PDA

View Full Version : I've got a couple of questions.

StanHWB
09-28-2007, 08:09 PM
Is the POG still being manufactured by Prince? Yes, I know they are still being sold but are they still in production?

Are the US K90s made in USA or China?

Much thanks in advance.

A.T.S.
09-28-2007, 08:56 PM
1. From what I have heard, no. They are not in production or, are stopping production in the near future.

2. Both I believe. Just slightly different specs.

StanHWB
09-28-2007, 11:07 PM
Anyone with excellent knowledge on Prince racquets on the board?

BreakPoint
09-29-2007, 12:35 AM
Yes, Prince is still making the POG. That's how TW has been able to continue to restock it over the past several years. It's still in the Prince catalogs.

ALL Wilson racquets (as well as all other brands besides some Yonex models) are made in China. I don't believe Wilson has made tennis racquets in the US in over 20 years.

Deuce
09-29-2007, 01:55 AM
What were the most recent racquets made in the U.S., and when?

A.T.S.
09-29-2007, 07:09 AM
Yes, Prince is still making the POG. That's how TW has been able to continue to restock it over the past several years. It's still in the Prince catalogs.

ALL Wilson racquets (as well as all other brands besides some Yonex models) are made in China. I don't believe Wilson has made tennis racquets in the US in over 20 years.

Oh ok my mistake. Sorry, just tryin to help.

MichaelChang
09-29-2007, 07:13 AM

Hi BP, which Yonex model is not made in China? Thanks.

slice bh compliment
09-29-2007, 07:18 AM
...ALL Wilson racquets (as well as all other brands besides some Yonex models) are made in China. I don't believe Wilson has made tennis racquets in the US in over 20 years.

Yeah, in Taiwan I believe. Kunan Lo....basically the Pro Kennex factory.

Other exceptions might be a few HEADS made in either Slovak Republic or Austria.

Wasn't there a manufacturer making sticks in Belgium again a while ago? Was it Snauweart or Donnay?
And someone was making sticks in England, too.

But yeah, like BP said, it's all in China now.

As I understand it, they are even making lead tape over there.;-)

vsbabolat
09-29-2007, 07:38 AM
Yeah, in Taiwan I believe. Kunan Lo....basically the Pro Kennex factory.

Other exceptions might be a few HEADS made in either Slovak Republic or Austria.

Wasn't there a manufacturer making sticks in Belgium again a while ago? Was it Snauweart or Donnay?
And someone was making sticks in England, too.

But yeah, like BP said, it's all in China now.

As I understand it, they are even making lead tape over there.;-)

HEAD use to Manufacture racquets in Austria and the Czech Republic. Since 2005 HEAD has all consumer racquets made in China.

Dunlop and Slazenger made racquets in England. The last Dunlop racquet that was made in England was the Max 200G Pro in 1992.

Snauwaert and Donnay made racquets in Belgium. Snauwaert is now out of business and Donnay was bought by Sports Direct in 1996. In 2005 Sports Direct bought Dunlop/Slazenger http://sports-direct-international.com/main.asp?pid=19 . During the wood era Donnay and Snauwaert were the two biggest OEM at that time.

vsbabolat
09-29-2007, 08:01 AM
What were the most recent racquets made in the U.S., and when?

The last racquets made in U.S.A. were HEAD in 1988 and Fox I think in around 1989 or 1990 maybe as late as 1991 I can't quite remember clearly now. Up untill that point all HEAD Composite racquets that were for the U.S. Market were made in Boulder, Colorado, U.S.A. and all the Composite racquets for Europe were made in Kennelbach, Austria. All of the Aluminum racquets for both U.S. and European markets were made in Boulder, Colorado, U.S.A.

Hi BP, which Yonex model is not made in China? Thanks.

All of Yonex High Performance tennis racquets are Made in Japan. If you got to:
http://www.yonex.com/tennis/racquets/rqis.html
http://www.yonex.com/tennis/racquets/rd.html
http://www.yonex.com/tennis/racquets/rq.html
All of the racquets listed have made in Japan at the bottom right of each discription of the racquet.