PDA

View Full Version : False Donnay Pro One International ?

Pete Semper
09-26-2007, 08:27 AM
Ive just bought a new Donnay Pro One Int, I mean not the TW version but the ORIGINAL version made in Belgium (Yelllow and black paintjob) but I have a problem with the weight, my racquet weights 11,3 ounces strung !!! (=320 grams), It's too light for a Pro One. My questions are : Do you think its a false frame or do you think it's an asiatic version ? Any help would be highly appreciated.

guynamedsean
09-26-2007, 05:06 PM
I have no idea.

However, I think you should demo the TW version. I just switched to the TW Pro One OS. It is such a sweet stick that it is an improvement over the original Pro One OS.

I haven't tried the TW version of the International, but I think you should.

ericsson
09-26-2007, 11:56 PM
Ive just bought a new Donnay Pro One Int, I mean not the TW version but the ORIGINAL version made in Belgium (Yelllow and black paintjob) but I have a problem with the weight, my racquet weights 11,3 ounces strung !!! (=320 grams), It's too light for a Pro One. My questions are : Do you think its a false frame or do you think it's an asiatic version ? Any help would be highly appreciated.

Nope, not at all, as far as i know there were never fake internationals, note that the original international was lighter then his brother (the limited) and the TW version.
i will weigh mine tonight and let you know.

Pete Semper
09-27-2007, 09:39 AM
Nope, not at all, as far as i know there were never fake internationals, note that the original international was lighter then his brother (the limited) and the TW version.
i will weigh mine tonight and let you know.

I really appreciate your help Ericsson...Let me know.

Pete Semper
09-27-2007, 09:54 AM
Oh I ve just got an email from someone who owns a Pro One Int and he said 360 gr strung...Whats going wrong with my frame ?

ericsson
09-27-2007, 10:46 AM
Oh I ve just got an email from someone who owns a Pro One Int and he said 360 gr strung...Whats going wrong with my frame ?

360 is very much!, must be leaded or with leather and overgrip then, just weighted mine, one at 341grams and one at 342grams, these are strung with factory nylon and just off the shell, original grip. no changes. In US terms this would be around 12 oz.

so your frame is strange, can you post a pic?, i can have a better view then...

Pete Semper
09-27-2007, 01:23 PM
Thanks for the info Ericsson. I was not surprised for the weight of 360 gr because my old donnay Pro One Int (greenn grey and red) weights exactly the same without any kind of changes (except overgrip). Unfortunately its too late for posting some pics of my new racquet because Ive just putted into a postal package: Im going to send it back to the seller tomorrow in the morning...Damnit I cant explain why my Donnay was so strange. Thanks for your input.