tennispro11
09-25-2007, 08:33 PM
Awesome!!! Playing it right now, so I gotta go. :D

TENNIS_IS_FUN
09-25-2007, 08:35 PM
master Chief Is An African American And He Dies In The End

Noveson
09-25-2007, 08:36 PM
I got the legendary edition showing up tomorrow at 10 am sharp:) By the way if you guys want to play add me, my GT is Oveson10.

Noveson
09-25-2007, 08:36 PM

Haha bull*blam*. Nice try though.

The_Dark_Knight
09-25-2007, 08:44 PM
More like, Gaylo 3.

TokyopunK
09-25-2007, 08:46 PM
I got the legendary edition showing up tomorrow at 10 am sharp:) By the way if you guys want to play add me, my GT is Oveson10.

I heard that a lot of the legendary edition disks are scratched up real bad on the account of a crappy case. Hopefully you're lucky!

Noveson
09-25-2007, 08:47 PM
More like, Gaylo 3.

:lol: Hmm a guy named "The Dark Night" coming up with insult like Gaylo 3. Anybody want to take guesses at this guys age? I'm guessing 13.

Noveson
09-25-2007, 08:48 PM
I heard that a lot of the legendary edition disks are scratched up real bad on the account of a crappy case. Hopefully you're lucky!

It's the limited editions, not legendary I think. Yeah hopefully, some guy said he had proven that was fake, but I dunno.

The_Dark_Knight
09-25-2007, 09:03 PM
It was supposed to be sarcastic.

But seriously, Halo is really, really overrated.

Counterstrike is better. and Counterstrike isn't even that great.

Noveson
09-25-2007, 09:05 PM
It was supposed to be sarcastic.

But seriously, Halo is really, really overrated.

Counterstrike is better. and Counterstrike isn't even that great.

Yeah I've met some people that really don't like it, but most of them are bad at it. Counterstrike is a great game, probably second or third on my list of shooters. When Famitsu, a Japenese gaming mag gives you a 37/40, you're not overrated;)

The_Dark_Knight
09-25-2007, 09:12 PM
Why do they even bother putting in a single player campaign?

Noveson
09-25-2007, 09:15 PM
Why do they even bother putting in a single player campaign?

Because it's epic:D It's a great singleplayer game, it's just vastly underrated because it is probably close to, or the best multiplayer game ever made. Multiplayer sticks out because it's what people are playing for years afterwards, just look at games like Starcraft.

The_Dark_Knight
09-25-2007, 09:23 PM
Yeah, but Starcraft was actually good.

Halo would be better on the PC.
I can't play FPS games with a controller.

stormholloway
09-25-2007, 09:32 PM
Why aren't there more flying vehicles in the multiplayer? There's only the Banshee, which is somewhat lame.

Fedfan4life
09-26-2007, 01:33 AM
Anyone playing on Legendary difficulty? I'm on heroic btw. Gametag is Fedfan4life.

Fedfan4life
09-26-2007, 01:36 AM

I came in line for the midnight release and there were about less than 100 people at my local gamestop. The ONLY people who bought the legendary edition were the fat, non-bathing geeks.

dave333
09-26-2007, 01:02 PM
lmao a friend of mine wasn't at school because he is trying to beat halo 3 on legendary.

JMS
09-26-2007, 01:05 PM
lmao a friend of mine wasn't at school because he is trying to beat halo 3 on legendary.

a lot of people did that at my school too

J-man
09-26-2007, 05:31 PM
Don't have it yet. I personally am more excited about Brothers in Arms Hell's Highway, than Halo 3. But hopefully I can pick up Halo 3 sometime before the end of the year (Christmas if anything, lol).

Mastermind
09-26-2007, 06:29 PM
Just beat it. I tore through the campaign on normal in about 6, maybe 7 hours. I might get to play some LIVE multiplayer later tonight.

Freedom
09-26-2007, 08:27 PM
I played multiplayer for a bit. I'm not convinced it's better than H2's multiplayer- there seems to be a bit too much going on with the extra pickups, and it feels like there are too many weapons. I've heard the campaign is better than H2's (better be) and that there is an alternate ending for beating the game on Legendary.

I plan on picking up a 360 and H3 after Christmas. :D

Noveson
09-26-2007, 09:44 PM
Why aren't there more flying vehicles in the multiplayer? There's only the Banshee, which is somewhat lame.

Anyone playing on Legendary difficulty? I'm on heroic btw. Gametag is Fedfan4life.

There's the hornet, the human flying thing. I'm first playing through it on heroic. The going for everything else.

Fedfan4life
09-27-2007, 06:33 AM
Just beat it. I tore through the campaign on normal in about 6, maybe 7 hours. I might get to play some LIVE multiplayer later tonight.

I guess you can run through normal easily. Try beating those hunters with the hammer on Heroic.

Fedfan4life
09-27-2007, 06:39 AM
Noveson. I'll send you a friend request k.

spot
09-27-2007, 07:19 AM
I came in line for the midnight release and there were about less than 100 people at my local gamestop. The ONLY people who bought the legendary edition were the fat, non-bathing geeks.

So was the extra money you spent on the legendary edition worth it?

quest01
09-27-2007, 11:04 AM

I remember back in the day when Metroid came out and everybody was surprised to find out that Samus Aran is actually a woman.

The ending of NES classic Metroid

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gQppamJoDqc

Fedfan4life
09-27-2007, 02:12 PM
So was the extra money you spent on the legendary edition worth it?

haha I don't know, should asked them.

Rafa freak
09-27-2007, 02:17 PM

I am ......

Rafa freak
09-27-2007, 02:21 PM

thats bull no way.

Rafa freak
09-27-2007, 02:22 PM
:lol: Hmm a guy named "The Dark Night" coming up with insult like Gaylo 3. Anybody want to take guesses at this guys age? I'm guessing 13.

I'm guessing 16

Fedfan4life
09-27-2007, 02:22 PM
You'll finish the game soon then you'll find out.

Teh_pwnerer
09-27-2007, 02:47 PM
ew. gaylo, story is good multiplayer overrated gears of war is 10000x better halo is the new thing but wait till gears 2 no more gaylo ater that

saw the ending when beated on legendary, chief survives and getsin a cryo chamber or sumtin cortana sends a beacon and it ends, smells like gaylo 4 but gears 2 will be outby then, no hope

Teh_pwnerer
09-27-2007, 02:54 PM
Don't have it yet. I personally am more excited about Brothers in Arms Hell's Highway, than Halo 3. But hopefully I can pick up Halo 3 sometime before the end of the year (Christmas if anything, lol).

dude fck world war 2 bro too many games about it get call of duty 4 thats gonna beat halo, im in the beta, it rocks chiefs sox!

Big Fed
09-27-2007, 03:12 PM
Its Amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!its Amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!its Amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!its Amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mastermind
09-27-2007, 03:13 PM
I guess you can run through normal easily. Try beating those hunters with the hammer on Heroic.

Yeah normal is actually quite easy, but I did get frustrated at some points when I was running low on ammo and lo and behold, a great wave of Flood came at me. I'm gonna go play some LIVE now.

quest01
09-27-2007, 10:26 PM
Im going to buy Halo 3 eventually but at this time im working on trying to beat Bioshock first. I should have the game completed by Saturday but at this time my destiny is to beat Bioshock. A few days ago i beat Medal of Honor: Airborne which is a pretty good game.

Fedfan4life
09-27-2007, 10:29 PM
Yeah normal is actually quite easy, but I did get frustrated at some points when I was running low on ammo and lo and behold, a great wave of Flood came at me. I'm gonna go play some LIVE now.

I guess the game is based on you being very resourceful on ammo. I just finished that Cortana mission on Legendary via Co-op and the best thing to do is run coz it'll take hours to kill every flood in there.

califsurferboy33
09-28-2007, 11:38 AM
ending sucks!

J-man
09-28-2007, 12:53 PM
dude fck world war 2 bro too many games about it get call of duty 4 thats gonna beat halo, im in the beta, it rocks chiefs sox!Screw bro, BIA all the way;) I'm not a big fan of Call of Duty.

gamerx52986
09-28-2007, 03:03 PM
Picked up my Limited Edition on the 25th and went through 8 copies due to the discs being scratched. My local Gamestop had to open a regular edition and give me the game disc from that. Still...its not a bad game and I enjoy the co-op campaign quite alot. Multiplayer is decent but it always seems like it takes a while just to join a game. Personally, I enjoyed the Call of Duty 4 beta more than what I've played of Halo3 so far.

Teh_pwnerer
09-28-2007, 04:06 PM
Screw bro, BIA all the way;) I'm not a big fan of Call of Duty.

still ww2 is kinda old now

WhiteSox05CA
09-28-2007, 04:15 PM
Boycott videogames! Start a revolution! Videogames no more! Halo sucks!

The_Dark_Knight
09-28-2007, 04:22 PM
Played Halo 3 today during school on a projector.

Didn't notice much of difference from Halo 2 other than some cool new weapons (shotgun pistols) and lack of cool maps (No Lockout!).

Lockout was really the only map I was decent at.

J-man
09-28-2007, 08:40 PM
still ww2 is kinda old nowQuite true, but still BIA is a good franchise and this one should not be any different.

Freedom
09-28-2007, 11:01 PM
Played a bit of the campaign today, and more multiplayer.

I'm starting to like it more and more, but all the maps feel a little too big. Getting used to the pickups and the button remapping is still a bit of frustration. Why didn't Bungie make 'X' reload/grab weapons like normal and do the pickups on the shoulder button like the grenades? Makes no sense to me...

Big Fed
09-28-2007, 11:55 PM
I just beat the game a few hours ago. The flood lvls are ridiculously hard, and it was just on normal no way i could beat last 2 lvls on heroic. None on legendary. this is prolly the hardest halo game.

Hot Sauce
09-29-2007, 12:14 AM
I played on live all day today with 3 of my other friends (on one console). The game is absolutely amazing. I wasn't a fan of H2 but this game is awesome.

Teh_pwnerer
09-29-2007, 12:19 AM
I played on live all day today with 3 of my other friends (on one console). The game is absolutely amazing. I wasn't a fan of H2 but this game is awesome.

did u play gears? if u didint u dont know what ur mnissing!

westside
09-29-2007, 12:30 AM
Best Halo yet IMO.

I got it thursday, finished it on Friday.. Weapons are awesome, and brutes are a lot more fun to kill than elites. Also the detail they put onto the flood was awesome and the level with the flood (i think second last) was ridiculously annoying and hard.

Good thing though is that the reload button is the same on Gears of War, so that didn't affect me much

UW_Husky88
09-29-2007, 10:40 AM
I finally bought it, and the game is awesome!!! Its so hard though! I'm a noob at halo (console wise, I'm pretty good at the computer version of the first one), but I was wondering if anyone found the third level (The highway one where you have to try and get to voi) extremely hard on normal? I dunno why, but this game is extremely hard for me. I might have to move down to easy because even on normal this is tough.

But I agree wtih some of the others. I didn't care much for Halo 2 (mostly cuz I HATED the multi-player maps, and the campaign sucked), liked the first one a lot, and LOVE this one. This is probably the second best game I've ever played (starcraft is 1).

But anyway, am I totally noob if I can barely beat the third level on normal? Does it get even harder than that as the game goes on?

westside
09-29-2007, 10:26 PM
I finally bought it, and the game is awesome!!! Its so hard though! I'm a noob at halo (console wise, I'm pretty good at the computer version of the first one), but I was wondering if anyone found the third level (The highway one where you have to try and get to voi) extremely hard on normal? I dunno why, but this game is extremely hard for me. I might have to move down to easy because even on normal this is tough.

But I agree wtih some of the others. I didn't care much for Halo 2 (mostly cuz I HATED the multi-player maps, and the campaign sucked), liked the first one a lot, and LOVE this one. This is probably the second best game I've ever played (starcraft is 1).

But anyway, am I totally noob if I can barely beat the third level on normal? Does it get even harder than that as the game goes on?

Yeah, the game does get harder. If you found this level hard, you're going to hate the second last level haha.

What part do you get stuck on in the level?

Hot Sauce
09-30-2007, 01:47 AM
did u play gears? if u didint u dont know what ur mnissing!

Yeah I have Gears. Do you like the single player or the multiplayer?

Noveson
09-30-2007, 08:49 PM
Gears is a good game, but I only liked the campaign. I just got my new ninja armor on halo lol. Just started playing LIve tonight, played 5 games won 4 of them. My GT is Oveson10 if anyone wants to add me, I'm having some friend list troubles so if I don't add you it's cause that.

Mastermind
09-30-2007, 08:56 PM
Personally I liked Gears of War a lot more than I like the Halo games. I think if Halo had incorporated the kind of cover system that Gears did it would have been amazingly good.

Feņa14
09-30-2007, 09:37 PM
Has anyone got Fifa 08 on 360? Or planning on getting it?

Fedfan4life
09-30-2007, 10:22 PM
Personally I liked Gears of War a lot more than I like the Halo games. I think if Halo had incorporated the kind of cover system that Gears did it would have been amazingly good.

Halo 3 doesn't need to have a cover system like Gears or RS Vegas because its a different type of FPS. Also, obviously previous Halo players are used to that type of gameplay.

Rafa freak
10-02-2007, 03:31 PM
I am ......

On halo 1:) ;)

dave333
10-02-2007, 04:16 PM
Sigh, I still need a next-gen system. Still with a gamecube and a outdated PC only playing starcraft.

My b-day is coming but but I'm getting a $3000 violin and a $1400 violin bow sooo :roll: