PDA

View Full Version : Head Microgel Extreme Pro or Head Flexpoint Prestige Midplus?

quest01
09-28-2007, 03:04 PM
I was thinking about buying a new racket and i was wondering what you people think is the better racket overall?

Please do not reply with a question

Thanks

gjoc
09-28-2007, 03:40 PM
I was thinking about buying a new racket and i was wondering what you people think is the better racket overall?

Thanks

Why donít you want a reply with a question?

quest01
09-28-2007, 07:36 PM
Why donít you want a reply with a question?

Its because i would like an answer.

gjoc
09-28-2007, 07:55 PM
Well, of those two, I would say that I think the Prestige is the better racquet overall.

Which of those two do you think is the better racquet overall?

JW10S
09-28-2007, 08:08 PM
The racquets are very different. Which one is 'better' will vary from player to player depending on their preferences. You have to try them and make up your own mind. Asking people who have never seen you play or who you have never seen play really doesn't tell you much at all.

Seansaysrawr21
09-28-2007, 08:16 PM
Why don’t you want a reply with a question?

your attempt at trying to be funny has resulted in a epic fail

gjoc
09-29-2007, 01:33 AM
your attempt at trying to be funny has resulted in a epic fail

It wasn’t really an attempt at trying to be funny, actually.

Why did you just post a snide remark instead of helpfully answering his question? :roll:

Was it because there’s no legitimate way to answer a question like that about two such totally different racquets without knowing something about the OP’s game, which requires asking him some questions since he didn’t volunteer any information, or was it because that’s just all you’re capable of?

Duzza
09-29-2007, 02:09 AM

Thanks

Do you want a stiff or flexy racquet?
Do you like a closed or open pattern?
Do you like heavy or light?
I feel like these are some questions that should be answered?

In all seriousness, the Prestige.

AndrewD
09-29-2007, 02:20 AM
quest01,

You should have included a poll. People would have answered the question via their vote and you wouldn't get all the fluff.

I preferred the feel (bit more flex, bit more weight) of the Flexpoint Prestige Midplus so it gets my vote.

BMG
10-01-2007, 08:54 AM
The Extreme Pro that I hit with was a rocket launcher and felt very stiff. But it was much easier to control with a poly hybrid. I thought it had a large sweetspot and it was a bit heavy swinging (330ish sw?). Great at spin generation and if in the hands of someone that can control the power I think it is a great stick.

The Flexpoint Prestige MP is obviously a completely different animal. It is more control oriented and more comfortable. I am going to give it a good long look to see if it is my next frame. Dense string pattern and a swingweight in the low/mid 320 range. This would be my choice.