PDA

View Full Version : nblade ruining form?

tennismaster888
09-25-2007, 11:08 AM
i currently use a fxp prestige and i demoed a nblade. i really liked it but when going back to my prestige a few days later my shots were really screwed up. :mad: could it have something to do with the great control of the nblade? any help is greatly appreciated

nn
09-25-2007, 11:46 AM
I mean if you like nBlade why switch back to something else...most of the recreational player (includes me) keep changing racquet just play like pros. I mean by changing racquet we add something but comes suffer at something. Even pros has to adjust like Roger has more mishits or unforced errors or you can say bad shots, Nadal suffer because he generate way too much spin on hard surface etc..just try to tell myself to stick with something and build game around that

Yes my current racquet is nBlade. I like it a lot and makes a difference to my game but backend is suffering. I will get it right by playing more and changing balance of racquet rather experimenting with it.

tennismaster888
09-25-2007, 12:05 PM
I mean if you like nBlade why switch back to something else...most of the recreational player (includes me) keep changing racquet just play like pros. I mean by changing racquet we add something but comes suffer at something. Even pros has to adjust like Roger has more mishits or unforced errors or you can say bad shots, Nadal suffer because he generate way too much spin on hard surface etc..just try to tell myself to stick with something and build game around that

Yes my current racquet is nBlade. I like it a lot and makes a difference to my game but backend is suffering. I will get it right by playing more and changing balance of racquet rather experimenting with it.

im not exactly sure if i like the nblade, thats the problem....and my demo was up so i had to give it back and then i went to play with the prestige and my game was scewed..

AndrewD
09-25-2007, 02:15 PM
i currently use a fxp prestige and i demoed a nblade. i really liked it but when going back to my prestige a few days later my shots were really screwed up. :mad: could it have something to do with the great control of the nblade? any help is greatly appreciated

If you're talking about the Flexpoint FXP Prestige Team then you're talking about a 102sq racquet vs either a 98sq or 106sq one in the nBlade (you never mentioned which version you used). That's more than enough difference to throw your timing out. Also, there's a huge difference in feel between the Prestige (any version) and the nBlade. That's enough to also throw out your timing.

tennismaster888
09-25-2007, 04:23 PM
If you're talking about the Flexpoint FXP Prestige Team then you're talking about a 102sq racquet vs either a 98sq or 106sq one in the nBlade (you never mentioned which version you used). That's more than enough difference to throw your timing out. Also, there's a huge difference in feel between the Prestige (any version) and the nBlade. That's enough to also throw out your timing.

i use the normal midplus...so same headsize..but its definitaly a different feel..ive played 5 hrs i still cant hit haha

iplaybetter
09-25-2007, 04:23 PM
i play around with rackets a lot and almost always i pick mine back up and it feels the best

tennismaster888
09-25-2007, 04:28 PM
i play around with rackets a lot and almost always i pick mine back up and it feels the best

haha i really just need to pick a racket and like not switch for like 4 years...what are peoples opinions on technifibre?

ananda
09-25-2007, 08:41 PM
i use the normal midplus...so same headsize..but its definitaly a different feel..ive played 5 hrs i still cant hit haha
you frighten me bro. my nblade which was purchased in NY 6 weeks ago could arrive any week . meanwhile i bought and got used to a PS 95.
i am now wondering whether testing the nblade out will ruin my form.

anyway, just get the nblade out of your mind. if you are underhitting, try overhitting. or vice versa.

fuzz nation
09-26-2007, 08:30 AM
Hopping around from one frame to another is a recipe for mishits. It gets you using the muscle memory and timing you'd need for one racquet and trying to apply it to a different one. Racquets with different weights and balances will swing on a different "schedule", so changing frames will often scramble the timing you unconsciously rely on. It might even cause you to adjust the location of your hitting zone depending on how a specific racquet handles for you.

If you can settle in on one for a while and stick with it (even though it's kind of a drag when you're experimenting), you should get your timing back.

tennismaster888
09-26-2007, 10:55 AM
you frighten me bro. my nblade which was purchased in NY 6 weeks ago could arrive any week . meanwhile i bought and got used to a PS 95.
i am now wondering whether testing the nblade out will ruin my form.

anyway, just get the nblade out of your mind. if you are underhitting, try overhitting. or vice versa.

idk my form was never perfect before i think i just screwed it up even more...

Hopping around from one frame to another is a recipe for mishits. It gets you using the muscle memory and timing you'd need for one racquet and trying to apply it to a different one. Racquets with different weights and balances will swing on a different "schedule", so changing frames will often scramble the timing you unconsciously rely on. It might even cause you to adjust the location of your hitting zone depending on how a specific racquet handles for you.

If you can settle in on one for a while and stick with it (even though it's kind of a drag when you're experimenting), you should get your timing back.

yeah im trying to experiment around in order to just finally decide with a rakcet and stick with it :D

tennismaster888
09-26-2007, 03:42 PM
omg sorry for this pointless thread guys i just realized my strings were compleetely dead!!!!!!!!!! :mad: :confused: i hadn't restrung them in a few months..so i switched rackets and it was perfectly fine =] nothing wrong :p