PDA

View Full Version : Volkl Tour 8 & Tour 8 SE

aidenous
09-28-2007, 10:21 AM
Anyone know the differences between the Volkl Tour 8 and the Tour 8 SE and has anyone hit with these? I have the opportunity to pick up either or both of these for almost nothing.

insiderman
09-30-2007, 02:25 PM
length - the SE is only different in being 27" & not 27.5" - obviously the balance, etc changes when cut-down, but the same 'bat'...

couch
09-30-2007, 04:10 PM
Anyone know the differences between the Volkl Tour 8 and the Tour 8 SE and has anyone hit with these? I have the opportunity to pick up either or both of these for almost nothing.

aidenous, the Tour 8 and the Tour 8 SE models are not really close to the same racquet. The biggest difference you'll see is in the weight. I think the SE is about an oz. lighter than the Tour 8. I don't think I'ver ever hit the SE but I've had a couple of friends who play the Tour 8 that have demoed the SE and they hated it. Just not enough weight.

Not sure what you're using currently but if you can pick one of these two, the Tour 8 is by far the better option. Not sure if you remember but I'm in Louisville also and a lot of the guys I hit and/or play with still use the Tour 8 as do I. I think the Tour 8 was one of Volkl's best offerings.

Let me know if you need anything else.

aidenous
09-30-2007, 04:52 PM
Hey thanks Couch. I remember you were playing at LIRC on Wednesday nights. LIRC had a nice party we went to last night from 7-11.

ollinger
09-30-2007, 06:55 PM
You can take the boy out of "bad vibes" but you can't take the "bad vibes" out of the boy.