PDA

View Full Version : Just bought a Prince O3 Red without hitting it... opinions??

kinneyrhs
09-27-2007, 06:27 AM
Like it says, I just picked up a Prince O3 Red based on the TW review, tennis.com review and searching the forum. I currently have a Hybrid Hornet, so I am sure they are fairly similar rackets. But having the extra 5 sq of racket head will help me.

From anyone who has hit or owns the racket, how do you like them?

P.S. - I am a 3.5 all court player, moderte swing

Fedace
09-27-2007, 06:45 AM
Like it says, I just picked up a Prince O3 Red based on the TW review, tennis.com review and searching the forum. I currently have a Hybrid Hornet, so I am sure they are fairly similar rackets. But having the extra 5 sq of racket head will help me.

From anyone who has hit or owns the racket, how do you like them?

P.S. - I am a 3.5 all court player, moderte swing

I liked it on everything except serve. it seemed little difficult to generate power on the serve dept. seem to be the favorite racket of Yankovic.

dave108
09-27-2007, 07:32 AM
I really liked the O3 Red, which was very surprising to me since (until recently) my regular frames is a LM prestigeMP and thought that it would have too much power. I demoed it mainly because the reviews were very positive, and I'm looking for a lighter less demanding racquet. I found the power to be very controlled, and it was easy to generate tons of racquet speed. Very easy to move around, but I didn't find it unstable. On the contrary I thought it was very stable, even when volleying back hard hit balls. Touch/feel was OK, but that may have been due to the strings in the demo (Gosen Proform Tuff 15L). I have a 1 hbh, and didn't find any problems with the Red. Serves lacked a little bit of pace, probably because it is lighter than my other frames, but they did have good spin. I really like the racquet, and am seriously considering getting one. It definitely is not your regular 'tweener or game improvement frame. I would really like to hear comments from anyone on how it compares to the nBlade OS.

Ljubicic for number1
09-28-2007, 03:57 PM
Decent racquet, comfortable and a serving beast.