PDA

View Full Version : Bionic Woman

MEAC_ALLAMERICAN
09-26-2007, 06:54 PM
Did anybody watch the new version on NBC?

I think it was pretty "ok", has anyone ever seen the 1970's version?

FEDEX1
09-26-2007, 07:07 PM
i watch like 5 minutes of it and HATED it. horrible show

bismark
09-26-2007, 10:50 PM
The 70's version were cheesy but fun to watch, especially the "slo-mo" fighting/bionic strength scenes. Lindsay Wagner and Lee Major rocked back then.

ktownva
09-27-2007, 12:37 AM
I thought the new Bionic Woman rocked!!! And I'm a huge fan of the original, I grew up watching it in the 70's. So of course I noticed every little thing that was different, good and bad. For instance, in the original series, Jaime Summers was from Ojai, CA, and she was a real John Denver type chick. In the new series she is an urbanite bartender. And in the original, the main villain was not another bionic woman, but a 100% mechanical robot named Callahan. And I think Callahan started out as likable mousy girl, and when it is revealed she's a robot it's a big shocker. I wish the original was out on dvd, but so far I like the new series. Very cool IMO.

scotus
09-27-2007, 01:50 AM
I recorded it on my dvr and watched it late. I thought it was great, at least better than the premiere of Heroes.

The original Jaime Summers (Sommers?) was a tennis player although the TV series didn't make much of it. The cost of her bionics and operation was, I believe, 3 million dollars? (a half of the Six Million Dollar Man)

Compare that to the new and improved bionic woman at 50 million dollars.

As you would expect from modern special effects, there is a whole lot more action on the new Bionic Woman.

Now all we need is the bionic German Shepherd to keep Jaime company.

Topaz
09-27-2007, 03:16 AM
Did anybody watch the new version on NBC?

I think it was pretty "ok", has anyone ever seen the 1970's version?

DVR'd it.

Have I seen the 70s version? Heck yeah...I even had a bionic woman doll! I would wear my Wonder Woman bathing suit when I played with it!