PDA

View Full Version : Are you obsessed with tennis?

PM_revisited
09-26-2007, 07:19 AM
According to Merriam-Webster...

Main Entry: ob·ses·sion
Pronunciation: \äb-ˈse-shən, əb-\
Function: noun
Date: 1680

1: a persistent disturbing preoccupation with an often unreasonable idea or feeling; broadly : compelling motivation <an obsession with profits>
2: something that causes an obsession

Dedans Penthouse
09-26-2007, 07:56 AM

no

maneater
09-26-2007, 11:36 AM
YES!...Its quite worrying! :-(

cujays
09-26-2007, 04:22 PM
yes
10 char

J-man
09-26-2007, 04:30 PM
Yes, pretty much but I haven't been able to play in like 3 weeks:sad: :sad:

Andres
09-26-2007, 04:43 PM
Nnnnope.

10 (NO) characters.

str33t
09-26-2007, 04:46 PM
Yes, I visit these message boards while I'm at school in my off period and I'm proud of it.
:D

Shahar26
09-26-2007, 06:25 PM
Yes, I visit these message boards while I'm at school in my off period and I'm proud of it.
:D

That may also indicate a different type of obsession ;)

blitzmage_89
09-27-2007, 04:26 AM
not really for me. Every year I change a secondary sport (this year it's track) so i dont get bored haha

goober
09-27-2007, 04:47 AM
No- tennis is just a hobby not an obsession.

I can quit any time really. No withdrawal here. Hey where's my racquet? You mess up my racquet I'll mess up you! :D

WillAlwaysLoveYouTennis
09-28-2007, 06:09 AM
Not anymore. Current players just don't have my interest as in the past, yet always hoping for someone to catch my eye again.

But regarding tennis in general. Just went off the other day because my partner was using one of my racquets. "Racquets," I said, "are just like toothbrushes. Don't care how much you love the person, but just like them using your toothbrush...that's is a whole different story." I was so ****ed off. Right now I have them under the bed so he doesn't find them.

vkartikv
09-28-2007, 07:06 PM
Yes, I am. I asked tennis to marry me but she is such a s*ut, she has so many other people to 'entertain'...

mcpon
09-28-2007, 07:09 PM
Well . . . it's the only sport I play.

Big Fed
09-28-2007, 10:52 PM
I used to be but im a little more mellowed out now.

SoBad
09-28-2007, 10:55 PM
Tennis is great because it's so many things -

- a sport
- a game
- a means of interaction with another person
- etc. also other things

BiGGieStuFF
09-28-2007, 11:02 PM
I wouldn't say I'm obsessed but I do consider myself an avid fan. If I even remotely hear a conversation about tennis I always want to jump in. I try to play as much as I can but I think it stems more from my obsession to be good at something or to reach my active potential.

I was obsessed with basketball the same way but once I reached my pinnacle I lost interest in it. It'll probably be the same way with tennis as well though I have been playing off and on since middle school.

Is being part of 3 league teams a bit much?

slice bh compliment
09-29-2007, 04:35 AM
I'm not obsessed. So what if:

I buy balls by the case. I play a lot.

I volunteer less at a soup kitchen and more at an inner city youth tennis program.

Last weekend, I got two new frames and I did not have time to string them. So I had them sit next to me on the sofa while I watched some Davis Cup coverage. Did the leathers and the overgrips just so....and made sure they were even, to the gram. I tried to spoon with them, but my wife was in the next room...and...you know how jealous women get.

Played all three days right after the DC matches.

As a response to Slam withdrawal (a very mysterious disease that I contract 4 times per year), I may be developing an addicition to buying racquets.

I get ALL of my news and commentary from this tennis forum. Well, maybe, just maybe, a touch of ''All things considered'', Lehrer, Daily Show and Colbert...and some BBC on a slow night. But mostly my sources are Phil, Deuce, Chess9, Guazzelli and the rest of you, right here at good ol' TW.

I wore a tennis shirt with jeans or board shorts to a party. I do it a lot, actually. I just do not care to hide the fact that I play tennis and the shirts feel great.

I keep my tennis bag in the trunk and my sticks in the house. Not the garage.

I dreamed I had a dog named Davis who drank from a large silver bowl we called a Cup. Another dog named either Wimbledon or Roland.
A parakeet named Ilie. A cat named Yannick.

While others are talking about reality TV shows or sudoku, I work Novak Djokovic into casual conversation at the office. I even refer to him as 'Nole'...or 'Djoko'.

Whenever I'm doing yardwork, I think of tennis court dimensions, different kinds of grass, hand mowing and where to put the Royal Box.

You know that fast food restaurant called Chick-Fil-A? I cannot help but pronounce it Chick FILA.

I actually got through a couple of minutes each week of Age of Love. Yes, the one with Mark FILApoussis.

I usually never waste money on souvenirs, retail items and/or trinkets. Except when I'm at a Davis Cup tie.

I used to subscribe to HBO just one month per year. Just for the Wimbledon.

Yeah, I'm not obsessed.
But please pull me aside if I start lining up my water bottles, okay?

AceofBase
09-29-2007, 04:47 AM
i play other sport too, i just wanted keep fit and strong.

goober
09-29-2007, 06:16 AM
Is being part of 3 league teams a bit much?

Yes :)

Me= zero teams.

Uh-oh it looks like somebody has practicing a lot for his revenge match :grin:

gerikoh
09-29-2007, 06:18 AM
absolutely, i could hardly wait to join the tour :D

diegaa
09-29-2007, 11:00 AM
nah, why should I?

tenniskid3119
09-29-2007, 11:14 AM
yes i am. i love playing tennis