PDA

View Full Version : Lead Tape & Arm Soreness: SW or static?

yemenmocha
09-28-2007, 04:35 PM
I've finally found a lead tape configuration on my nBlade that I like but I've noticed that when I have to play more than once on a day that my forearm is extremely sore. My racquets have a static weight of around 12.9 ounces depending on grip/string, and I haven't performed an exact calculation but my racquet feels more swingweighty than stock racquets that are 340-350ish. The exact SW doesn' matter for my question though, which is...

To lighten things for my arm, is it more important that I make minor adjustments to the swingweight (go more headlight) or do I try to maintain the current balance and lower the static weight mostly (remove some from head and butt)?

In other words, is the forearm fatigue mostly due to higher Swingweight or static weight?

ps60
09-29-2007, 12:50 AM
SW is measure around an axis 10 cm from the racket butt. When we play, we probably rotate our whole body around one 10 cm from our butt :D. (unless U are very poor player, who don't turn yr body at all) So, even a headlight racket can have a serious pull on our arm and its joints if it is too heavy. I'd say both count, better lose some weight.

my main sticks are 340g, 31.5cm to 32.3cm. And my weak elbow scream everytime i need to do a flip chasing down a ball at the forehand corner. SW about 325 or lower but the static weight still counts

yemenmocha
09-30-2007, 09:29 AM
Thanks for the reply.

Anyone else?