PDA

View Full Version : Microgel Prestige

The Ball Matters
09-27-2007, 07:35 PM
FYI, the new prestiges will start making the rounds next month. The 93 and 98 specs will be pretty much unchanged, moving from Flexpoint to Microgel. The surprise is the Prestige Pro, a 98 square inch, 16 main, 11.5 unstrung. This is in line with the Extreme Pro and Radical Pro in that it has a slightly more open pattern and is a little heavier than the midplus.

Chauvalito
09-27-2007, 07:51 PM
This is what many of us have suspected. Awesom.

saram
09-27-2007, 07:59 PM
I wonder what a Microgel Prestige Mid will play like!!!! I CANNOT wait!

me is bored
09-27-2007, 08:02 PM
will it be similar to the Liquidmetal Prestige????

vsbabolat
09-27-2007, 08:04 PM
will it be similar to the Liquidmetal Prestige????

I certainly hope not!!

Klatu Verata Necktie
09-27-2007, 08:20 PM
Have you seen the specs? Is the stiffness rating the same as the Flexpoint? I was hoping for a more flexable stick, more like the Classic.

me is bored
09-27-2007, 08:34 PM
I certainly hope not!!

wtf??!?? LM Prestige is one of the best rackets made!!!

vsbabolat
09-27-2007, 08:36 PM
wtf??!?? LM Prestige is one of the best rackets made!!!

Says you. I think it was one of the worst racquets ever made!!!

me is bored
09-27-2007, 08:38 PM
Says you. I think it was one of the worst racquets ever made!!!

*evil glare*

Anton
09-27-2007, 08:48 PM
*evil glare*

there there, it's ok, you just need to play with the iPrestige or the Classic 600 to understand.

LM Prestige certainly isn't the worst frame ever made, even if it feels like it on every shot past it's sweetspot

me is bored
09-27-2007, 09:03 PM
there there, it's ok, you just need to play with the iPrestige or the Classic 600 to understand.

LM Prestige certainly isn't the worst frame ever made, even if it feels like it on every shot past it's sweetspot

im a young'n. never got to use or even know about the iprestige or classic 600.

Anton
09-27-2007, 09:06 PM
im a young'n. never got to use or even know about the iprestige or classic 600.

well there is good news, the new prestige should feel somewhere between iPrestige and 600, so you'll know what we mean.

me is bored
09-27-2007, 09:29 PM
k, ill see if i like it or not. do both of those rackets feel about the same when you swing them??

abenguyen
09-27-2007, 09:39 PM

definitely know what you mean. every shot feels like you miss the sweetspot and when you do hit a great shot that feels great its still not the sweetspot

me is bored
09-27-2007, 09:52 PM
definitely know what you mean. every shot feels like you miss the sweetspot and when you do hit a great shot that feels great its still not the sweetspot

do they feel the same when you swing them???

quest01
09-27-2007, 10:02 PM
Head should make a 100 sq inch Prestige.

me is bored
09-27-2007, 10:03 PM

no...they shouldnt...you should learn to hit with 93 in. prestige =] anyway g'night.

quest01
09-27-2007, 10:08 PM
no...they shouldnt...you should learn to hit with 93 in. prestige =] anyway g'night.

I've used the 93 sq inch prestige but wasnt impressed. I preferred the 98 sq inch prestige but i think the microgel extreme pro and radical pro are better in my opinion.

vsbabolat
09-27-2007, 10:36 PM
I've used the 93 sq inch prestige but wasnt impressed. I preferred the 98 sq inch prestige but i think the microgel extreme pro and radical pro are better in my opinion.

Which Prestige mid did you try? Was it the Prestige Classic 600, i.Prestige Mid, LM Prestige Mid, or Flexpoint Prestige mid? Because they all play very differently. Also the Prestige comes in a 102 sq. in. headsize. They are the Prestige Tour 660, Classic Midplus, and Flexpoint Prestige Team. Have you tried those?

The Ball Matters
09-28-2007, 10:34 AM
Have you seen the specs? Is the stiffness rating the same as the Flexpoint? I was hoping for a more flexable stick, more like the Classic.

No, I have not seen this spec, but I have been told they are trying to appeal to the fans of the classic Prestiges...

The Ball Matters
09-28-2007, 10:37 AM

I think the Extreme Pro is a good stick but I do not care for the Radical Pro. Balance is very important. I think the Prestige Pro will be targeting the 6.1 people as well as classic Prestige fans.

MichaelChang
09-28-2007, 10:42 AM
No, I have not seen this spec, but I have been told they are trying to appeal to the fans of the classic Prestiges...

Right. I saw the MGel Prestige 93" demos in RPNY. on the demo racket there is NO specs. RPNY said the racket will be a hot sale, sicne there is already a waiting list there to buy this stick. and it "should" feel close to PC 600.

Klatu Verata Necktie
09-28-2007, 01:58 PM

Good news! I hit with drakulie's Classic 600 last week and loved it. I'd be excited to see a Microgel incarnation of the Classic.

quest01
09-28-2007, 03:50 PM
Which Prestige mid did you try? Was it the Prestige Classic 600, i.Prestige Mid, LM Prestige Mid, or Flexpoint Prestige mid? Because they all play very differently. Also the Prestige comes in a 102 sq. in. headsize. They are the Prestige Tour 660, Classic Midplus, and Flexpoint Prestige Team. Have you tried those?

Ive tried the Flexpoint Prestige Mid. It was alright but i just didnt play as well with it compared to other rackets. Also a 102 headsize is too big for what i prefer. The Radical line has a 100 sq inch head and also the new Extreme version is a 100 sq inches, you would think they would also make a Prestige in a 100.

VS_Power
09-28-2007, 04:24 PM
i got my fingers crossed... i own two classics and an i.prestige and the i.prestige is the best racket i've ever used

LM prestige... strike 1
FXP prestige... strike 2
Microgel prestige... third time's the charm?

vsbabolat
09-28-2007, 04:30 PM
Ive tried the Flexpoint Prestige Mid. It was alright but i just didnt play as well with it compared to other rackets. Also a 102 headsize is too big for what i prefer. The Radical line has a 100 sq inch head and also the new Extreme version is a 100 sq inches, you would think they would also make a Prestige in a 100.

Well that is your problem right there you hit with the Flexpoint Prestige Mid! You should try the Prestige Classic 600 that is a "Real" Prestige. The Flexpoint Prestige Mid is just a poor imitation of a Prestige.
Why would HEAD make a Prestige in 100 sq. in.? The Microgel Radical Pro is 11.7 oz. strung, 21mm beam width, and has a flex of 64. That fits the niche of a players frame in 100 sq. in. So if you like the Microgel Radical Pro go play with it. Head does not need to make a Prestige in 100 sq. in. They have 93 (89.5) sq. in., 98 sq. in, and a 102. That is a nice choice of head sizes in one line of racquets.

soggyramen
09-28-2007, 05:23 PM

he's right...the LM Prestige bites in comparison to the iPrestige. I have yet to nabb a classic 600 though

Jabezhh
09-28-2007, 05:27 PM
Awesome!
I used an rdx500 mp and am now using a head tour classic 102.

Hopefully I'll be able to choose between the rqis 1 and the microgel prestige mp. :D

brayman9
09-28-2007, 06:07 PM

please don't. keep it to the radical pro at 100.

yonexred2113
09-28-2007, 09:26 PM
pics...............

pham4313
09-29-2007, 11:30 AM
FYI, the new prestiges will start making the rounds next month. The 93 and 98 specs will be pretty much unchanged, moving from Flexpoint to Microgel. The surprise is the Prestige Pro, a 98 square inch, 16 main, 11.5 unstrung. This is in line with the Extreme Pro and Radical Pro in that it has a slightly more open pattern and is a little heavier than the midplus.

tenniswarehouse will carry them next month?? or we ll see the pros start playing the pj next month?

Pleepers
09-29-2007, 12:22 PM
I think holding for the new MG prestige will be worth the wait, especially considering that the MG Radical is so sweet...one can only expect the prestige to be something awesome! :D

TnTBigman
09-29-2007, 12:47 PM
i've been reading on HEAD's micorgel material, and they claim that the properties it has when used in a racquet helps develop more spin. mabye this is why they are introducing a 16x19- to further amplify spin potential. hope this technology in 18x20 MP wont be uncomfortable for flat hitters like myself.

Pro_Tour_630
09-29-2007, 03:22 PM
The Microgel Radical Pro is 11.7 oz. strung, 21mm beam width,
You can't go by what TW tells you, it is 20mm

AndrewD
09-29-2007, 05:35 PM
I think holding for the new MG prestige will be worth the wait, especially considering that the MG Radical is so sweet...one can only expect the prestige to be something awesome! :D

I think 'awesome' is going too far. It is, in my opinion, better than the Flexpoint and much better than the LM Prestige but still not as good as the PC600 or Prestige Pro - the two versions I would consider 'awesome'.

Bagdatis toy hippo
09-29-2007, 07:59 PM
The regular Head Microgel hurts my arm when i play with it. Maybe this 1 wont.

Anton
09-29-2007, 08:37 PM
The regular Head Microgel hurts my arm when i play with it. Maybe this 1 wont.

No such racket

tandayu
09-29-2007, 08:44 PM
I think 'awesome' is going too far. It is, in my opinion, better than the Flexpoint and much better than the LM Prestige but still not as good as the PC600 or Prestige Pro - the two versions I would consider 'awesome'.

Agree with you. Remake/reproduce exactly the same like the original version or else will be sub par

MichaelChang
09-29-2007, 08:56 PM
Agree with you. Remake/reproduce exactly the same like the original version or else will be sub par

well, you are probably right, but don't be too certain, if you haven't tried it yet. demos are out, I didn't have time to play this week otherwise I would have known by now how good/bad it is...

saram
09-29-2007, 09:11 PM

No, they should not. The only Prestige that needs to be made is the mid...

nousername
09-29-2007, 09:25 PM
i think all this branded stuff is just a marketing scam to get gearheads excited to drop another $400 - $600 on some new sticks. head a huge corporation and they want to make money... don't be so fooled that they actually want to improve YOUR tennis game. (... by the way, i have nothing against big corps trying to make money, more power to em if they can find a way to make legit money... i just don't want to be a sucker...)

yeah, which each new generation they do tweak em a bit, and the "feel" is different... maybe even dramatically, but i bet most of us here won't actually notice any substantial improvement to our game...

humans like new, and humans like change... the microgel will inevitably be different, but whether it is actually better, we will never know... the microgel presitge will indeed be new and will indeed have changes, but thanks to the human psyche it is destined to be "the best yet"...

notice how it has even come out yet, not a single person has used it, and it is already being hailed as a god?

my best advice... just find a good stick and stick with it.

whozon3rd
09-30-2007, 12:07 AM
notice how it has even come out yet, not a single person has used it, and it is already being hailed as a god?

my best advice... just find a good stick and stick with it.[/QUOTE]

Well, that's what we're trying to do. The last few versions of the prestige have been disappointing and the classic prestiges that TW sold on special order are gone. What we're looking for is some semblance of the original, if the microgel comes close it just may attain divinity. So repent you worthless infidel or go worship someplace else you don't belong in this church.

Pleepers
09-30-2007, 07:58 AM

I won't disagree with you abou the PC600 probably being "better" than a racquet we haven't even seen yet, but you and I still don't know this. So seriously, there's no reason to split hairs on the issue just because you are so partial to the PC600 and Prestige Pro, and you definition of "awesome" is probably different than mine.

Here, let me help you sleep at night: The new MG Prestige will probably be "awesome" but the PC600 and Prestige Pro will always be one of the greatest of all time! Happy?

nousername
09-30-2007, 10:30 AM

my best advice... just find a good stick and stick with it.

Well, that's what we're trying to do. The last few versions of the prestige have been disappointing and the classic prestiges that TW sold on special order are gone. What we're looking for is some semblance of the original, if the microgel comes close it just may attain divinity. So repent you worthless infidel or go worship someplace else you don't belong in this church.

i really wasn't trying to offend, but i may have gotten carried away. i was simply a little surprised by all the praise this thing was getting before it's even come out.

vsbabolat
09-30-2007, 10:55 AM
i really wasn't trying to offend, but i may have gotten carried away. i was simply a little surprised by all the praise this thing was getting before it's even come out.

I have not seen any praise on the Microgel Prestige except maybe some like the way it looks but definetly not how it plays. Peoples expectation of the the Microgel Prestige will be that it will have a "Classic Feel" because that is what other posters here at TW have claimed that they were told by Head Reps. Many of the fans of the Prestige Classic 600, Pro Tour 280/630, Radical Trisys 260, and Radical Tour Twintube 630 have been very dissapointed with the Liquidmetal Prestige and the Flexpoint Prestige. So we are waiting with great anticipation that the new Microgel Prestige will not dissapoint and a have ballpark feel to those great Classic Head racquets.

pham4313
09-30-2007, 11:28 AM
what people expect and speculate about it might steer manufacturer into making the products people want... for example, the K90, people want same mold and close feel to the P.S 85, wilson listened and made it. I hope Head designers stop by here some time and listen to us wanting the MG prestige to be as close as the classic line and maybe they ll do it :p

AndrewD
09-30-2007, 01:12 PM
I won't disagree with you abou the PC600 probably being "better" than a racquet we haven't even seen yet, but you and I still don't know this. So seriously, there's no reason to split hairs on the issue just because you are so partial to the PC600 and Prestige Pro, and you definition of "awesome" is probably different than mine.

If I hadn't already hit with the Microgel Prestige Mid I wouldn't have made any comment at all.

nousername
09-30-2007, 02:15 PM
I have not seen any praise on the Microgel Prestige except maybe some like the way it looks but definetly not how it plays. Peoples expectation of the the Microgel Prestige will be that it will have a "Classic Feel" because that is what other posters here at TW have claimed that they were told by Head Reps. Many of the fans of the Prestige Classic 600, Pro Tour 280/630, Radical Trisys 260, and Radical Tour Twintube 630 have been very dissapointed with the Liquidmetal Prestige and the Flexpoint Prestige. So we are waiting with great anticipation that the new Microgel Prestige will not dissapoint and a have ballpark feel to those great Classic Head racquets.
yeah, i think you are right. i re-read some of the posts and i probably read too much into it. i stand corrected.

Pleepers
09-30-2007, 06:15 PM
If I hadn't already hit with the Microgel Prestige Mid I wouldn't have made any comment at all.

Wow, if that's the case please share your thoughts, did you get a chance with the MP? Also, would you mind telling us how you got the "hook-up"? Thanks.

Safina
09-30-2007, 06:21 PM
WHERE ARE THE top-secret PICS OF THE MGP?????

ollinger
09-30-2007, 06:24 PM
Use your imagination a bit. It obviously looks exactly like the other new sticks, complete with "barber shop pole" stripes, but red where there would otherwise be yellow or orange. Is there a mystery here??

vsbabolat
09-30-2007, 06:33 PM
WHERE ARE THE top-secret PICS OF THE MGP?????

Here you go.

Here are a couple photos from the thread http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=154339
http://i173.photobucket.com/albums/w50/vsbabolat/microgelprestige1.jpg
http://i173.photobucket.com/albums/w50/vsbabolat/microgelprestige2.jpg

Pro_Tour_630
09-30-2007, 08:37 PM
VS babolat, as a PT630 user and I am sure you would agree, I would wish Head would make an MG prestige MP with 20mm rather than 21mm (LM and FXP), just like the width on the MG radical Pro but that is just me :-)

In fact I am almost positive that the MG prestige MP is going to be 20mm, that is the key just like the PT's, if they do then Head has answered our prayers

vsbabolat
09-30-2007, 08:42 PM
VS babolate, as a PT630 user and I am sure you would agree, I would wish Head would make an MG prestige MP with 20mm rather than 21mm (LM and FXP), just like the MG radical Pro but that is just me :-)

In fact I am almost positive that the MG prestige MP is going to be 20mm, that is the key just like the PT's, if they do then Head has answered our prayers

I agree with you.:-D

hmm
09-30-2007, 08:51 PM
why don't they just make the beam width 19mm like the mid?

smittysan89
09-30-2007, 08:54 PM
I know this is kind of off topic but I know I can get a good answer out of you guys.

What is your opinion on the i.Prestige Mid vs MP? How does the i.Prestige MP compare to the FXP MP. Normally I would gravitate to the mid but I have heard only good reviews about the i.Prestige MP.

Pro_Tour_630
09-30-2007, 09:07 PM
why don't they just make the beam width 19mm like the mid?

Because then it would be a prince REBEL, diablo tour MP or prince Longbody, it needs to be stiffer over 60 to be somewhat stable. Man I knew I should have been working for Head as a racquet designer. My mom had a dream that once I would be a racquet designer and I would be rich........ or was that John Cauthens Mom!? :-)

hmm
10-01-2007, 06:19 AM
why don't they increase the weight the pro to 12.5 oz to make it more stable with the 19mm beam. I would actually prefer these specs anyways since i would probably lead it up.

mileslong
10-01-2007, 08:34 AM
http://i173.photobucket.com/albums/w50/vsbabolat/microgelprestige1.jpg
from the looks of that picture, i would say that the reviews of the microgel prestige have been mixed...

smittysan89
10-01-2007, 09:13 AM
I know this is kind of off topic but I know I can get a good answer out of you guys.

What is your opinion on the i.Prestige Mid vs MP? How does the i.Prestige MP compare to the FXP MP. Normally I would gravitate to the mid but I have heard only good reviews about the i.Prestige MP.

anybody have an opinion?

counterpunchingrules
10-01-2007, 10:59 AM
currently use (and love) the LM Prestige mid. still got 4 left, 2 of which are in pretty good condition. not sure how long the other 2 will last.

HATED the flexpoint, used to live and die by the i.prestige in highschool, so i will be for sure playtesting the microgel.

Pro_Tour_630
10-01-2007, 11:18 AM
anybody have an opinion?

there are two kinds of iprestige mids (rubber matt coating and shinny black coating) they play a bit different. I would go with the iprestige MP if you can find them it is thinner than the FXP MP, it has the same mold at the PT630 only a bit crispier.

smittysan89
10-01-2007, 11:31 AM
there are two kinds of iprestige mids (rubber matt coating and shinny black coating) they play a bit different. I would go with the iprestige MP if you can find them it is thinner than the FXP MP, it has the same mold at the PT630 only a bit crispier.

I can purchase a brand new MP, but like you said they are hard to find. The mids on the other hand I can purchase in great condition with new CAP's for alot cheaper, and they are alot lot easier to find...hmmm. The mids have the shinier coating btw.

Pro_Tour_630
10-01-2007, 11:31 AM
why don't they increase the weight the pro to 12.5 oz to make it more stable with the 19mm beam. I would actually prefer these specs anyways since i would probably lead it up.

not too many people can swing a stock pro at 12.5oz there is Prince Tour NXG for you to consider which is why it has the bar across to make it more stable, it is also stiff, not too much feel IMO

me is bored
10-04-2007, 08:45 PM
any thought on how much longer itll be anybody???

Bobble
10-06-2007, 09:49 PM
does anyone know if the new microgel prestiges will come in XL???

XhotXEX1290
10-07-2007, 12:02 AM
probably will have xl-version to compete with wilson k95x

joe1987
10-07-2007, 02:46 AM
Anyone gotten their hands on one for a playtest yet?