PDA

View Full Version : best 95 square inch racquet for topspin groundstrokes

eman70
09-28-2007, 04:15 AM
for a former (22 years ago) #1 singles and doubles NCAA Division 2 player who hasn't played for about 16 years.

iscottius
09-28-2007, 04:28 AM
wanna play on my 4.0 team :)

Wilson Ncode 6.1 95 16 x 18
Prince original Graphite midsize
Yonex rq is 1 tour
Donnay Pro one international
Dunlop 200g

rlee7777
09-28-2007, 05:06 AM
Curious, have you played with the Donnay Pro One Intl? How does this directly compare with the Wilson nCode 6.1?

bad_call
09-28-2007, 05:08 AM
eman70 - what racquet did u use back then?

saram
09-28-2007, 05:19 AM
Type of game/style would help a considerable amount in regards to recommending a good stick as well...

KFwinds
09-28-2007, 08:54 AM
Without question the Wilson ProStaff 6.1 series. The Donnay Pro One International is pretty darn good as well. Almost forgot; if you can find one, the Yonex RD-7 does not disappoint in the spin department - so I've heard...

You could also try the Prince O3 Tour mid, or the Hybrid Tour. Both 95's.

eman70
09-28-2007, 11:55 AM
OK....more info...

last racquet played and currently the one I'm using...unfortunately only have one left.....

wilson ultra fpk 95

I tore my ACL about 10 years ago...never had it reconstructed....so while I can still hit the ball pretty well....I can't move so well.......if I do decide to play somewhat competitive.....it will be interesting to see what level I could or should play at.......anyone have a thought on that?????

about my game.......mostly a baseline player......excellent passing shots.....like to move guys around....mostly topspin....two handed backhand.....love to force a short ball in the middle of the court and then I'll hit an angled winner...

my serve is OK....low 100s back in the day but not all that powerful....nice kick second serve.....I volley OK......ended up being a decent doubles player ........ always had a pretty good return of serve.....

Favorite players back then...Connors, Borg, Becker, now I like Federer.....

what else can I say.......any advice on racquets would be appreicated, I'd stick with my ultra fpk 95 but I can't find any of them and only have one left which is a bit beat up.....I break strings a fair amount due to the topspin and taking a pretty big cut at the ball so I need 2-3 frames (the same) in my bag.....

love to play on your 4.0 team :-D

eman70
09-28-2007, 11:56 AM
OK....more info...

last racquet played and currently the one I'm using...unfortunately only have one left.....

wilson ultra fpk 95

I tore my ACL about 10 years ago...never had it reconstructed....so while I can still hit the ball pretty well....I can't move so well.......if I do decide to play somewhat competitive.....it will be interesting to see what level I could or should play at.......anyone have a thought on that?????

about my game.......mostly a baseline player......excellent passing shots.....like to move guys around....mostly topspin....two handed backhand.....love to force a short ball in the middle of the court and then I'll hit an angled winner...

my serve is OK....low 100s back in the day but not all that powerful....nice kick second serve.....I volley OK......ended up being a decent doubles player ........ always had a pretty good return of serve.....

Favorite players back then...Connors, Borg, Becker, now I like Federer.....

what else can I say.......any advice on racquets would be appreicated, I'd stick with my ultra fpk 95 but I can't find any of them and only have one left which is a bit beat up.....I break strings a fair amount due to the topspin and taking a pretty big cut at the ball so I need 2-3 frames (the same) in my bag.....

love to play on your 4.0 team :-D

I like in the NW suburbs of Chicago