PDA

View Full Version : Filtered post in Sale/Trade section?

cukoo
09-28-2007, 05:57 PM
Hi, I've been wanting to sell a racquet and a shoe that I no longer use. I posted in the For Sale/Trade section a couple times but it rarely gets posted the next day. Am I doing something wrong, I included the grip size, condition and contct email... I just wanted to know why it has not been going through.

Thanks

diredesire
09-29-2007, 10:27 AM
shoot spencer or I an e-mail. I can look into it for you, but it's best if you have the original post saved. (Spencer will probably be the go-to guy for this sort of issue, though).

TW Staff
10-01-2007, 05:44 AM
cukoo,

email me your ad at discussadmin@tennis-warehouse.com and I'll let you know what the issue is.

Thanks.

Spencer, TW.

cukoo
10-07-2007, 08:12 AM
shoot spencer or I an e-mail. I can look into it for you, but it's best if you have the original post saved. (Spencer will probably be the go-to guy for this sort of issue, though).

Okay, I didn't have my original ad saved that time.

But a couple days ago I tried posting 2 old racquets in the "For Sale" Section and it still didn't get through. This was the message I was trying to post:

Up for sale/trade is a Donnay Formula Pro in a beautiful neon green/blue colorway.
Grip is 4 1/2.
Info from TENNIS magazine 1990:

Donnay Formula Pro $200

Hitting area: 97sq in. Weight 12 1/4 oz.
Maneuverability 4.0 Stiffness 3.8
Shock dampening 4.1 Ball control 4.3
Rcmd tension 58-66 lbs
Balance 3/8-in H.L
Main/Cross strings 18/20
Materials Graphite, Fiberglass composite

Donnay's Formula Pro is the wide body version of Andre Agassi's conventional-width Pro One racquet
Its contoured beam provides a firm head and flexable shaft that gives adequate cushioning and moderate, yet predictable, power.
The dense string pattern and stiff head create a flat ball response at the mid-tension rang. To improve power, spin potential and comfort, string at the lower end of the recommended tension range with a thin string.
Due to its heft, this model is best suited for baseline players with strong, established strokes.
The racquet features an extra-long leather grip for two-fisted players.

http://i12.tinypic.com/4xysrhx.jpg

----------------
Wilson Jack Kramer Autograph
Grip 4 1/2. Covers with cover, great playable condition.

If interested, email me are iamfroogle@gmail.com
I am open to offers/trades.

Also, in the "Wanted" I posted a message looking for strings and it didn't go through also. I do not have it saved but I basically wrote that I was looking for cyber flash in guage 16 or 17, sets or reels, old or new. Then I added my email. I followed the same format of another poster that was asking for strings in the "Wanted" section but his went through and mine did not.

What am I doing wrong here?

Thanks for reading.

TW Staff
10-07-2007, 08:32 AM
Concerning the Donnay, you do not mention the condition of the racquet anywhere in the ad, and most times we do not look at the photos as they do not show up in the "que" mode.

Concerning the string, I would have to see the ad, but I will say that we do not allow the sale of string on Talk Tennis. Trade only, and there is a thread for that.

Spencer, TW.

cukoo
10-07-2007, 08:37 AM
Concerning the Donnay, you do not mention the condition of the racquet anywhere in the ad, and most times we do not look at the photos as they do not show up in the "que" mode.

Concerning the string, I would have to see the ad, but I will say that we do not allow the sale of string on Talk Tennis. Trade only, and there is a thread for that.

Spencer, TW.

The condition, I see. Thanks for clearing that up.

As for he strings, I don't want to point anyone out or come off as being rude, but I've actually seen a lot of post of people looking for strings in the Wanted section.

TW Staff
10-07-2007, 08:39 AM
The condition, I see. Thanks for clearing that up.

As for he strings, I don't want to point anyone out or come off as being rude, but I've actually seen a lot of post of people looking for strings in the Wanted section.

As long as they're looking for a trade, it's okay. However, if we've missed some, we'll take a look. Thanks for the heads up.

Spencer, TW.

Jonny S&V
10-07-2007, 08:45 AM
As long as they're looking for a trade, it's okay. However, if we've missed some, we'll take a look. Thanks for the heads up.

Spencer, TW.

OOOOOO! Someone's so busted! GO CUKOO!