PDA

View Full Version : So is Messi the best player in the world or what?

dima
09-30-2007, 05:58 PM
That kid is a genius on the field, I don't see anybody playing better football than him atm. Kaka/Totti/Ronaldinho are miles behind him.

Feña14
09-30-2007, 08:00 PM
Yeah I think Messi and Kaka are out in front right now, they are way ahead of anyone else.

Everytime I think about who might be the best out of the two, my mind always goes back to the goal Kaka scored against Argentina where he ran the length of the pitch (even with the ball, Kaka was quicker than Messi) so I feel Kaka is slightly better in my mind, but not by much.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fqmsVc4eCdM

jmsx521
09-30-2007, 09:46 PM
Pele! And I don't even watch soccer.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vy2LI6y5rDI

mcpon
09-30-2007, 10:08 PM
How about Henry?

PM_revisited
09-30-2007, 10:32 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zrao0ROwpAM

forget henry

dima
10-01-2007, 05:38 AM
How about Henry?

Lol! Not even close, not even with a hat trick last game.

dima
10-01-2007, 05:40 AM
Yeah I think Messi and Kaka are out in front right now, they are way ahead of anyone else.

Everytime I think about who might be the best out of the two, my mind always goes back to the goal Kaka scored against Argentina where he ran the length of the pitch (even with the ball, Kaka was quicker than Messi) so I feel Kaka is slightly better in my mind, but not by much.

Well I'll give you that, but in my mind I still think Messi wins more matches for his team.

PM_revisited
10-01-2007, 09:34 AM

Kaka is NOT quicker/faster than Messi. Look at the time of goal, it was at 88 minutes! Messi was tired and Kaka had just subbed in. Anyone judging the speed difference of the two based on that goal alone needs to think again...

Feña14
10-01-2007, 10:54 AM
Kaka is NOT quicker/faster than Messi. Look at the time of goal, it was at 88 minutes! Messi was tired and Kaka had just subbed in. Anyone judging the speed difference of the two based on that goal alone needs to think again...

Messi's not my type of player. He's skillful but he doesn't have the all round talents of Kaka.

dima
10-01-2007, 11:43 AM
His all around talents include scoring and passing, what else would you need?

Jonnyf
10-01-2007, 01:41 PM
hmmm, well Kaka's awesome, (especially after he put celtic out last year and will do the same on wednesday.) He's not as quick as messi imo but he's got a greater all round game. Messi's quicker and possibly the better finisher but I'll give you my opinion of him in a fortnight when I see him live ;-) (Thats when Rangers take barca out! then we go to the camp nou and get hum***

dima
10-01-2007, 02:59 PM
You're delusional.

vkartikv
10-01-2007, 03:59 PM
Cristiano Ronaldo

dima
10-01-2007, 04:25 PM
Cristiano Ronaldo

NOOOOOOOOOOOT

He's good, but I still think Ronaldinho, Kaka and maybe Totti are better than him.

KoreanHB
10-01-2007, 04:34 PM
my vote goes for Christiano ronaldo for ball handling and power on his shots.

javier sergio
10-01-2007, 05:11 PM
That kid is a genius on the field, I don't see anybody playing better football than him atm. Kaka/Totti/Ronaldinho are miles behind him.

any doubts ?

javier sergio
10-01-2007, 05:14 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ebs7Qe2nmOI

PM_revisited
10-01-2007, 08:25 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ebs7Qe2nmOI

We're talking about the present...

dima
10-02-2007, 05:24 AM

Plus, Pele is/was better than tlhe drug sniffing hand of god Maradona.

javier sergio
10-02-2007, 07:45 AM

after Maradona the soccer game is over for me......

vkartikv
10-02-2007, 08:34 AM
if you're talking about the all-time best, it's Van Basten

diegaa
10-02-2007, 08:37 AM
well, you cant deny messi's flair, but lets wait he faces a WC. The WC is the graduation ceremony for these kind of players. if he is able to do well in 2010 (plus all he is doing and will do till we get there) he will be considered the best. untill then, we can keep discussing the issue for ever.

diegaa
10-02-2007, 08:38 AM

LMAO, good one....... wait, it's a joke, right?

javier sergio
10-02-2007, 11:28 AM

Van Basten, who? :confused:

javier sergio
10-02-2007, 11:29 AM
LMAO, good one....... wait, it's a joke, right?

I agree, this must be a joke or this guy must be thinking about another sport

javier sergio
10-02-2007, 11:30 AM
Diegaa; I agree, this must be a joke or this guy must be thinking about some other sport not soccer..........

Feña14
10-02-2007, 01:19 PM
I've never seen Ronaldo play a good game or do anything special against a good team.

He bashes mid table sides in the Premier League but look at performances he put in against AC Milan in the Champions League semi final (Gattuso made him look ordinary) and whenever he's played against Chelsea or England Ashley Cole has made him look ordinary too.

As Diegaa says, you have to judge a player by how he plays on the big stage and Ronaldo, as of yet, hasn't performed.

diegaa
10-02-2007, 01:45 PM
I've never seen Ronaldo play a good game or do anything special against a good team.

He bashes mid table sides in the Premier League but look at performances he put in against AC Milan in the Champions League semi final (Gattuso made him look ordinary) and whenever he's played against Chelsea or England Ashley Cole has made him look ordinary too.

As Diegaa says, you have to judge a player by how he plays on the big stage and Ronaldo, as of yet, hasn't performed.

wow, we agreed, cant believe it!! :shock:
;)

forzainter
10-02-2007, 02:06 PM
Marco Van Basten, european football player of the year three times, world player of the year once, 276 goals in 11 years in a career cut short by injury;)

Feña14
10-02-2007, 02:24 PM
Marco Van Basten, european football player of the year three times, world player of the year once, 276 goals in 11 years in a career cut short by injury;)

And if you read The Sun.. soon to be Chelsea manager! lol

forzainter
10-02-2007, 02:25 PM
^^^ lets hope he doesnt lower his standards and the sun is just telling lies;) :p

Feña14
10-02-2007, 03:11 PM
^^^ lets hope he doesnt lower his standards and the sun is just telling lies;) :p

:-o Cheeky $"!t lol

jmsx521
10-02-2007, 05:41 PM
I think Messi messed-up with the hand here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4u6cR3cGonw&mode=related&search=
By now, 20 years after the Maradona incident, they should've been equipped with some sort of Hi Res cameras to tell if he really scored with his head or hand.

oscar_2424
10-02-2007, 05:44 PM
Teofilo Cubillas

javier sergio
10-03-2007, 05:58 AM
Teofilo Cubillas

don't tell me you saw him playing :confused: how old are you?

javier sergio
10-03-2007, 06:19 AM
I think Messi messed-up with the hand here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4u6cR3cGonw&mode=related&search=
By now, 20 years after the Maradona incident, they should've been equipped with some sort of Hi Res cameras to tell if he really scored with his head or hand.

is this one a valid one?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qwhxNzAaLDQ

my_forehand
10-03-2007, 07:00 AM
Henry is the best hands down

diegaa
10-03-2007, 07:27 AM

man you have a lag. your words would have been true 2/3 years ago.

oscar_2424
10-03-2007, 07:29 AM
don't tell me you saw him playing :confused: how old are you?

of course i did, he retired in 1989, am 26, btw that goal from Ricardo GAreca in 1985 against PErU wasnt legit, Pasarella estaba adelantado LADRONES@

oscar_2424
10-03-2007, 07:30 AM
man you have a lag. your words would have been true 2/3 years ago.

dude u talk only about ping pong go play with your barbies. NO sabes nada de FUTBOL!

diegaa
10-03-2007, 09:27 AM
dude u talk only about ping pong go play with your barbies. NO sabes nada de FUTBOL!

shhhhh, flaco, clasifiquense alguna vez para un mundial y luego charlamos.

oscar_2424
10-03-2007, 10:17 AM
y claro si compran a los arbitros para pasar como en el 85 o en el 69, menos mal que en el 69 clasificamos en la bombonera

SalvadorVeiga
10-03-2007, 10:38 AM
Pele! And I don't even watch soccer.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vy2LI6y5rDI

yeah sure he is good but for me players who haven't played in EUROPE can't make the cut of the best... brazilian football is awfully slow they have time for everything, that's why when they come to europe most of them are flops or they are really good (the extraordinary ones) by this i'm not saying pele wasn't part of the best but I rather choose Maradona, Eusebio, Cruyjf over him... people may say "oh yeah what about his success with Brazil ? " Yeah sure... but it was pele and 10 more of extraordinary talented guys Falcao, Zico, Garrincha, just to name a few, so it was easier for him since all attention couldn't be focused on him... for me eusebio was one of the best along with maradona... if you don't know who eusebio was...

Free kicks, dribbling, left foot, right foot, you name it...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kuKTTxdTLRM

you can clearly see from both videos pele dribbled and ran in a slow/moderate pace... unlike the ones in europe where football is played in a much much faster pace...

dima
10-03-2007, 10:40 AM
yeah sure he is good but for me players who haven't played in EUROPE can't make the cut of the best... brazilian football is awfully slow they have time for everything, that's why when they come to europe most of them are flops or they are really good (the extraordinary ones) by this i'm not saying pele wasn't part of the best but I rather choose Maradona, Eusebio, Cruyjf over him... people may say "oh yeah what about his success with Brazil ? " Yeah sure... but it was pele and 10 more of extraordinary talented guys Falcao, Zico, Garrincha, just to name a few, so it was easier for him since all attention couldn't be focused on him... for me eusebio was one of the best along with maradona... if you don't know who eusebio was...

Free kicks, dribbling, left foot, right foot, you name it...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kuKTTxdTLRM

you can clearly see from both videos pele dribbled and ran in a slow/moderate pace... unlike the ones in europe where football is played in a much much faster pace...

Yup, and the other players in World Cup slowed down so that Pele could catch up with them right?

SalvadorVeiga
10-03-2007, 10:44 AM

actually ronaldo already played a world cup last year and was one of the best considered by the press...he took portugal to a 4th place...but i agree with you...he's not the best he still has to grow and stop being a cry baby and a star wannabe...i think success is getting in his head too much... and actually about ashley cole he's already told that the toughest defender he has ever faced was ashley cole... he said and I quote " ...(...) it's like he is in my mind, he can read all my moves..." he said that to a portuguese news station

RESPONSE TO LAST POST : Yeah but Brazil was not Pele alone..I mentioned it on my previous post actually..... for some reason Eusebio is still the best scorer in a single world cup... It's not like he slowed down but the team of brazil had such big names that of course if Pele could be blocked there were still 10 other amazing players doing the business... I would choose Eusebio, Cruijf, Maradona over Pele he never played outside Brazil ! but by that I don't mean to say he was not a great player he was, but I think people overrate him too much

forzainter
10-03-2007, 12:03 PM
i thought when they were talking about not playing a world cup they were talking about Lionel not Ronaldo:confused:

diegaa
10-03-2007, 12:19 PM
y claro si compran a los arbitros para pasar como en el 85 o en el 69, menos mal que en el 69 clasificamos en la bombonera

posta, hace cuanto que no nos ganan???

oscar_2424
10-03-2007, 12:22 PM

es chiste verdad?

javier sergio
10-03-2007, 12:26 PM

desde 1910 creo..........

oscar_2424
10-03-2007, 12:26 PM
desde 1910 creo..........

uuy se agrando Chacarita

diegaa
10-03-2007, 12:29 PM
no, en serio. no me acuerdo :rolleyes:

oscar_2424
10-03-2007, 12:30 PM
no, en serio. no me acuerdo :rolleyes:

porque no te acuerdas cuando Bilardo lo mando a camino a romperle la pierna a franco navarro porque se morian de miedo del popular FRANCOGOL

diegaa
10-03-2007, 12:39 PM
ese muerto jugó en Independiente. Sólo por eso no merecia vivir!!!! :lol:

oscar_2424
10-03-2007, 12:40 PM
ese muerto jugó en Independiente. Sólo por eso no merecia vivir!!!! :lol:

el mas grande de argentina el ROJO

diegaa
10-03-2007, 12:42 PM
jaja, ni en pedo. de ese equipo me acuerdo tambien del paraguayo barbudo delgado. otro que era de carton.

oscar_2424
10-03-2007, 12:43 PM
jaja, ni en pedo. de ese equipo me acuerdo tambien del paraguayo barbudo delgado. otro que era de carton.

y al mas grande de todos los timepos el BOCHA

diegaa
10-03-2007, 12:43 PM
pero el punto es que sois de madera. su ultimo idolo fue del solar... madre mia.

dima
10-03-2007, 12:44 PM
Oh great :rolleyes: They started speaking spanish.

PM_revisited
10-03-2007, 12:54 PM

lmao don't tell you bought that gillette commercial with tiger and federer...
henry is yesterday's news.

Feña14
10-03-2007, 03:32 PM
... and actually about ashley cole he's already told that the toughest defender he has ever faced was ashley cole... he said and I quote " ...(...) it's like he is in my mind, he can read all my moves..." he said that to a portuguese news station

That's interesting! I didn't hear about that interview but it's no real surprise. Ashley Cole has a habit of playing fantastically against the best wingers in the world but when he comes up against a lesser team, he doesn't do so well which is frustrating. It's like he needs a huge challenge to produce his best, last year in the games Wayne Bridge played he was probably better but Cole's big performances in the games are what people remember.

WillAlwaysLoveYouTennis
10-05-2007, 01:44 PM
Messi again "setting the table" as the commentator said! Goal Lev Barcelona...

dima
10-05-2007, 02:14 PM
RESPONSE TO LAST POST : Yeah but Brazil was not Pele alone..I mentioned it on my previous post actually..... for some reason Eusebio is still the best scorer in a single world cup... It's not like he slowed down but the team of brazil had such big names that of course if Pele could be blocked there were still 10 other amazing players doing the business... I would choose Eusebio, Cruijf, Maradona over Pele he never played outside Brazil ! but by that I don't mean to say he was not a great player he was, but I think people overrate him too much

I was almost positive he played futbol here in the US.

Jonnyf
10-05-2007, 02:54 PM
I was almost positive he played futbol here in the US.

And dima, you're spot on he played some footie in the US of A

So americans: Whats your opinion of Demarcus Beasley? He's doing quite well over here so was just wondering?!

Jonnyf
10-23-2007, 08:53 AM
Matchday 3 in the Champions League tonight and Lionel Messi is dropping by Ibrox tonight, Shame he's going to lose

forzainter
10-23-2007, 08:55 AM
Matchday 3 in the Champions League tonight and Lionel Messi is dropping by Ibrox tonight, Shame he's going to lose

Ha, I dont believe it, Lyon are nothign compared to Barca now, and they have Messi, the best player in the world, he'll rip rangers apart

Jonnyf
10-24-2007, 12:04 PM
Ha, I dont believe it, Lyon are nothign compared to Barca now, and they have Messi, the best player in the world, he'll rip rangers apart

No more comments?? Didn't think so! The "best player in the world" looked pretty average for the majority of last night. Hmmmm, just look at all the Barca players who were going to "rip rangers apart" now saying Rangers are going through to the last 16

forzainter
10-24-2007, 12:10 PM
meh, that match doesnt matter, INTEr going all the way, they beat fena14s team in fifa 08 (even if i didn only score 1 victory over him) and that proves they can do it in real life:?;)

Feña14
10-24-2007, 12:46 PM
meh, that match doesnt matter, INTEr going all the way, they beat fena14s team in fifa 08 (even if i didn only score 1 victory over him) and that proves they can do it in real life:?;)

Haha!

What about the times your Inter lost? ;)

It's because Barca don't have Kaka, the best player in the world, that's why they couldn't get the job done.

tbini87
10-24-2007, 02:41 PM
just watched some videos, and that guy is impressive!