PDA

View Full Version : TW video reviews

TheShaun
09-29-2007, 12:31 PM
which products have video reviews? is there a page with all of them on it so i don't have to search the whole site?

TW Staff
09-29-2007, 02:02 PM
So far, we only have 2 racquet video reviews up: Becker 11 and most recently, the Fischer M Pro Number 1 98. Both of which are on our main webpage.

http://www.tennis-warehouse.com/reviews/B11/B11Review.html

http://www.tennis-warehouse.com/reviews/MP198S/MP198SReview.html

Please Enjoy!

Jason, TW

TheShaun
09-29-2007, 02:59 PM
thanks! :).

Sinner
10-01-2007, 01:15 PM
TW Staff... is there a page where all your videos are listed (reviews, Vblogs, etc)? thanks...

TW Staff
10-01-2007, 01:49 PM
TW Staff... is there a page where all your videos are listed (reviews, Vblogs, etc)? thanks...

Not yet but it is in the works and should be posted soon.

Chris, TW

Safina
10-02-2007, 09:12 AM
Jason Huang (aka goofy Nadal :) ) looks like he has some of the better strokes but is rated lower at 4.0.
Does he lose to Granville, Chris, and others?????
Spencer actually looks like the best player to me...
Who owns the TW singles ladder?

TW Staff
10-02-2007, 11:01 AM
Thank you for the kudos! The ratings do reflect how we do against each other. On occasion, I can hold my own against the 4.5's, but, unfortunately, thats few and far between. Granville is still the reigning champ of the playtesters.

Jason, TW

PS. I like to call my Nadal pose, "Deer in Headlights"

TW Staff
10-02-2007, 11:36 AM
Jason Huang (aka goofy Nadal :) ) looks like he has some of the better strokes but is rated lower at 4.0.
Does he lose to Granville, Chris, and others?????
Spencer actually looks like the best player to me...
Who owns the TW singles ladder?

Thanks for the vote of confidence, however, I have yet to beat either Granville or Chris. I will say that getting to play with these guys has made me a better player mentally, as well as physically. I agree with Jason that the NTRP ratings are in line and do reflect how we do against each other.

Spencer, TW.

keithchircop
10-03-2007, 01:32 AM
Which of you TW guys has the biggest serve?

0d1n
10-03-2007, 02:27 AM
Which of you TW guys has the biggest serve?

I liked Chris's serving technique from the Volkl review. Have G serve in the next one will you?? :) There are a number of morons in the rackets section who have way too much "theoretical knowledge" and started bashing the video reviews, based on a couple of warm up shots (i.e Ryan S hitting ONE slice BH).
I must admit that the volleying technique from Ryan K. in the MSpeed review made me go "oooough...no" but all the rest look OK and true to rating (from the limited video footage which is no way near enough, and also my NTRP expertise which is limited to what I've read since I'm not from the USA).
I must congratulate you for the great addition to the reviews since it adds a new dimension to them especially for guys like me who don't have direct experience with NTRP rating. Have the players hit a bit more intensely and it will be even better (i.e some drills instead of warm up type shots...or even some match footage).

PS Please make Ryan K hit some ground strokes next time ... we've seen enough volleying (joke...don't take it the wrong way ;) ).

TW Staff
10-03-2007, 07:37 AM
Though none of us (that have participated in the two videos) have a big serve, I would say Gran has the most effective serve. It tends to sneak up on you with faster pace than you anticipate, and he disguises and places them well.

Od1n and keithchircop, thanks for appreciating what we're trying to do here with the videos. Od1n, I think you've hit the nail on the head with hitting more intensely, to show more realistic strokes. This is something we've already discussed for the next review.

Spencer, TW.

keithchircop
10-03-2007, 07:50 AM
Yeah, I think the video reviews are pretty cool. Keep it up. It would be a good idea to include a girl playtester for the lighter racquets. I know you often use female playtesters for the reviews. I was expecting one to show up for the M Speed Pro 1 Ultra light.

jorel
10-03-2007, 12:36 PM
Yeah, I think the video reviews are pretty cool. Keep it up. It would be a good idea to include a girl playtester for the lighter racquets. I know you often use female playtesters for the reviews. I was expecting one to show up for the M Speed Pro 1 Ultra light.

pick a hot one....

jk

sorta