PDA

View Full Version : Hate Prince's cosmetics design/What's your fav design?

Tenny
03-18-2004, 10:44 AM
Whenever I encounter a prince racquet, I cannot help sighing. Recently I saw a 3rd generation design POG. I had a great expectation but simply disappointed. POG's cosmetic is getting worse (My favorite POG is first generation with one green stripe). I think their design team must consist of ... I don't know. I just don't like their idea (color, material-hate some TT's rubbery painting). Nowaday, I play mainly head. Partly because they look great! I also love Wilson PS 6.0 95s.

What's your favorite 'Pretty' racquet? Ever attractive all black with minimal logo...(like Prince experimental?)?------Tenny

@wright
03-18-2004, 10:59 AM
I like the design and paint of the Volkl V-10, but it's still not as great as the C-9 and C10 Pro, those were some of the best looking racquets ever IMO. I think the LM Prestige looks great, and the RDX 500 looks pretty good too. Of course the Prestige Classic looks great, and I think my RD Power 10's look great with burgundy/black paint and gold lettering.

Rocky Top
03-18-2004, 11:03 AM
I think if most players are honest, they would admit that cosmetics play a big role in their initial reactions to frames. I know that practically every racquet I've ever really liked was a simple design - the POG, the 6.0 95, the PC 600, etc. I know some people really go for the bright, flashy stuff and that's ok, but I think it's interesting that in the "design your own racquet" post most people said their stick would be straight black.

That said, I don't expect simple to make a comeback anytime soon. The manufacturers need to turn a profit, and they can't endorse pros playing with nondescript frames that can't be made out on TV.

Tenny
03-18-2004, 11:22 AM
What I like about my PS6.0 95 is it looks very professional. It looks serious. I love it all letterings. But POG, except the very first one-one green stripe, is disappointing. They deserve much better outfits! The final version looks like a overlaping of both design. Green stripe and golden stripe and large logo wrapping around the frame... NXGraphites didn't disappiont me by not disappointing me. I know they are all good racquets but... yeah, one of the main reason I recently became a Head-player is, I admit, their cool looking design. If I feel good with the racquet, I play well. I agree they have to make money. I just dislike some designs and believe the great POG deserves a great design! I wish I can paint my POGs with dull/shiny black without any logo etc. Can I do it with a spray paint? Would it ruin my POGs? Tenny

jayserinos99
03-18-2004, 11:41 AM
Tenny, I still have yet to hit with my Pro Tour 280s that I painted matte black (they look like iPrestiges, minus the gray). But to answer your POG paint question, you can take off the paint and then use primer, paint and clear coat finish to make your frames black or whatever color you want to make it. Bear in mind it's a pain staking process and you can ruin your POGs if not done correctly.

irishbanger
03-21-2004, 07:49 PM
Best looking racket of alltime is the Prince Warrior--all white.

tschevap
03-22-2004, 09:59 AM
I agree! I love the Warrior-design...

Tenny
03-22-2004, 12:41 PM
TT warrior?
Sorry guys but as soon as I pulled warrior OS from the box, I was ... Maybe the white color was OK but I didn't like the material. Kind of rubbery white instead of shiny/smooth white. Does it get dirty soon? Anyway, I hit with the warrior about 10 min then I picked up my Ti Radical. I am considering selling my warrior...did I make a too quick decision? Many people seem to like the frame.

* If you are given a BMW 300 series, would you pick up a white one or black one?

edge
03-22-2004, 02:18 PM
I like the silver and yelow look of the Zone 7.1

kreative
03-22-2004, 02:56 PM
tenny, if new, i'd go with black, then sell/trade it for an Infinity G35, or Lancer EVO. that is, unless it's an M3 :shock:

racquet-wise, i personally like the chang original, and chang ti, followed by (in no particular order) the pure drive, prestige classic, prestige pro (grey/green), experimental 1, and mw 200G

Audiodude
03-22-2004, 03:46 PM
Anyone who mentions the EVO in a discussion about cosmetics is seriously handicapping his opinion. Phenomenal performance, but you need to park it next to an Aztec to make it palatable. The G35 is quite another story, though.