PDA

View Full Version : Gamma Ipex 7.0

keithchircop
09-27-2007, 07:41 AM
I'm doing some research on low-powered OS racquets and came across this racquet. [And NO the POG is NOT low powered]

Why isn't the Ipex 7.0 racquet ever mentioned?

If you look at the specs it is pretty similar to the Ti Radical, iRadical, Microgel Radical, as well as the ProStaff 7.0 Lite OS. Yet nobody seems to have tried it. Is it simply because of the brand?

robkat
09-27-2007, 11:30 AM
I hit with this frame(MP) back in DEC 2006. I found this frame to be one of the worst frames I have ever hit with. It plays nothing like it's specs would indicate. I wouldn't compare this frame to the Radical line of racquets. It played light lacking feel and no stability. I struggled to get any type of pace on my serve. Ground strokes were ok but nothing special.

haerdalis
09-27-2007, 04:11 PM
I have 2 Ipex 7 OS. It is a nice frame with lots of comfort but it does lack some stability. Hits in the sweetspot are very nice though. I agree that it lacks some in the serve department. I find it much more comfortable than the radical OS though. A better frame to look at is the Kneissl Black star IMO.

keithchircop
09-28-2007, 03:05 AM
I have 2 Ipex 7 OS. It is a nice frame with lots of comfort but it does lack some stability. Hits in the sweetspot are very nice though. I agree that it lacks some in the serve department. I find it much more comfortable than the radical OS though. A better frame to look at is the Kneissl Black star IMO.

I think the Kneissl is much more powerful with that swingweight and XL.

haerdalis
09-28-2007, 11:13 AM
Well it is also very flexible and it has a dense string pattern. IMO it is quite low powered for an OS.

ashaway
09-28-2007, 01:54 PM
Good all around frame. This was a "Sleeper Frame" in the Gamma line. They should have checked the spec's. TW sells them. The OS frame matches pretty close to the Fischer M Pro 1 OS. Same Flex- same swing weight. Power Ratings about the same; F-1937/G-1944. TRW sells them for $79.95.

Have a good day!