PDA

View Full Version : ~~~~~ The 90 Sq. In. Club ~~~~~

Pages : [1] 2 3

BreakPoint
09-25-2007, 01:28 PM
This is a club for all users of 90 sq. in. racquets to hang out. We may be a dying breed but I think there may be still enough of us that prefer the feel and control of a 90 sq. in. Midsize racquet. We can discuss string set-ups, customizations, comparative playtests, why you like your 90, how your 90 compares to bigger racquets, what works and what doesn't work, your ideal racquet, etc.

Examples of 90's include the: Wilson K90, nSix-One Tour 90, PS Tour 90; Dunlop Aerogel 100, MW200 90, HM 100; Yonex RDX 500 Mid, RDS 001 Mid, SRD 90; Head PC600, i.Prestige Mid, LM Prestige Mid, FXP Prestige Mid (yes, they are marked 93 sq. in. but they are actually closer to 90 sq. in.); Vantage 90; Dunlop Revelation Pro 90; and I'm sure many others that I have not listed.

OK, have fun! :D

(BTW, I currently use the Asian nCode nSix-One Tour 90.)

bagung
09-25-2007, 01:36 PM
how about those mid at 93 sq inch, like those from head, volkl..?

AlexP
09-25-2007, 01:41 PM
k90 - just starting to groove into playing with it, going down from a 100sqin

J011yroger
09-25-2007, 01:51 PM
Do you let power playing topspin punks in?

J

drakulie
09-25-2007, 01:53 PM
K90 user! Ashaway kevlar crossfire II, 16 gauge.

Currently experimenting with Luxilon on Mains and Gosen crosses. I have also been using the Asian version. Interested in knowing if anyone has leaded this frame up, and how it has changed the playing characteristics of the frame.

Both are great frames.

BreakPoint
09-25-2007, 01:54 PM
how about those mid at 93 sq inch, like those from head, volkl..?
Did you not see my list above? Head Mids are actually closer to 90 sq. in. so they are included. The Volkl DNX 10 Mid is really 93 sq. in., and may be even bigger as it plays more like a MP.

BreakPoint
09-25-2007, 01:55 PM
Do you let power playing topspin punks in?

J
Sure. Style of play doesn't matter.

For this club, only size matters! ;) LOL

Oxford
09-25-2007, 01:57 PM
I am a 3.0 player with a 100 sq in Babolat. So last night I was hitting with a guy's son demoing some racquets. The father is a 4.5 player who plays with a 90 incher. He let me borrow it. OH MAN, that was nuts I could hit OK for a while and loved the control but I am nowhere ready for that.

I served with it twice. The first one went into the bottom of the net and the second one went over the right fence.

Hats off to you guys. Mebbe in a few years:sad:

ox

BTW--I asked for his A game for a few hits. After he ran me all over the court (while he just sorta stood there) he would smoke some balls by me. His serves almost knocked my racquet out of my hand and i had to jump out of the way of his body serve so not to get hurt. Yep it was ugly. :sad:

I did walk away with a new knowledge of the game and a humbled ego. oh well.

J011yroger
09-25-2007, 02:01 PM
K90 user! Ashaway kevlar crossfire II, 16 gauge.

Currently experimenting with Luxilon on Mains and Gosen crosses. I have also been using the Asian version. Interested in knowing if anyone has leaded this frame up, and how it has changed the playing characteristics of the frame.

Both are great frames.

Lux mains and NRG2 crosses play pretty nicely. I actually prefer the NRG2 crosses to VS. Give it a shot, should last you a little while at least, since you hit very flat.

J

thefederman
09-25-2007, 02:13 PM
i'm a n90 user, after switching to big banger mains and natural crosses i won't let any other string touch my racket

drakulie
09-25-2007, 02:20 PM
Lux mains and NRG2 crosses play pretty nicely. I actually prefer the NRG2 crosses to VS. Give it a shot, should last you a little while at least, since you hit very flat.

J

Jo11yroger, what are NRG2 strings?? I'm lost.

Thanks in advance.

couch
09-25-2007, 02:32 PM

Thanks in advance.

Tecnifibre. I think the X-One Biphase is the upgraded version of these strings. Probably pretty soft and playable.

I'll enjoy following this thread, maybe I'll learn a thing or two. ;)

J011yroger
09-25-2007, 02:34 PM

Thanks in advance.

http://www.tennis-warehouse.com/descpageACTFUSA-NRG16.html

J

goosala
09-25-2007, 02:36 PM
I use the POG mid and really like the control. I use regular syn guts like PSG original and Gosen OG Sheep Micro. If I want to pay a little more I use Prince Sweet Perfection.

AlpineCadet
09-25-2007, 02:36 PM
This is a club for all users of 90 sq. in. racquets to hang out. We may be a dying breed but I think there may be still enough of us that prefer the feel and control of a 90 sq. in. Midsize racquet. We can discuss string set-ups, customizations, comparative playtests, why you like your 90, how your 90 compares to bigger racquets, what works and what doesn't work, your ideal racquet, etc.

Examples of 90's include the: Wilson K90, nSix-One Tour 90, PS Tour 90; Dunlop Aerogel 100, MW200 90, HM 100; Yonex RDX 500 Mid, RDS 001 Mid; Head PC600, i.Prestige Mid, LM Prestige Mid, FXP Prestige Mid (yes, they are marked 93 sq. in. but they are actually closer to 90 sq. in.); Vantage 90; Cayman TNT-90; and I'm sure many others that I have not listed.

OK, have fun! :D

(BTW, I currently use the Asian nCode nSix-One Tour 90.)

I'm a 90/98 square inch player, and still in the deciding phase, lol.

I've been straying from the 90 square inch frames, and haven't actually realized until recently how much directional control I've lost in using Midplus frames. The bigger head def. needs a stiffer string or higher tension to compensate for the loss of a smaller sweetspot.

But in the end, if I wanted to stay with the Midplus frames and if the equipment is well adjusted, I'd have a bigger hitting area for a mishit, and I would think that that would help save me from shanking those few balls that can find their way into killing my timing/jamming my strokes.

Timmahhh
09-25-2007, 02:42 PM
i have a pc600 and a prince tricomp 90

drakulie
09-25-2007, 02:43 PM
couch, jo11yroger>>> thanks. I'll try them out.

I definitely enjoy the feel and play of the Lux mains, and gosen crosses. However, compared to the ashaway, I am finding the Lux mains lose their tension quickly. Especially, immediatley after stringing.

nickb
09-25-2007, 02:51 PM
I guess I cant join...my racquet is 93sqin :(

J011yroger
09-25-2007, 02:55 PM

I definitely enjoy the feel and play of the Lux mains, and gosen crosses. However, compared to the ashaway, I am finding the Lux mains lose their tension quickly. Especially, immediatley after stringing.

I let mine sit for 3 days before I play them. I never play a racquet fresh off the machine. Once they settle, then they can chill out in your bag for a good while with very little change in playability.

As far as playing time, with the lux you get very little before it goes dead and is the worst string ever.

Not really an issue with me as I can break most hybrids within an hour, and full jobs or gut blends within 2.

But if I have said it once I have said it a thousand times, Lux is for people who like to restring, or don't care how their racquet plays.

ALU is godly for the first hour, ok for the 2nd and if it doesn't break in 2 hours it is the worst string on the planet.

J

J011yroger
09-25-2007, 02:57 PM

You mean this weeks racquet :)

You have to admit that you miss the sting you get from the stiffer racquets. And you know the Volkies don't serve like your wilsons did.

There must be something better out there. :evil:

J

bad_call
09-25-2007, 03:05 PM
...And you know the Volkies don't serve like your wilsons did.

J

JR - my T10V Mid doesn't know that. it serves bombs. :p must be defective. ;)

couch
09-25-2007, 03:07 PM

I think it's just a different feel (Lux and Kevlar). I used to use Kevlar (Pro Blend) for years and just a couple years ago switched to poly.

I loved that boardy feel of kevlar and it was pretty hard for me to switch but I think the poly (SPPP) gives me just a little more feel and power and still allows me to keep the ball in the court. I think if you give it a chance you'll really like poly, given you use a good one that maintains tension. I think poly, compared to kevlar, has a lot of the same characteristics but it may allow you some more power.

It seems like a lot of the newer polys go through three stages: 1. Lose a little tension initially. 2. Lock into a tension and slowly lose tension but it's not that noticeable. 3. Just become dead and unplayable.

Let me know if you have any questions regarding the polys out there. I've tried a lot of them over the last couple years.

J011yroger
09-25-2007, 03:09 PM
JR - my T10V Mid doesn't know that. it serves bombs. :p must be defective. ;)

Might be a paintjob!

Have you ever served a box beam wilson?

J

couch
09-25-2007, 03:13 PM
BP, I'm sorry I just realized I shouldn't be posting; I play with a 100 sq. in. racquet. If I hit with a 90 sq. in. tomorrow can I post every now and then? :)

J011yroger
09-25-2007, 03:19 PM
BP, I'm sorry I just realized I shouldn't be posting; I play with a 100 sq. in. racquet. If I hit with a 90 sq. in. tomorrow can I post every now and then? :)

INFIDEL SPY!

Guards....Sieze him!

Oh, wait. . . its just couch.

Confiscate the intruder's racquets and let him go with a warning not to be seen with a non 90" racquet in these lands again.

J

nickb
09-25-2007, 03:28 PM
You mean this weeks racquet :)

You have to admit that you miss the sting you get from the stiffer racquets. And you know the Volkies don't serve like your wilsons did.

J

I dony miss my wilsons one bit!

But I could just buy 1 k90 so I can join this thread...:)

I need to stick with something...the volkl is the one!

Nick

couch
09-25-2007, 03:30 PM
INFIDEL SPY!

Guards....Sieze him!

Oh, wait. . . its just couch.

Confiscate the intruder's racquets and let him go with a warning not to be seen with a non 90" racquet in these lands again.

J

LOL. That's pretty good.

And better yet J011yroger, I use a Volkl 100 sq. in. racquet. But don't worry your guys' trade secrets are safe with me. I'll even sign a non-disclosure if I need to.

I do have three old wood racquets, does that count? And no, they're not Woodies. :)

BreakPoint
09-25-2007, 03:35 PM
Well, you could have if you hadn't kept switching racquets. ;) LOL

BreakPoint
09-25-2007, 03:36 PM
Only if you promise to hit with a 90 now and then. ;) LOL

drakulie
09-25-2007, 03:55 PM
I think it's just a different feel (Lux and Kevlar). I used to use Kevlar (Pro Blend) for years and just a couple years ago switched to poly.

I loved that boardy feel of kevlar and it was pretty hard for me to switch but I think the poly (SPPP) gives me just a little more feel and power and still allows me to keep the ball in the court. I think if you give it a chance you'll really like poly, given you use a good one that maintains tension. I think poly, compared to kevlar, has a lot of the same characteristics but it may allow you some more power.

It seems like a lot of the newer polys go through three stages: 1. Lose a little tension initially. 2. Lock into a tension and slowly lose tension but it's not that noticeable. 3. Just become dead and unplayable.

Let me know if you have any questions regarding the polys out there. I've tried a lot of them over the last couple years.

Yeah, I am really enjoying the Lux. Definitely feels like it gives more pop, and added spin. Like you, I love a boardy feel, which is why I love the kevlar. I think the Lux also have a boardy feel, but a bit more springy?? (not too much). especially since I string them so tight.

Perhaps they are slipping on my clamps when I string them?? I'm going to have to make sure this isn't the cause. The last two string jobs I did, they lost a lot of tension after I took them off the machine.

What other poly combo would you recommend? Remember, I string very tight.

Joy11roger, I like hitting with a freshly strung frame. I do however agree, that they go dead fairly quick, and also retain their tension for a while after the initial tension loss.

bad_call
09-25-2007, 04:07 PM
Might be a paintjob!

Have you ever served a box beam wilson?

J

oh yeah. still have the ps85 which i played with for mucho years. and have the JK Prostaff woodie...but they are both smaller than 90. :-(

the ps85 served great (duh...everyone knows that) but i like the t10v mid better.

me is bored
09-25-2007, 05:39 PM
count me in. LM Prestige mid =]

couch
09-25-2007, 06:08 PM
Yeah, I am really enjoying the Lux. Definitely feels like it gives more pop, and added spin. Like you, I love a boardy feel, which is why I love the kevlar. I think the Lux also have a boardy feel, but a bit more springy?? (not too much). especially since I string them so tight.

Perhaps they are slipping on my clamps when I string them?? I'm going to have to make sure this isn't the cause. The last two string jobs I did, they lost a lot of tension after I took them off the machine.

What other poly combo would you recommend? Remember, I string very tight.

Joy11roger, I like hitting with a freshly strung frame. I do however agree, that they go dead fairly quick, and also retain their tension for a while after the initial tension loss.

First of all, what "type" of stringer do you use? If you don't have a constant pull machine that may be part of the problem, not sure. I don't know the exact properties (stretch-wise) between kevlar and poly. I didn't have my stringer when I used kevlar. Poly doesn't stretch a whole lot on the machine but it does some, again, not sure about Kevlar so I'm kinda guessing here. I use a Laserfibre stringer so it's constant pull and stretches the poly until I clamp off. Some people talk about pre-stretching poly before stringing but I've never done this.

I'm not sure what type of tension loss I experience after I string my poly. I guess "it is what it is" and I'm used to it. Poly can sometimes be pretty tricky to find the right tension. I would also string it at the same tension you've been stringing your kevlar. Don't go down 10% since you're used to a stiff string to start with.

The two polys that I probably have the most play with and would recommend are Laserfibre Kryptonite, which is the same thing as Signum Pro Poly Plasma, and Pro Hurricane Tour. They both seem to hold their tension really well for polys and that's the most important thing to me in a poly as I don't want the ball to start flying.

I use Laserfibre's Superblend hybrid which is Kryptonite/SPPP in the mains and Ruffcut in the crosses. The Ruffcut is a pretty stiff string that is textured so it stiffens up the stringbed a little bit. Kryptonite/SPPP is supposed to be a softer poly for what it's worth.

I've also used the Pro Hurricane Tour combined with a simple cross of PSG w/dfx. You may like this combo a little better as I think it's the closest thing to Pro Blend I've used. The PHT and PSG w/dfx seems to offer a stiffer stringbed than the Kryptonite/SPPP and ruffcut. I haven't really used PSG w/dfx with my Kryptonite/SPPP though.

If you want a stiffer stringbed when using poly I would try the PSG w/dfx in the crosses since it has the kevlar weaved in. There are so many combos when it comes to hybriding though it can get a little crazy. If you are used to using Gosen you may experiment with that in the crosses so you get a better feel for how each poly feels. You change both mains and crosses it may be harder to settle on something.

Oh yeah, Lux Alu Power does seem awesome in the beginning but it loses "something" after a few hours of play. Not sure what that "something" is but you can definitely feel it. Lux also seems more powerful than PHT and Kryptonite/SPPP and that alone is why I haven't used it too much. The Kryptonite and Ruffcut seem to be the perfect combo for me in my Tour 8s and that's pretty much the only thing I use. I am experimenting with PHT and PSG w/dfx in a Babolat Aero Storm I have though. That combo in this racquet reminds me of the good ole' days of my POG and Pro Blend strung at 75 lbs. :) Ahhhh, those were the days. :-D

couch
09-25-2007, 06:13 PM
Only if you promise to hit with a 90 now and then. ;) LOL

I promise, I promise. You can't see my fingers crossed behind my back can you? Okay, good. :)

BOZO
09-25-2007, 06:27 PM
POG mid & K90, both with Nat'l gut 15L .... long live the MID...

saram
09-25-2007, 06:46 PM
I have 6 i Prestige mids and two FXP Prestige mids....will that get me in the club? Just how does a guy get a number to joing this club and put in their sig, BP?????

saram
09-25-2007, 06:46 PM
And by the way, my Prince O3 Tour mids are going in the trash. Total junk!

Klatu Verata Necktie
09-25-2007, 07:00 PM
I'm in.

K90 is my weapon of choice.

The only drawback to using a 90" head is hearing, "damn that's small!" when I whip out my stick ;)

Mad iX
09-25-2007, 07:31 PM
Tour 90 here. Also N90, K90 and Yonex SRD Tour 90, MP-Tour 1 90.

lioneldude
09-25-2007, 07:48 PM
2 Wilson K Six One Tour 90s
-341 grams 31.5cm balance
-336 grams 32.5cm balance (2nd racket is lighter due to poor Wilson QC Standards)

Luxilon ALU Power 16L mains/Gamma Live Wire XP 16 crosses

Tension between 53-58 depending on how high or low i want it.

Keifers
09-25-2007, 07:52 PM
BP and others,

Were the Prince CTS 90s (e.g., Lightning, Precision, Graduate) really 90 sq ins?

And how about the Spectrum Comp 90 and Graphite Pro 90?

BreakPoint
09-25-2007, 07:59 PM
BP and others,

Were the Prince CTS 90s (e.g., Lightning, Precision, Graduate) really 90 sq ins?

And how about the Spectrum Comp 90 and Graphite Pro 90?
Hi Keifers,

Sorry, I've never played with any of those racquets before so I don't know.

Hopefully, some others here will be able to answer.

BreakPoint
09-25-2007, 08:06 PM
I have 6 i Prestige mids and two FXP Prestige mids....will that get me in the club? Just how does a guy get a number to joing this club and put in their sig, BP?????
Sure, the Head Mids count because they are really 90 sq. in. (or close to it) and not 93 sq. in. as they are marketed to be.

As far as getting a number for the club, just count how many people have posted that they play with a 90 before you did and then add one. ;)

AlpineCadet
09-25-2007, 08:10 PM
-336 grams 32.5cm balance (2nd racket is lighter due to poor Wilson QC Standards)

Luxilon ALU Power 16L mains/Gamma Live Wire XP 16 crosses

Tension between 53-58 depending on how high or low i want it.

If those are US spec k90's then surely those are unstrung specs, because the k90's start off around 340+ unstrung.

armand
09-25-2007, 10:10 PM
I do use a 90 in the 001, but if that wasn't around, I would play with something larger.

racquetjunkie
09-25-2007, 10:14 PM
let me in BP!
loving my RDX and n6.1 mids!

gerikoh
09-25-2007, 10:15 PM
add me up!!
Asian K90 love it like no other!!
though i wish i had the money to buy natural guts. :D

ShiroRm
09-25-2007, 10:32 PM
I started to love mids last year, using the Rdx 500. A part from the aesthetics (the smaller head looks better, I think: it's nicier to hold a spoon than a shovel), I love the control and in general, the feedback they offer about the game

Alafter
09-25-2007, 11:10 PM
[Setting: BP's 90 SQin Lounge. All mid users hanging out]

[Door bursts open]

[Alafter with 2 Nblade OS strap across his back and wielding Nblade OS in either hands come running through the lounge]

"OS! OS! OS! OS! OS! OS! OS! OS! OS! OS RULEZ! OS KICKS *****! OS FOR THE PEOPLE!"

[Alafter runs out the back door]

OS RULZ.

Automatix
09-26-2007, 12:03 AM
I've always thought that a Mid racquet would be to hard to play for me... but I found a brand new Muscle Weave 200G 90 in a Babolat shop and ordered it... now I am in love with Mids I'll never go back to bigger headsize racquets (at least not until I get old and wrinkled ;) )...

A MW 200G 90 user here... soon a RDX 500 Mid owner (I ordered one for comparison, also only one because the shop only had one :D )

BTW: Since this Thread was created let's do a list of the dying out 90 sq.inch race ;)

Bubba
09-26-2007, 12:35 AM

J

J011y...
Glad to hear your take on NRG2... have been hybriding it with Signum Pro Hex in search of a more price friendly NXT Tour... like it so far. How does the feel and control hold up for you? I string my 90's up at about 61 on both m & x's. Love it. Did find that the NRG2 takes a short period to break in - few games... but then the feel is consistent.

Bubba
09-26-2007, 12:39 AM

Does your wife let you have a girlfriend?!?

ShiroRm
09-26-2007, 12:55 AM
[Setting: BP's 90 SQin Lounge. All mid users hanging out]

[Door bursts open]

[Alafter with 2 Nblade OS strap across his back and wielding Nblade OS in either hands come running through the lounge]

"OS! OS! OS! OS! OS! OS! OS! OS! OS! OS RULEZ! OS KICKS *****! OS FOR THE PEOPLE!"

[Alafter runs out the back door]

OS RULZ.

It was a super secret reunion. How did you get informed about it?!
There must be a spy among us, "bonnes cousins charbonniers" ;-)

keithchircop
09-26-2007, 01:21 AM
Prestige Tour 600
+ Addon grip + Babolat Leather grip + Yonex Supergrap = 12.9oz, SW 325, 12.6pts headlight

Hit flat more often than with topspin, so I use Prince Topspin 15g to tame the beast. String at 58lbs, when tension falls below 48lbs I restring.

How many flat hitters are there here, as opposed to "topspin punks"?

ShiroRm
09-26-2007, 01:41 AM
mostly flat, yes

Rysty
09-26-2007, 01:48 AM
Good afternoon. May I join the club? All of my RDX 500 mids are equipped with some duct tape or heat shrink sleeve, Bab leather grip, Supergrap and Gamma head tape = strung weight 377 grams. No lead needed... Strung with Alu, 25 kg mains / 24 kg crosses.

I will never switch.

anirut
09-26-2007, 02:15 AM
OK, I'll join.

Main Weapon: PK Redondo Mid; way-out-of-this-world modified.
String: Low-cost synthetic 17G @ 62 lbs.
Style: All over the court, 1HBH.

J011yroger
09-26-2007, 03:13 AM
J011y...
Glad to hear your take on NRG2... have been hybriding it with Signum Pro Hex in search of a more price friendly NXT Tour... like it so far. How does the feel and control hold up for you? I string my 90's up at about 61 on both m & x's. Love it. Did find that the NRG2 takes a short period to break in - few games... but then the feel is consistent.

I liked it better than the full job when playing lighter hitters, or dubs. But against heavy hitters I broke it in an hour, so I abandoned it.

J

tennisman_27
09-26-2007, 04:44 AM
Just purchased 2 k90s yesterday so I'm excited to join the club.
I got 2 diff multi strings to try em out, nrg2 17 and xcel premium 16. If I end up breaking them too fast I'll probably go hybrid with lux on the mains and nrg2 on the crosses.

iksmols
09-26-2007, 04:50 AM
Proud K90 owner here.I am still experimenting with the string .I am using synthetic gut @53 lb but am going to try full Unique Tourna Big Hitter next.Has anybody tried full poly on K90?

NetMuncher
09-26-2007, 05:10 AM
Ok, I'm in.
I recently switched from a PS Tour 90 to HEAD PC 600.

iladi
09-26-2007, 05:24 AM
2 x iPrestige Mid. have tried Dunlop Mfil 300, but was a not go for me. slower serves and to little control in general. i stick with Prestiges.

Ronny
09-26-2007, 05:25 AM
nearly there guys.....95sq inch. lol

MichaelChang
09-26-2007, 05:40 AM
can PS 85 join? :)

tennisman_27
09-26-2007, 06:36 AM
Proud K90 owner here.I am still experimenting with the string .I am using synthetic gut @53 lb but am going to try full Unique Tourna Big Hitter next.Has anybody tried full poly on K90?

I did, I really didnt like it. Feels pretty dead to me. I used topspin poly 17 strung at 60, but who knows what the tension is now lol (4 days later)

luv2volley
09-26-2007, 08:25 AM
I got one too. Wow..this is growing fast.

armand
09-26-2007, 09:02 AM
Proud K90 owner here.I am still experimenting with the string .I am using synthetic gut @53 lb but am going to try full Unique Tourna Big Hitter next.Has anybody tried full poly on K90?Full Kirschbaum Competition 1.2mm has been the best setup so far that I've found. 57.5lbs

ryan808
09-26-2007, 09:39 AM

I've tried full Lux BB ALU Power 16L and full Bab Pro Hurricane 16 on the K90 and didn't enjoy either as much as I do hybrid or full synthetic. I may have gone with a too big of a gauge for a full job. Felt too stiff and boardy, in my opinion, and to add insult to injury (pardon the pun), I got some shoulder pain with the full Lux job...first time feeling any pain/injury due to tennis (non-accident related).

I do, however, like cyberflash 17g in the mains w/ gosen micro 16g crosses strung in the low 50s with this racket. It excels when hitting with pace (groundies, serves, overheads, put-aways), but still lacks in the "touch" department, but not as bad as a full job. But I feel with a hybrid, this is something that I can eventually adjust to with practice.

Also, I was surprised to see the poly mains notching instead of the nylon crosses. Nevertheless, the durability is an added bonus compared to full nylon.

quest01
09-26-2007, 10:03 AM
Ive used the n90 and k90 before but i really wasnt to impressed with how my game was progressing with them. I like to use a 90 sq in racket when i want to really challenge myself. For example i will hit many more approach shots and go to the net and end points as early as possible. I dont find a 90 headsize good for getting into baseline rallies. When i want to challenge myself or if im playing against someone that isnt as good as me then i may use a 90sq inch racket. Personally though i would never permanently make the switch to a 90 because my game would drop considerably.

Big Fed
09-26-2007, 10:11 AM
My dad uses K Tour does that mean i can get in? Lol......

Noisy Ninja
09-26-2007, 10:29 AM
Another K90 user here.
Currently using a Yonex 850 Pro/Topspin Cyberflash hybrid setup on the frames; durability suffers big time with this setup but I find there is excellent consistency in feel, playability, and spin for that short duration.

sureshs
09-26-2007, 10:30 AM
I am a 3.0 player with a 100 sq in Babolat. So last night I was hitting with a guy's son demoing some racquets. The father is a 4.5 player who plays with a 90 incher. He let me borrow it. OH MAN, that was nuts I could hit OK for a while and loved the control but I am nowhere ready for that.

I served with it twice. The first one went into the bottom of the net and the second one went over the right fence.

ox

Hats off to them for what? Playing with a 90 or actually playing well?

Automatix
09-26-2007, 10:35 AM
Hey Breakpoint have you found a decent setup for your RDX 500 Mid? I now that after the Gutech Plus breaks on my Muscle Weave I'll string it with Tecnifibre Xtra Dynamic... but the Mid is a more difficult matter because it doesn't have a dense pattern and I want something comfortable, precise yet durable... the MW with the 18x20 pattern just begs for a good multi or gut however I can't imagine a soft multi on an RDX 500 Mid... I have a set of Kirschbaum Touch Turbo 1,25mm I wonder if it would work with 25,5/24 kg(mains/crosses)...

By the way are Yonex racquets supposed to be strung from the head (crosses)???

Masamusou
09-26-2007, 10:36 AM
Based on the people in this group I'm not so sure I want to be involved in such a group. All offense intended of course. Unfortunately, I am using a 90" frame so I guess that would include me and my small collection of RDS001 mids. Simple Alpha Viper 17 is all the frame needs to play well. Breaks in about 2 hours, but plays damn well.

BreakPoint
09-26-2007, 11:51 AM
How many flat hitters are there here, as opposed to "topspin punks"?
I'm predominately flat, too. :D

BreakPoint
09-26-2007, 11:58 AM
Good afternoon. May I join the club? All of my RDX 500 mids are equipped with some duct tape or heat shrink sleeve, Bab leather grip, Supergrap and Gamma head tape = strung weight 377 grams. No lead needed... Strung with Alu, 25 kg mains / 24 kg crosses.

I will never switch.
Welcome! :D

With 9 x RDX 500 Mids, I can understand why you would "never" want to switch. ;)

BreakPoint
09-26-2007, 12:01 PM
can PS 85 join? :)
Sorry, but 90's only. :-(

Isn't there already a PS 6.0 85 club here somewhere?

Or you can upgrade? ;)

BreakPoint
09-26-2007, 12:24 PM
Hats off to them for what? Playing with a 90 or actually playing well?
Playing well, of course. ;)

BreakPoint
09-26-2007, 12:25 PM
Hey Breakpoint have you found a decent setup for your RDX 500 Mid?
I just use a basic syn gut in my RDX 500 Mid and it seems to work great. :D

couch
09-26-2007, 01:08 PM
Does your wife let you have a girlfriend?!?

You've got a point there. ;)

J011yroger
09-26-2007, 01:37 PM

I use it currently. I only reccomend it to people with no problems putting the big hurt on the ball, and people willing to restring often.

J

saram
09-26-2007, 01:39 PM
I think we are going to have to find a good way to separate those Wilson users from us Head users in time. Nothing like an old Prestige mid!!! (j/k). Anyone using a mid rocks!!!

HodeClassicMP
09-26-2007, 01:40 PM
POG mid 93 here... Do I need to downgrade?

sureshs
09-26-2007, 01:40 PM
Playing well, of course. ;)

Hey now that NBMJ is gone, SOMEBODY has to make fun of 90 users. It is just a job that needs to be done.

J011yroger
09-26-2007, 01:42 PM
I think we are going to have to find a good way to separate those Wilson users from us Head users in time. Nothing like an old Prestige mid!!! (j/k). Anyone using a mid rocks!!!

I think we can get along. Prestiege mids are nice bats, I just hate the head handles and my junk serves are not as good as with the wilsons. Or I could very well be using a LM Prestiege mid now.

J

0d1n
09-26-2007, 01:44 PM
I think we are going to have to find a good way to separate those Wilson users from us Head users in time. Nothing like an old Prestige mid!!! (j/k).
I'll have to agree with that one...

Anyone using a mid rocks!!!

...but I'll have to STRONGLY disagree with this one ;)

saram
09-26-2007, 01:48 PM
I'll have to agree with that one...

...but I'll have to STRONGLY disagree with this one ;)

Ok, you got me with that one. Not everyone rocks. But it sure beats watching a bunch of pushers out there with PD's and APD's...

saram
09-26-2007, 01:49 PM
I think we can get along. Prestiege mids are nice bats, I just hate the head handles and my junk serves are not as good as with the wilsons. Or I could very well be using a LM Prestiege mid now.

J

I have yet to hit with the LM Prestige mid. I'd like to though, you can find a lot of sweet deals out there. Can't stand my O3 Tour mids for some reason. Thought they would play nice, but just a trampoline; no wonder Blake never used that mid in the Prince line.

J011yroger
09-26-2007, 02:15 PM
I have yet to hit with the LM Prestige mid. I'd like to though, you can find a lot of sweet deals out there. Can't stand my O3 Tour mids for some reason. Thought they would play nice, but just a trampoline; no wonder Blake never used that mid in the Prince line.

The LMPM was FAR more spin friendly than I thought it would be.

And I could hit bombs with it serving. Give it a shot, I am sure they are plenty cheap by now.

J

Glorious
09-26-2007, 04:18 PM
I hear the calls of the 90 sq in rackets...

Oh, how sweet it is.

str33t
09-26-2007, 04:24 PM
My Yonex RDS 001 is a mid but its sweetspot is huuuge.

:D

Mr. Hokey
09-26-2007, 05:42 PM
oh saram. how i envy you. 6 i. prestiges? i believe that racquet changed so much for me.

i remember hitting with my friend's i.prestige for the first time, and that's when i first switched to a one hander. it also began my obsession for mid-sized racquets.

however, i was unable to purchase one myself, because they were discontinued so i opted for the pc600 which i heard only good things about. this is where i make a crucial transition. i had made the mistake of only buying one pc600... and when i went back to look for a second, tw had run out of them in 3/8s grip. so now i was quite dismayed. this led to further coincidence when i went to restring my racquet, i found a used ps85 on sale. i don't think the shop owner knew how much it was worth, because it was maybe in 7/10-8/10 for only 40 bucks. this was a must buy.

i then proceeded to play with the ps85 for this past summer and had fallen in love with how my serve and forehand felt with it... but i had to be realistic and accept that i was not yet ready to handle the 85 sq inch scalpel. this is when i went on search for a PS90.

upon finding a dealer that had sold it... at a relatively cheap price for a discontinued and sought after racquet, i ordered two of them to make sure i don't make the same mistake again. i can't be happier. both these racquets feel like extensions of my arms now, something i just couldn't get from these new 100+ inch racquets.

but i can't forget how different my style of tennis would be if i had been able to find those i.prestiges, i'd be playing a much more baseline oriented spin game as opposed to the flat aggressive all-court/snv style i have now.

basically, i don't think i could ever play the way i do with a racquet larger than 95 inches.

long live the mid users! haha.

Automatix
09-26-2007, 11:55 PM
I just use a basic syn gut in my RDX 500 Mid and it seems to work great. :D

What tension?

My goal is to make the power level of the RDX 500 Mid similar to my MW 200G 90... I believe that because of the tight string pattern the MW should be significantly lower powered...

lioneldude
09-27-2007, 12:15 AM
If those are US spec k90's then surely those are unstrung specs, because the k90's start off around 340+ unstrung.

Took some time to reply. Those are Asian specs strung and with 1 overgrip.

AlpineCadet
09-27-2007, 12:16 AM
Took some time to reply. Those are Asian specs strung and with 1 overgrip.

Thanks for the clarification, because that seems to make more sense now. ;)

lioneldude
09-27-2007, 12:18 AM

If working out the unstrung specs, its around 319 grams and 314 grams, not too sure with the balance cos i've never measured it without the strings and grips.

Bubba
09-27-2007, 12:44 AM
POG mid 93 here... Do I need to downgrade?

No... you need to upgrade to the K90!

BreakPoint
09-27-2007, 01:20 AM
What tension?

My goal is to make the power level of the RDX 500 Mid similar to my MW 200G 90... I believe that because of the tight string pattern the MW should be significantly lower powered...
Mine is strung at 58lbs right now. Next time I may go 2lbs lower, though.

Diabolu
09-27-2007, 01:25 AM
RDS-001 here... one of best things I've done for my game :) Gorgeous racket as it turns out, even as for the first few weeks I just couldn't play with it and kept taking my flexpoint out of its bag

Automatix
09-27-2007, 01:44 AM
Reserve your place at the club ;)

"The 90 Sq. In. Club" - Member #2 Here!

BreakPoint you lazy slug as the OP you should make an endangered species list!

keithchircop
09-27-2007, 01:57 AM
What tension?

The lowest powered syn gut is Prince Topspin 15g.

Automatix
09-27-2007, 02:04 AM
The lowest powered syn gut is Prince Topspin 15g.

Thx keithchircop, I have to experiment with the strings so the power level of the MW and RDX be as close as possible... ;)

BreakPoint
09-27-2007, 02:08 AM
Reserve your place at the club ;)

"The 90 Sq. In. Club" - Member #2 Here!

BreakPoint you lazy slug as the OP you should make an endangered species list!
Anyone who uses a 90 can join this club.

You don't need a member number. In fact, I've removed it from my sig. So it doesn't matter what number you are, just call yourself a member. :D

0d1n
09-27-2007, 02:15 AM

You don't need a member number. In fact, I've removed it from my sig. So it doesn't matter what number you are, just call yourself a member. :D

Ntz ntz ntz, jonolau is so much more organized :D.

Automatix
09-27-2007, 02:33 AM
BP will come up with anything just to skip some work...

keithchircop
09-27-2007, 04:21 AM

Okay, but we should know how many members the club has.

Automatix
09-27-2007, 08:31 AM
So I've finally got my RDX 500 Mid and I am impressed with the quality of the pj...

JohnnyM
09-27-2007, 10:15 AM
just joined the club with 2 Dunlop Aerogel 100's.
Switched from Wilson Nblade at 98 and the Head FXP rad
at 98. Tried the k90 and fell in love, so I switched.
90sq is awesome for the one hander.

Need to experiment with tension and string though.

timeisonmyside
09-27-2007, 11:13 AM
I'm in! FXP Prestige Mid and i.Prestige Mid.

Hopefully, this is not a dying club.

monkey-ranch
09-27-2007, 11:24 AM
can i join?? i'm currently using the K90 a bit customized. i've always used 95 and then gave it a try with this one and loved it!!!! by now i string it full natural gut, im not sure if i will change i love em!!!!

bluescreen
09-27-2007, 11:54 AM
currenlty using a lm prestige mid, but who knows what i'll be using tomorrow. so i guess im in with an * by my name.

BreakPoint
09-27-2007, 12:17 PM
Okay, but we should know how many members the club has.
But why is that important? :confused:

People are continuing to join everyday and there's no limit to the number of members. The more the merrier. :D

siber222000
09-27-2007, 12:42 PM
finally my rds 001 string is done lol =_=... time to use my overhead racquet until my rds 001 gets fixed! :sad:

ShiroRm
09-27-2007, 01:53 PM
But why is that important? :confused:

People are continuing to join everyday and there's no limit to the number of members. The more the merrier. :D

It could be "useful" for the members to have a list showing who and how many we are and possibly, the mid respectively used

GoochMoney
09-27-2007, 01:59 PM
Picked this up at a tag sale and smoked my homies...feels alot like the PS85...it may be smaller than a PS/N/K90

http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=158497

WhiteSox05CA
09-27-2007, 02:17 PM
I wanna join the cool kid club!

DoubleHanded&LovinIt
09-27-2007, 02:25 PM
Just joined--K90 is my weapon of choice now.

The Ripper
09-27-2007, 03:02 PM
Hi Breakpoint,

Count me in. Finally switched fully to the K90. It took about 3-4 months of playing with it off and on, matches, etc. to finally get the serve worked out. For me at least, the weight of the racket needs to be handled just right for serving and overheads, so took some time to get the biomechanics worked out. Now I can put the ball where I want, down the middle, into the body or out wide and plenty of spin on second serves. So I'm selling all the rest (check the "for sale" section).

I have been using Bab Hurricane Pro 18 at 54 lbs. mostly, which I liked quite well. Also tried VS+ mains and HPro 18 x's - nice combination, but I don't like the strings moving around. Currently experimenting with Bab Hurricane Tour 17's at 53 and 55 (bought the second K90 a couple days ago). I was looking for a little more bite from the strings and better control - so far so good.

Just can't beat the K90 for solidity, placement and hitting a heavy ball. As Granville said in the review, it is like having the biggest weapon on court. Ultimately I just feel more confident wielding a racket that will handle about anything thrown at it (or hit!). No problem with headsize. BTW, I did get an AK90 which is a very sweet racket. Not stable enough though. I found myself having to put more energy into holding the racket more tightly to keep it from being knocked around. US K90 no worries, just stick it out there (it's so nice out I think I'll leave it out :) ) and the racket will do the rest of the work - just fantastic! So I am finally a devotee and (for now) my racquoholic days are over, at last!

Long live the 90's.

hyperwarrior
09-27-2007, 03:29 PM
I own 4 nSix-One Tour 90...

vkartikv
09-27-2007, 05:27 PM
After my brief stint with the fxp prestige MP, I upgraded to the prestige tour 600. I guess this is a 90 sq.in. frame? Somehow managed to procure a 'Made in Austria' version of these frames. The flex is very addictive.

bad_call
09-27-2007, 06:31 PM
...Long live the 90's.

actually the 80's were kinda fun but anyway i agree!! i really enjoy hitting against players using the 90's. it's so exciting. :)

saram
09-27-2007, 07:01 PM
I'm in! FXP Prestige Mid and i.Prestige Mid.

Hopefully, this is not a dying club.

Great sticks, my friend. And, this club will never die, as I'll never hit with anything again but a Prestige Mid. :D

Bubba
09-28-2007, 01:20 AM
just joined the club with 2 Dunlop Aerogel 100's.
Switched from Wilson Nblade at 98 and the Head FXP rad
at 98. Tried the k90 and fell in love, so I switched.
90sq is awesome for the one hander.

Need to experiment with tension and string though.

Welcome... try a good hybrid.

Pro Staff Pete
09-28-2007, 02:32 AM
Pro Staff :)

keithchircop
09-28-2007, 02:42 PM
At the moment there are at least 5 threads in the main "Racquets" page about mids.

drakulie
09-28-2007, 02:59 PM
Crushing the Ball!!!

brownie808
09-28-2007, 03:22 PM
I use a k90, ill join

prostaff18
09-28-2007, 04:33 PM
I have always used the Wilson mids and I switched to the pure storm when i went to college and then i switched to the pc600 when tw had them. Now that I cant get any pc600's i have gone to the k90. when the new prestige is out im going to that.

I love the feel of the k90. but you cant beat the pc600!!!! The GOAT of all racquet's!!!!!

AlpineCadet
09-28-2007, 05:59 PM
At the moment there are at least 5 threads in the main "Racquets" page about mids.

But everyone likes to feel important, which is solely why this thread exists!! :p

BreakPoint
09-28-2007, 07:06 PM
But "Mid" does not necessarily mean 90 sq. in.. "Mid" could be anything from about 75 sq. in. to 95 sq. in. (according to Prince). This is a club ONLY for 90 sq. in. racquet users.

GoshSam
09-28-2007, 07:41 PM
Count me in please.

1 x Mizuno Ivan Lendl Type-R
1 x Wilson Tour 90
4 x Head Prestige Classic
1 x Dunlop 100G
2 x Dunlop Aerogel 100
1 x Pro Kennex Type C Redondo

(sub-90 sq.)
1 x Dunlop Max 200G
1 X Yonex RD-Ti 70

keithchircop
09-29-2007, 12:07 AM
The father is a 4.5 player who plays with a 90 incher. He let me borrow it. OH MAN, that was nuts I could hit OK for a while and loved the control but I am nowhere ready for that.

I started out playing with an 18x20, 90 mid. Never had problems serving flat. It is a bit tricky to get heavy spin on the serve because of the string pattern but otherwise I don't see how serving (of all things) should be harder with a smaller head. It's not like the ball is coming at you at 100mph.

BreakPoint
09-29-2007, 12:21 AM
I started out playing with an 18x20, 90 mid. Never had problems serving flat. It is a bit tricky to get heavy spin on the serve because of the string pattern but otherwise I don't see how serving (of all things) should be harder with a smaller head. It's not like the ball is coming at you at 100mph.
Actually, I find it EASIER to serve with a smaller headed racquet for several reasons:

1. The sweetspot if further away from your hand so it's like adding a couple of inches to your height on the serve.

2. It's easier for me to manipulate the angle of the head of a smaller headed racquet for those slice and kick serves.

3. I get pinpoint control on serves with a smaller racquet so I can hit flat bombs into any corner that I choose. (There's a good reason the best server ever, Sampras, stuck with his 85 throughout his career.)

4. I feel I can swing more freely because there's less fear of accidently hitting your leg on the follow-through with a big racquet head. ;)

5. Most smaller headed racquets also tend to be heavier and more headlight which I think is the perfect set-up for hitting great serves.

mmuubb
09-29-2007, 12:44 AM
I came back to HM100g's, wrom mfils 200-great to have this serve, precision and feel back:)

lioneldude
09-29-2007, 03:37 AM
Hi Breakpoint,

Just can't beat the K90 for solidity, placement and hitting a heavy ball. As Granville said in the review, it is like having the biggest weapon on court. Ultimately I just feel more confident wielding a racket that will handle about anything thrown at it (or hit!). No problem with headsize. BTW, I did get an AK90 which is a very sweet racket. Not stable enough though. I found myself having to put more energy into holding the racket more tightly to keep it from being knocked around. US K90 no worries, just stick it out there (it's so nice out I think I'll leave it out :) ) and the racket will do the rest of the work - just fantastic! So I am finally a devotee and (for now) my racquoholic days are over, at last!

Long live the 90's.

Is the US version more stable than the Asian version of K90? I'm using the Asian version and i do find that on off-center hits, i lose control of the racket such that the racket position changes in my hand i.e. twists in my hand.

0d1n
09-29-2007, 03:55 AM
Is the US version more stable than the Asian version of K90? I'm using the Asian version and i do find that on off-center hits, i lose control of the racket such that the racket position changes in my hand i.e. twists in my hand.

ANY racket with roughly the same design who is a full 20 grams heavier than a second one will be a bit more stable. But you WILL feel 20 grams more weight in a 4-5 set match (even a tough 3 set one I would say ...).
It's all about trade offs I'm afraid ... ;).

Dumbledore
10-01-2007, 09:47 AM
Hi,please count me in da club. After trying in everyway to like a MP I fell in love with Head LM Prestige mid. I've customized it with some lead in the handle and don't know why but I can generate more power and spin than my previous M1 Pro 98

smittysan89
10-01-2007, 12:49 PM
For me using a mid is even somewhat mental. Just by holding a mid in my hand I feel like I have more control. As someone else stated "I would rather use a spoon than a shovel". I just feel that I can much easier hit those angles and passing shots with so much more precision. With a smaller head its almost like an extension of your arm.

Syfo-Dias
10-01-2007, 02:27 PM
RDX-500 Mid here. Am I in the club?

BreakPoint
10-01-2007, 02:39 PM
RDX-500 Mid here. Am I in the club?
Yes, most definitely in. :D

herosol
10-01-2007, 03:19 PM
yo. add me.

k90. ftw

oh yea have teh RDS 001 Mid too :D

leonardtay
10-01-2007, 03:31 PM
Have the following racquets:
1. 2 x US spec K90s
2. 1 x Asian spec K90
3. 1 x POG
4. 1 x PS85 SV

Mainly use the US spec K90 strung with Lux BB AP Ruff in the mains (56 ) and K Gut Pro in the Xs (58 ) Stringing the second US K90 with KGut Pro in the mains (58 ), Lux BB AP Ruff in the Xs (55)
Asian spec K90 is for days when the extra heft of the US K90 gets to be a bit too much.
POG is for when I am just knocking around for fun
SV is hardly used for playing, just sometimes when I crave some butter and toast!

In D Zone
10-01-2007, 06:25 PM
MID Racquets:
- 2 x Yonex Mp Tour 1
- Yonex RDS 001
- Yonex RDX500
- POG
- Prince Graphite Comp (90)
- Prince NXG
- Head FLXPT Prestige

On the way..
- Yonex RA 3000 Pro (Japanese Version; US version is the Super RD Tour)

The Topspin Man
10-02-2007, 02:41 AM
hey in da zone

want to sell me your rds001

how come nobody ever wants to sell it =(

AceofBase
10-02-2007, 05:00 AM
To me, it just make me push harder and play the best out of me to have fun. Since i have a Yonex RDX500 midsize and a strange racket called "Esquire" that seem to a midsize too and not only that my super duper woodie racket the "Slanzger Victory" racket. I play to test my skill against other people with these small size racket, but with the other racket i have that are bigger are what i play best in and with these small racket its just fun to test out the best in you.

Bubba
10-02-2007, 05:05 AM
My 90 [and under] Stash...
5 K90's (US)
2 Tour 90's (US)
5 PS85's (2 St. Vincent, 1 Chicago, 2 China)
1 POG

psamp14
10-02-2007, 07:46 PM
add me to the club.............

2 ncode 90's....

smittysan89
10-02-2007, 07:52 PM
Just got some i.Prestige mids.

In D Zone
10-03-2007, 11:53 AM
hey in da zone

want to sell me your rds001

how come nobody ever wants to sell it =(

SORRY MAN! I got only one RDS001 mid - not parting with it any time soon.

Try checking the classified in TW or at the online auction site.

joe1987
10-03-2007, 07:07 PM
2 x Asian N90
54-52lbs and 56-54lbs with crossfire18.

I would prefer if I could use a poly hybrid but I go through them in 3hrs. So I would have to get more rackets and earn more $.

saram
10-03-2007, 07:14 PM
It is so nice to see so many guys (and gals?) using mids out there....just lovely to see eight pages of mid talk/gossip....

A mid is so....well....ZEN.

z-money
10-03-2007, 09:30 PM
I got a half dozen PC 600s they are 89.5 does that count?

timokabo
10-04-2007, 07:11 AM
i use my asian prostaff tour 90's when i am going against 3.0-4.0 players and when i go againt the 4.5+ players ill use my yonex super rd tour 90's until the 15 oz weight get to me thus switching back to the asian ps 90's

dr_punk
10-04-2007, 07:20 AM
how about 85?

AlpineCadet
10-04-2007, 07:29 AM
how about 85?The title of this thread obviously says "~~~~~ The 90 Sq. In. Club ~~~~~ (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?p=1790921#post1790921)" doesn't it?

Automatix
10-05-2007, 10:33 AM
Hey BP how would you compare the RDX 500 Mid to the RDS 001 Mid?

BreakPoint
10-05-2007, 10:37 AM
Hey BP how would you compare the RDX 500 Mid to the RDS 001 Mid?
Here you go: http://www.tennis-warehouse.com/playtests/BREAKP06.html

Personally, I prefer the RDX 500 Mid a bit more because of its buttery feel.

Automatix
10-05-2007, 10:47 AM
Okey sorry... I honestly don't how could I miss the comparison in your review... I've read it 5 times! And yet I somehow managed to skip the I prefer the RDX 500 Mid part...

timokabo
10-05-2007, 06:28 PM
i am shocked i am the only person here using the yonex super rd's. are they like imposible to find or something?

In D Zone
10-05-2007, 08:38 PM
i am shocked i am the only person here using the yonex super rd's. are they like imposible to find or something?

Suoer RD tour hard to find- I believed so. If you find one they are normally pretty beaten up, or its pretty pricey. I managed picked up a RA 300 Pro Mid this week. It's the Japanese version of the Super RD tour. The RA is in decent shape except the grommet needs to be replaced. Again, the grommet for Super RD are hard to find as well. I did found one from another site; they wanted me to pay a premium for it. I spoke with TW, they said may be I can use other Yonex mid with similar string pattern to replace

I checked the RDX 500 mid ; RDS001 Mid and the Mp Tour 1 Mids grommets. So far I think the RDX500 is the closes match. I ordered a set from TW, hopefully it will fit so I can try playing with the RA 3000.

How does the SRD play compare to the MP Tour 1?

herosol
10-05-2007, 08:53 PM
haha. many i love you guys. 90s PLEASE!!!

k90 and black Pete Sampras Damp= Win+God

Lakoste
10-06-2007, 11:12 AM
... Cayman TNT-90...

Pretty sure the Cayman has an 85 sq. in. head size.

snoflewis
10-06-2007, 01:22 PM

yeah...that's what i thought. same mold as the 6.0 85, just called a tnt-90.

EliteNinja
10-06-2007, 01:43 PM
(RDX500 mid + RDS001 mid) / 2 racquets = 90 sq. in.
:)

BreakPoint
10-06-2007, 04:26 PM

yeah...that's what i thought. same mold as the 6.0 85, just called a tnt-90.
Well, if that's true then exclusive users of the Cayman TNT-90 cannot join this club since it's only for users of 90's. I think that eliminates like one guy. ;) :-(

timokabo
10-07-2007, 02:56 PM
Suoer RD tour hard to find- I believed so. If you find one they are normally pretty beaten up, or its pretty pricey. I managed picked up a RA 300 Pro Mid this week. It's the Japanese version of the Super RD tour. The RA is in decent shape except the grommet needs to be replaced. Again, the grommet for Super RD are hard to find as well. I did found one from another site; they wanted me to pay a premium for it. I spoke with TW, they said may be I can use other Yonex mid with similar string pattern to replace

I checked the RDX 500 mid ; RDS001 Mid and the Mp Tour 1 Mids grommets. So far I think the RDX500 is the closes match. I ordered a set from TW, hopefully it will fit so I can try playing with the RA 3000.

imo i like the srd tour 90 more because it is more stable for me. it also gets some wicked power for a 90 inch frame. they are also beasts on serves.if you like the newer yonex 90's you will be amazed by the srd. hewit also still uses the srd but its painted with the newest models paintjob. i have six srd's now since i just got 3 almost brand new ones a couplde of days ago for $140

timokabo
10-07-2007, 02:58 PM

also if i remeber the srd is about .75-1 oz heavier than the mp-1

Crisp
10-07-2007, 03:00 PM
i use the ncode sixone tour90 have three of them hoping to upgrade to the (K) Factor very soon. Currently using Technifibre Pro Red Code with Babolat VS Natural gut all strung on my own TST Precision 700 Stringing machine @ 62lbs. I like to do the work myself.

BounceHitBounceHit
10-07-2007, 03:37 PM
Well, if that's true then exclusive users of the Cayman TNT-90 cannot join this club since it's only for users of 90's. I think that eliminates like one guy. ;) :-(

What if you USUALLY play a 90si frame, but 'dabble' with an 85si TNT on the weekends, just for fun? ;) CC

J011yroger
10-07-2007, 03:42 PM
What if you USUALLY play a 90si frame, but 'dabble' with an 85si TNT on the weekends, just for fun? ;) CC

Well the fine is $5 per set played with the 85. But you don't have to worry about your membership being revoked, we are just in it for the girls and the money.

J

BounceHitBounceHit
10-07-2007, 03:45 PM
Wilson Asian K90 12.3 oz, 4pts HL, 335 SW.
Wilson US K90, 12.4 oz, 5pts HL, 335 SW.

:)

CC

J011yroger
10-07-2007, 04:04 PM
Just flexed out one of my N90s today. DYING to put it on an RDC and see what the flex is. I hit with it as long as I could but every time I laid into a forehand it felt like it was gonna snap in half just above the grip.

J

BounceHitBounceHit
10-07-2007, 05:14 PM
Just flexed out one of my N90s today. DYING to put it on an RDC and see what the flex is. I hit with it as long as I could but every time I laid into a forehand it felt like it was gonna snap in half just above the grip.

J

Just curious-how long have you been playing that frame? Some of my older PS 6.0 95 'Euro' Tours have begun to feel a bit 'spongy to me as well. :) CC

J011yroger
10-07-2007, 05:21 PM
Just curious-how long have you been playing that frame? Some of my older PS 6.0 95 'Euro' Tours have begun to feel a bit 'spongy to me as well. :) CC

I would have to look at the frame itself to see what the date is, but I would guess close to 2 years in an around 12 racquet rotation. Most of them are getting soft, which is why I am gonna switch to the K in Jan.

But this one was totally shot, felt okish last time I hit it, but this time it was just whupped. Literally felt it bend back and forth after every hard hit. Felt like it was gonna snap off just above the grip.

J

BreakPoint
10-07-2007, 05:54 PM
Don't worry, Craig, you're still in. ;)

As long as your "primary" racquet is a 90, you qualify. :-D

movdqa
10-07-2007, 06:04 PM
I'm predominately flat, too. :D

I've been migrating to a semiwestern grip on the K90 and am starting to get comfortable with it so I went from mostly flat to hitting with more punkish strokes.

I'm going with lower tension next string job. The strings I have feel nice when they're just about to break which means that I strung them too tight. Hard to believe that I'm going with the low 50s when my Redondos are low 60s. But that's for a flat game.

BounceHitBounceHit
10-07-2007, 06:09 PM
I've been migrating to a semiwestern grip on the K90 and am starting to get comfortable with it so I went from mostly flat to hitting with more punkish strokes.

I'm going with lower tension next string job. The strings I have feel nice when they're just about to break which means that I strung them too tight. Hard to believe that I'm going with the low 50s when my Redondos are low 60s. But that's for a flat game.

I think a number of players who use polys end up 'migrating downwards' when it comes to tension. They just seem to play better when strung more loosely. ;) CC

J011yroger
10-07-2007, 06:31 PM
I think a number of players who use polys end up 'migrating downwards' when it comes to tension. They just seem to play better when strung more loosely. ;) CC

I daresay it is a trend across the board. CC you would know better than I, but 15 years ago I wouldn't think any eyebrows would have been raised if you said you strung at 65lbs. I mean I remember stringing at almost 70 usually around 67,68 and that wasn't too long ago.

I really think that in the last 5 or so years people across the board have been dropping tension. Maybe it started with the poly, but even people with non poly are dropping. Maybe it is to keep up with the poly users.

J

Mick
10-07-2007, 06:57 PM
I strung my adidas lendl gtx mid-t at 50 lbs.
Can I drop the tension even lower ? 50 lbs seems alright.

BounceHitBounceHit
10-07-2007, 07:07 PM
I daresay it is a trend across the board. CC you would know better than I, but 15 years ago I wouldn't think any eyebrows would have been raised if you said you strung at 65lbs. I mean I remember stringing at almost 70 usually around 67,68 and that wasn't too long ago.

I really think that in the last 5 or sYeyears people across the board have been dropping tension. Maybe it started with the poly, but even people with non poly are dropping. Maybe it is to keep up with the poly users.

J

Tim and I were just discussing this issue earlier today, and I think you are right. String tension has gradually decreased, despite the advent of larger headed frames. Tim, for example, has gradually lowered his tension from 63'ish to 59'ish. Or course Tim plays a Granny Stick, so what does that mean? ;) (sorry pal, couldn't resist).

I, on the other hand, still prefer 'em nice and tight! ;) I've stuck w/ the "Mojo" rig w/ the mains at 60 and crosses at 63. Any lower and I don't get the same kind of control (and spin?) to which I have grown so accustomed. ;)

Please excuse me now, I am due in San Luis Obispo for my induction into The TTW Hall of Fame!! :)

Best,

CC

BounceHitBounceHit
10-07-2007, 07:09 PM
Don't worry, Craig, you're still in. ;)

As long as your "primary" racquet is a 90, you qualify. :-D

OK, so I am still good. Thank HEAVENS!! ;) CC

BreakPoint
10-07-2007, 07:17 PM
Please excuse me now, I am due in San Luis Obispo for my induction into The TTW Hall of Fame!! :)

Best,

CC

Ah-ha!!! No wonder! That explains your "tsunami" of posts tonight, Craig!

Congrats on making the HOF! :D And please try and control your sobbing during your induction speech (a la Sampras). ;)

BounceHitBounceHit
10-07-2007, 07:19 PM
Congrats on making the HOF! :D And please try and control your sobbing during your induction speech (a la Sampras). ;)

I will do my best to honor my honest emotions, but still remain dignified. ;) Thanks for the props, BP! :) CC

Tour 90
10-07-2007, 09:21 PM
I use lm prestige mids and used to play with t90/n90, can I join?

BreakPoint
10-07-2007, 11:33 PM
I use lm prestige mids and used to play with t90/n90, can I join?
Sure. Welcome! :D

Automatix
10-08-2007, 06:38 AM
Hey Armand am I correct by saying that you bought the RQiS Tour-1 recently? :)

If so could compare the RQiS Tour-1 to the RDS 001 Mid and RDX 500 Mid?

In D Zone
10-09-2007, 10:51 AM
also if i remeber the srd is about .75-1 oz heavier than the mp-1

Timokabo,

Have you replaced the grommet for the SRD 90? THe RDX500 mid does not fit. The Mp Tour 1 grommet would work - I was able to use the buttom part (throat) grommets of the MP Tour 1 to the RA3000. The rest of the grommet seems to fit on the RA3000 (don't have the replace the rest).
Thought you might want to stock some spare grommet just in case you need it later.

Took the RA3000 to the pro shop to have it strung,it should be done by tomorrow. Can't wait to play with it.

armand
10-09-2007, 11:23 AM
Hey Armand am I correct by saying that you bought the RQiS Tour-1 recently? :)

If so could compare the RQiS Tour-1 to the RDS 001 Mid and RDX 500 Mid?no you're not correct...I wish you were though. http://gfx1.mail.live.com/mail/w1/emoticons/smile_sad.gif

Looks like a very nice racquet though. But 3 things turn me away: the flex, the frame width and the 3rd being the 001 Mid is an amazing, awesome racquet that imho is the modern successor to the PS85

timokabo
10-09-2007, 01:49 PM
Timokabo,

Have you replaced the grommet for the SRD 90? THe RDX500 mid does not fit. The Mp Tour 1 grommet would work - I was able to use the buttom part (throat) grommets of the MP Tour 1 to the RA3000. The rest of the grommet seems to fit on the RA3000 (don't have the replace the rest).
Thought you might want to stock some spare grommet just in case you need it later.

Took the RA3000 to the pro shop to have it strung,it should be done by tomorrow. Can't wait to play with it.

does the ra 3000 look the same as the srd 90. i also have a decent amount of extra grommets because the tennis shop by my house stock a ton of older players racquets and also grommets. they also had a ton of unused fairway grips until i bought them out of them for $5 bucks a pop. also if you dont mind what is your sting set up for the ra 3000?

leonardtay
10-09-2007, 01:52 PM
does the ra 3000 look the same as the srd 90. i also have a decent amount of extra grommets because the tennis shop by my house stock a ton of older players racquets and also grommets. they also had a ton of unused fairway grips until i bought them out of them for $5 bucks a pop. also if you dont mind what is your sting set up for the ra 3000?

Does that mean you are able to get some fairway grips even now? What about bumperless grommets for the PS 85 Saint Vincent? If so pls message me. Thanks.

drakulie
10-09-2007, 02:59 PM
What about bumperless grommets for the PS 85 Saint Vincent? If so pls message me. Thanks.

Good luck with those. If you do find them, let us know.

The following thread has a few pictures posted of the bumperless grommets in the bag.

http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=133641&highlight=bumperless+grommets

aqgardezi
10-09-2007, 03:01 PM
Hi folks,

Register me in. I have pair od wilson prostaff 6.0 85 original n pair of wilson k90 tour. I played with many bigger heads but in the end I come to conclusion that smaller heads are better.

In D Zone
10-09-2007, 07:15 PM

I believe it looks the same - paint color, I will take a pic when I get the racquet back tomorrow. I asked the pro shop if they can help me find the grommet (SRD), they called back and said that their supplier have it so I ordered 2 sets.
I strung the RA 3000 with hybrid string - Prince Tournament Poly (M) @ 56lbs 17g ; Prince Synth w/ Duratec (X) @58 lbs 16g. I keep all tension the same to all of my racquets (mid or mid +).

if you don't mind - What's the name of the pro shop where u got grommet? I am also looking for other yonex grommets for RD Ti 70 Long and RD Power 10 Long.

timokabo
10-10-2007, 04:08 AM
I believe it looks the same - paint color, I will take a pic when I get the racquet back tomorrow. I asked the pro shop if they can help me find the grommet (SRD), they called back and said that their supplier have it so I ordered 2 sets.
I strung the RA 3000 with hybrid string - Prince Tournament Poly (M) @ 56lbs 17g ; Prince Synth w/ Duratec (X) @58 lbs 16g. I keep all tension the same to all of my racquets (mid or mid +).

if you don't mind - What's the name of the pro shop where u got grommet? I am also looking for other yonex grommets for Ti 70 Long and RD Power 10 Long.

ill go check by the shope to see if they have those grommets for you on the way home from work. thats a pretty good string setup you have and i also only stick with one string set up for all my racquets.i dont feel like metioning the name of the shop right now because tons of people would be callling the place from here because they are the only place i know of in the us that still have new pc600's and trysys. have fun hitting with the ra

In D Zone
10-10-2007, 07:28 AM
ill go check by the shope to see if they have those grommets for you on the way home from work. thats a pretty good string setup you have and i also only stick with one string set up for all my racquets.i dont feel like metioning the name of the shop right now because tons of people would be callling the place from here because they are the only place i know of in the us that still have new pc600's and trysys. have fun hitting with the ra

forgot to mention you can just email the info to me so not to give the word out - which i will keep it as a secret (nwconnecxion@yahoo.com).

what's your set up on the SRD? I like the hybrid feel, it offers the best of both world. Power on the main and spin on the cross. You might want to consider trying it out (be sure to string the poly 5% (main) tension lower than the cross). Another string set up I do is with Pro Supex (primier ace - main) and (Synth Spiral Flex - cross).

Thanks Timokabo

timokabo
10-10-2007, 08:36 AM
forgot to mention you can just email the info to me so not to give the word out - which i will keep it as a secret (nwconnecxion@yahoo.com).

what's your set up on the SRD? I like the hybrid feel, it offers the best of both world. Power on the main and spin on the cross. You might want to consider trying it out (be sure to string the poly 5% (main) tension lower than the cross). Another string set up I do is with Pro Supex (primier ace - main) and (Synth Spiral Flex - cross).

Thanks Timokabo

my primary string set up is babolat tonic ballfeel gut (56 lb) mains and weisscannon scorpion poly (55lb) in the crosses. it took a while for me to get used to but i can never go back to my old setup.

elbuzzard_lives
10-10-2007, 09:03 AM
anybody played with it? can you compare it to the 95...im looking for one. i have heard of it but it seems to be a very rare frame these days.

In D Zone
10-11-2007, 07:40 AM
does the ra 3000 look the same as the srd 90. .....

Timokabo - here's RA3000 Pro Mid
I have not seen the SRD Tour in person (only pics). Does the RA look similar at all to SRD?

http://img267.imageshack.us/img267/1949/img1097wj0.jpg (http://imageshack.us)
Grey color on top of the head is just a tape
http://img527.imageshack.us/img527/8518/img1100ug3.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

Side by side with MP Tour 1 Mid
http://img267.imageshack.us/img267/4505/img1096ew4.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

timokabo
10-11-2007, 01:48 PM
Timokabo - here's RA3000 Pro Mid
I have not seen the SRD Tour in person (only pics). Does the RA look similar at all to SRD?

http://img267.imageshack.us/img267/1949/img1097wj0.jpg (http://imageshack.us)
Grey color on top of the head is just a tape
http://img527.imageshack.us/img527/8518/img1100ug3.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

Side by side with MP Tour 1 Mid
http://img267.imageshack.us/img267/4505/img1096ew4.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

from the angle of those pics it looks dead on to the srd. have you had an opprotunity to hit with it yet.

In D Zone
10-11-2007, 07:41 PM
from the angle of those pics it looks dead on to the srd. have you had an opprotunity to hit with it yet.

YEAp! took the RA3000 for a spin today with my drill partner. Felt a little under power at first as I was expecting it to be like the MP Tour 1. Couple of minutes into the drill I finally found my groove. I decided to speed up my stroke, add a little more steps to my foot work so I can move forward into the ball which add umph to my forehand and backhand (1bh).

I thought I would not be able to keep up with my buddy (rated 4.5) because of the new racquet, I was wrong. We went for it, I was able to move him left to right then pinning him on the side before finishing him off with a winner to the open court.

RA 3000 is pretty stable, I returned several balls to my backhand on a dead run. I was also returning my partners serve; he's practicing serve and volley. Very manueverable especially on the passing shots - I was whipping winners; making sure I hit the ball clean just right above the net.

Serve - somehow the RA3000 felt lighter to me. My partner is an excellent returner, I cannot afford to let him have the upper hand - he chewed me up on first couple of serve. I decided I better go my serves, I was able to generate a faster swing on my flat serve with pin point accurary; aced my buddy more than a twice on each side. Topspin and Kick were just as impressive.

Overall I was very impressive with it. I can see why you own 6 of them (Super RD).

AND Thanks for verifying (RA3000 and SRD are the same)

In D Zone
10-12-2007, 08:12 AM
Timokabo,
Do you what year did the SRD came out? I did some research and found that RA300 came out in 1994 in Japan.

I know the SRD swing weight is 327 gram; 9.6 head light, static weight is around 12.5 oz. Do you know the flex rating for it? (cannot seem to find it).

timokabo
10-12-2007, 11:43 AM
Timokabo,
Do you what year did the SRD came out? I did some research and found that RA300 came out in 1994 in Japan.

I know the SRD swing weight is 327 gram; 9.6 head light, static weight is around 12.5 oz. Do you know the flex rating for it? (cannot seem to find it).

the srd probably came out at the smae time since they dicontinued makeing them in 1997. i know with the srd that the grip size had a big difference on the weight of the frame. mine weigh almost 15 oz since i put fairway gripds and some lead on them. ill pull out my racquets in a few to check if it states the flex rating on them.

drakulie
10-12-2007, 03:07 PM
I tried out the prestige flex point mid the other day. To my surprise, I really liked it. A lot of reviews on this board were really down on it. I loved the stiffness and "boardy" feel it has. Feels like it has more pop than it's predecssors too. However, I still favor the overall feel and performance of the pc600.

But alas, nothing compares to the K90. Still loving it. :)

In D Zone
10-12-2007, 07:21 PM
the srd probably came out at the smae time since they dicontinued makeing them in 1997. .............. ill pull out my racquets in a few to check if it states the flex rating on them.

Timokabo,

Found a link that will help you find spec of almost any racquet.

http://www.tennis.com/yourgame/gear/racquetfinder/index.html

simply follow the instruction...

SRD Tour Mid flex rating is 62 which is tad flex to mp tour 1 (64)

Thank you again for your help earlier!

timokabo
10-13-2007, 10:30 AM
Timokabo,

thak you for the nice site link. and no problem helping you out because that srd need to find a good home.

timokabo
10-13-2007, 10:33 AM
Timokabo,

wow that site is good. i never thought it would have info on my old Prince Precision Approach Titanium MP's

Rulo
10-14-2007, 05:54 AM
I own 2 Head Prestige Classic 600....
Am I in???? ;)

BreakPoint
10-14-2007, 10:55 AM
I own 2 Head Prestige Classic 600....
Am I in???? ;)
Yup, you sure are. :D

armand
10-14-2007, 01:55 PM
I did some careful calculation and found out that my Yonex 001's are 91sq" or a bit more.

I'm outta this klub. Bye everybody

Hey does anyone know if there's a 91sq" club?

smirker
10-14-2007, 02:27 PM
Pro Kennex Copper Ace which is at least 15 years old. So old in fact that I could not find specs on the racket finder thing. It is 90sq" though so I guess I qualify although I haven't hit with it since I was a junior. LOL that I was swinging a 90" 350g frame when I was 14. Might struggle now!

hyperwarrior
10-15-2007, 05:11 PM
http://i22.tinypic.com/344qd6o.jpg

In D Zone
10-18-2007, 11:44 AM
Time to bring out your "Mid" Sized racquet collection.... woody, graphite, kevlar, aluminum. (any racquet smaller than a 95 sq inch)

Please post only photos of MID SIZED racquets only.
Tell us the brand and model of your prized possessions.

Started a new thread > time to showcase your collection

http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?p=1817807#post1817807

Glorious
10-18-2007, 11:50 AM
Sign me up for this club! 1 k90!

hyogen
10-18-2007, 12:31 PM
let me ask you all this.....does having this small sized head...90 or say a 93 (MID prestige)...make it worse on your tennis elbow than say a midplus or oversize?

I would imagine if you aren't as precise and hit the sweet spot every time the torque and shock will affect your elbow more--even if it's a "flexible" racquet frame.

In D Zone
10-18-2007, 12:48 PM
let me ask you all this.....does having this small sized head...90 or say a 93 (MID prestige)...make it worse on your tennis elbow than say a midplus or oversize?

I would imagine if you aren't as precise and hit the sweet spot every time the torque and shock will affect your elbow more--even if it's a "flexible" racquet frame.

I cannot speak for others. Not for me! This is what I noticed when you play a mid size vs other sizes. You really have to depend on yourself (strokes and technique) not your racquet when you hit the ball (since the head size is smaller and racquet has less power) you will quickly learn not to use your wrist at all but rather swing through the ball with your hip, shoulder and footwork which to me to be technically sound.

Most mid size racquet are 12 oz or heavier, the mass of frame helps to absorb most to the shock that is why you hear guys talking about heavier racquet offer more stablity than teener racquets. The vibration part or the shock of the impact is mostly has to do with the string tension.

I remembered I used to have elbow problem when I was playing a midplus and OS racquet - that was before I switched to midsize.

hyogen
10-18-2007, 01:23 PM
wow very interesting... I am more willing to try out the brand new i.prestige MId XL (93) when I get it from the guy i bought it from in Germany. it's been like 3 weeks now :(

In D Zone
10-18-2007, 09:00 PM
thak you for the nice site link. and no problem helping you out because that srd need to find a good home.

Timokabo,
Received delivery of the SRD mid yesterday. Racquet is in super prestine condition - head was perfect, only had to remove a small piece of left over lead. The grip was still in good condition but it was wrapped incorrectly, overlapped too closed; I managed to peeled the grip without damaging it and rewrapped the grip. Cleaned it up and taped the head.
String is still tight and in good condition (Luxilon BB Ace 56 lbs).

Took the SRD mid out today. Played with my son in-door. Man, the SRD rock! This is my first time playing with Luxilon string, I am very impressed. I searched TW and found that Ace came in 18 g. I must tell u the amount of spin I can generate is heavier than the hybrid. However, I found the SRD to be a bit lighter than the RA3000, maybe because the SRD grip is 1/4 compared to the RA at 3/4. And the Ace plays much softer and still has great control. Overall I am very pleased with the SRD, and I can see why you remained faithful with the SRD.

hyogen
10-18-2007, 09:55 PM
I cannot speak for others. Not for me! This is what I noticed when you play a mid size vs other sizes. You really have to depend on yourself (strokes and technique) not your racquet when you hit the ball (since the head size is smaller and racquet has less power) you will quickly learn not to use your wrist at all but rather swing through the ball with your hip, shoulder and footwork which to me to be technically sound.

Most mid size racquet are 12 oz or heavier, the mass of frame helps to absorb most to the shock that is why you hear guys talking about heavier racquet offer more stablity than teener racquets. The vibration part or the shock of the impact is mostly has to do with the string tension.

I remembered I used to have elbow problem when I was playing a midplus and OS racquet - that was before I switched to midsize.

anyone feel the same way? smaller headsize actually better for elbow?!

timokabo
11-17-2007, 04:43 PM
Timokabo,
Received delivery of the SRD mid yesterday. Racquet is in super prestine condition - head was perfect, only had to remove a small piece of left over lead. The grip was still in good condition but it was wrapped incorrectly, overlapped too closed; I managed to peeled the grip without damaging it and rewrapped the grip. Cleaned it up and taped the head.
String is still tight and in good condition (Luxilon BB Ace 56 lbs).

Took the SRD mid out today. Played with my son in-door. Man, the SRD rock! This is my first time playing with Luxilon string, I am very impressed. I searched TW and found that Ace came in 18 g. I must tell u the amount of spin I can generate is heavier than the hybrid. However, I found the SRD to be a bit lighter than the RA3000, maybe because the SRD grip is 1/4 compared to the RA at 3/4. And the Ace plays much softer and still has great control. Overall I am very pleased with the SRD, and I can see why you remained faithful with the SRD.

i am glad you liked it. older yonex players racquets had different weights for each grip size. do you know of a string that offers sick spin potential becasue i am thinking of sick things i can do with my 1500's

Tennis-Chris
11-17-2007, 05:11 PM
I truly enjoy playing with this racquet. Pinpoint accuracy with the pace I can generate makes it a really great stick for me. I have four I play with and I am purchasing four more before they become unobtainable. I am toying with the strings right now but I have been using Babolat VS 17 in the mains and Lux ALU in the crosses. Trying the Babolat Pro Hurricane in the crosses instead of the Lux ALU. So far I like it.:D

J011yroger
11-17-2007, 06:13 PM
^^^^ If you are 5/8 grip I'll soon have 17 for sale

J

bubbatex
11-17-2007, 06:45 PM
^^^^ If you are 5/8 grip I'll soon have 17 for sale

J

I do not have a photogenic memory nor do I want to search forever. Though I think you mentioned it elsewhere - what are you thinking of moving too?

Umpire
11-17-2007, 09:36 PM
Can i join? I use a K90 and it feels so good when hit on the sweetspot. I strung it with full SPPP.

herosol
11-18-2007, 07:44 AM
90 inches are god!
but i don't like my k90 anymore though :\

rds001 ftw gg kthxbai!!

:D

lukarf
12-03-2007, 11:09 AM
Sign me in!! Just got my brand new K90!

In D Zone
12-03-2007, 11:33 AM
Added Yonex RD Ti70 88 to my collection!

VanGuy10
12-03-2007, 12:17 PM
Hey, does anybody know about the older Pro Kennex midsize rackets?? The reason I ask, is becuase i've never compared the headsize to any real 90 in frame. If the cayman tnt-90 isn't indeed 90 sq in, then is my graphite lazer 90 from PK also not 90 sq in?? I've hit with the K90s and the AK90s before, and found them to be a bit lighter than my normal sticks, but never compared them side by side. I was suprised to find that the TNT90 wasn't 90sq in haha :-)

Anyways, I'd like to join. My main sticks are now 4 Graphite Dominators, black and blue color combinations. I think they look pretty good, even for rackets that were made in the 1980s. Do people post pics on this thread?? would like some opinions.

Basically I think i'm hitting with 90 sq in frames... but just never checked, always thought they were 90 sq in from the name (I have more than a few with 90 in the names). So if anyone can verify for me, that'd be wonderful. But would still like to join, cause this is a very fun, light hearted but informative thread. :-)

In D Zone
12-03-2007, 12:39 PM
Hey, does anybody know about the older Pro Kennex midsize rackets?? The reason I ask, is becuase i've never compared the headsize to any real 90 in frame. .....

Anyways, I'd like to join. My main sticks are now 4 Graphite Dominators, black and blue color combinations. I think they look pretty good, even for rackets that were made in the 1980s. Do people post pics on this thread?? would like some opinions.
:-)

You can post pics of your mids here >>>

http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?p=1817807#post1817807

Lendl
12-03-2007, 03:30 PM
Switched to the K90 recently. Likely a member for some time!

KayaTennis
12-04-2007, 08:04 AM
Yonex RDS 001 - 4 1/2
Babolat Duralast 58 lbs.
No syn. grip - 2 overgrips only

abrahavt
12-04-2007, 08:31 AM
Asian K90 - 4 3/8
Gut mains at 57 lbs, Poly crosses at 54 lbs
Yonex overgrip

Loving it and likely to stick with it for awhile.

abdhanu
12-05-2007, 09:08 AM
add me in..using K90 for almost couple of months..switched from N6.1, love the control and power..strung with KLIP around 55-57lbs..

veryfatchocobo
12-05-2007, 06:38 PM
Add me in, please. Just got a K90 weeks ago.

MrAWD
12-05-2007, 07:04 PM
Well, I am playing with the Redondo Mid and I did hit with nC90 once! But, I stayed in the Holiday Inn last night!!

Should this be enough for the club?

Fedja

BreakPoint
12-05-2007, 08:35 PM
Well, I am playing with the Redondo Mid and I did hit with nC90 once! But, I stayed in the Holiday Inn last night!!

Should this be enough for the club?

Fedja
Yes, because the Redondo Mid is actually only 90 sq. in. :)

VikingSamurai
12-06-2007, 02:50 AM
These are my latest sticks.. And don't know why I didn't get to them sooner.. Wilson and Puma all my life and experimented with everything in the last 18 months.. But now a Head convert.. I went from 85 inch Wilson's, to 92 inch Puma's to 90 inch Wilson's, to 95 inch Princes, to 98 inch Dunlop's, to 95 inch Dunlop's and back to an 89.5 inch Head LM Prestige mid.. And cant wait for the MG Prestige mid to be released.. Or if anyone has they want to part with I am all ears..

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v636/AusLexJapan/PC060254.jpg

nickb
12-06-2007, 12:31 PM
After using mids for 2 years (N90/K90/PS85) I switched to a MP this year and planned never to go back...this week I have been hitting with the Yonex RDX500 Mid and well im hooked on the racket.....pure BUTTER! At first it felt too flexy but after a day everything clicked....good serves, amazing slice, solid at net, great from the baseline and super comfortable. My god ive missed hitting my 1HBH with a mid!

Can I join? :)

Nick

MrAWD
12-06-2007, 01:30 PM
I am caring Redondo MP in my bag as well, but that 1HBH is the main reason why I am sticking with the Mid. I might even play better with the MP since it is definitely easier to use, but that feel from the backhand is just too nice to let go! :)

Fedja

J011yroger
12-06-2007, 02:06 PM
After using mids for 2 years (N90/K90/PS85) I switched to a MP this year and planned never to go back...this week I have been hitting with the Yonex RDX500 Mid and well im hooked on the racket.....pure BUTTER! At first it felt too flexy but after a day everything clicked....good serves, amazing slice, solid at net, great from the baseline and super comfortable. My god ive missed hitting my 1HBH with a mid!

Nick

Yes, but we are throwing you out in 2 weeks when you decide the RDX500 is too underpowered, and your serve just doesn't have that same sting on it.

J

J011yroger
12-08-2007, 04:57 AM
These are my latest sticks.. And don't know why I didn't get to them sooner.. Wilson and Puma all my life and experimented with everything in the last 18 months.. But now a Head convert.. I went from 85 inch Wilson's, to 92 inch Puma's to 90 inch Wilson's, to 95 inch Princes, to 98 inch Dunlop's, to 95 inch Dunlop's and back to an 89.5 inch Head LM Prestige mid.. And cant wait for the MG Prestige mid to be released.. Or if anyone has they want to part with I am all ears..

I've only hit with the microgel MP, not the mid. (Much to my dissapointment.) It was wierd...I liked the LM version better. Liked the LM mid better than the Flex Point Mid aswell.

What is the string stencil? Never have seen that brand.

J

Bubba
12-08-2007, 07:16 AM

Nick

Ah, Nick... what's in the bag now? :)

Bubba
12-08-2007, 07:18 AM
Yes, but we are throwing you out in 2 weeks when you decide the RDX500 is too underpowered, and your serve just doesn't have that same sting on it.

J

Mindreader, he he.... ask Nick the latest! Can you say nCode95?

nickb
12-08-2007, 07:25 AM
hahaha...the RDX lasted 3 days....:)

J011yroger
12-08-2007, 10:36 AM
Mindreader, he he.... ask Nick the latest! Can you say nCode95?

Back to the 18X20 huh?

J

J011yroger
12-08-2007, 10:37 AM
hahaha...the RDX lasted 3 days....:)

Oh yea, and was I right about the fischers?

J

nickb
12-08-2007, 10:46 AM
No im using the 16*18...yes you were right about the Fischers (also hated the grip shape) :( LOL

J011yroger
12-08-2007, 10:57 AM
You know what you need to do?

try the K Blade Tour.

It could possibly be the worst racquet I have ever hit with in my life.

I can't imagine a single person on earth that could play a reasonable standard of tennis with it and enjoy it.

Since you have tried every great racquet that everyone else likes and said "No Thanks" maybe this ugly duckling will be your holy grail :)

J

nickb
12-08-2007, 11:06 AM
haha...when I first read the specs I knew it would hit like crap just like the PS ROK...the specs are a disgrace :)

I find the prestige mids and volkl ve mid very low powered....the k blade tour must be something else!

Have you hit the ROK before? :?

Also have you told wilson what you think of the Kblade tour? lol

Nick

J011yroger
12-08-2007, 11:20 AM
haha...when I first read the specs I knew it would hit like crap just like the PS ROK...the specs are a disgrace :)

I find the prestige mids and volkl ve mid very low powered....the k blade tour must be something else!

Have you hit the ROK before? :?

Also have you told wilson what you think of the Kblade tour? lol

Nick

I can hit the snot out of the ball with a prestiege mid. This thing was something else. I am telling you, I got an eye high forehand about a foot inside the baseline and I hit it with everything I had, every ounce of my being accompanied by an animal growl, and the thing went "tink".

If I had one of my normal racquets I would have broken the ball.

J

J011yroger
12-08-2007, 11:22 AM
P.S. Never hit the ROK.

I will give it back next week, and rest assured I will tellem like it is.

J