PDA

View Full Version : Prince Speedport Black Question??????????

Tennis16
09-28-2007, 08:38 PM
If anyone has played this racket I am trying to find out if it plays arm friendly as a result of the port technology ? I realize it has a flex of 70 which is stiff, but I was interested in feedback from people who have played it. Thanks

Oxford
09-28-2007, 09:45 PM
I just got in from Demoing it against my Babolat Roddic Pure Drive and a Prince 03 Speeedport Tour demo.

It had a little more shock and vibration than my PDR but that racquet has the cortex core and is like butter anyway. But there is NOT alot of shock to it compared to many others i have been demoing. It was less than the Speedport.

What I liked alot was how you could whip it around and get great spin on driving shots. The light head-weight was great. Of all the racquets I have ever tested against my PDR, this one made me take notice. The power was a little less and that was good. I had great control FH and BH and touch shots. Serving was amazing with tons of spin. It had a bright and snappy feel but not a loss of control feel.

What freaked me out was I switching racquets between games and only winning when I had the SPBlack in my hand. Rallies were longer and my power shots were landing in.

If I had not just ordered a POG yesterday, I would buy this racquet. Heck, i might anyway.

Since I only played it for about an hour I cannot tell you how it would affect my arm over time. I'm not sure I answered your question but hope this helps some.

Good playing

ox

galatti
09-30-2007, 04:53 PM
If anyone has played this racket I am trying to find out if it plays arm friendly as a result of the port technology ? I realize it has a flex of 70 which is stiff, but I was interested in feedback from people who have played it. Thanks

It's very confortable with the string ports inserted. Never tried the string holes though. Can anyone comment?

Two Fister
09-30-2007, 08:04 PM
It's very confortable with the string ports inserted. Never tried the string holes though. Can anyone comment?

Tried it both ways and it was more comfy with the string ports, although with string holes were not bad to begin with. With string ports it has a slightly muted feeling (similar to, but way less muted than the original O3 Tour).

I prefer it with the string ports. Less pinging noise, too.