PDA

View Full Version : Please listen to this

splink779
11-09-2004, 12:36 PM
I would really appreciate it if I could get some feedback on my band. I'm not really promoting it, since we are so small that we dont sell anything and we can only play shows over the summer and breaks due to college. I would just like to hear some opinions. We are an alternative/punk rock band, and we recorded these songs by ourselves in our basement. The link is in my sig. I did guitars and bass on the songs. Hopefully we can get over 300 total plays by the end of the week. Thanks!

Camilio Pascual
11-10-2004, 01:24 PM
Okay here is your feedback.
Capital Punishment - liked it, sounded a little generic, but if I'd hear more of your music, I'd probably catch on to some nuances.
Disphoria - Sorry, sounds like the Clash with no direction or purpose.
Columbos Law - I liked this one a lot, it fits my musical tastes very well.
Other than the British Invasion bands of the late 60's, I like a lot of the 80's punk and dance music. I have minimalist tastes, e.g. The Pirates album "Out of Their Skulls" is one of the great garage band albums of all time. I had a shirt custom painted to resemble the cover, Lemmy of Motorhead tried to buy it off me in Crazy Mama's one night for a couple of hundred bucks. No sale, but we had a great conversation and the groupie spillover effect was awesome!!! The Pirates' "Shakin' All Over" is fantabulous. All in all, I'm sure I would enjoy your tunes in a live format. Good luck.

splink779
11-10-2004, 01:37 PM
Thanks. We actually do have more stuff at least 12 songs, none of them really sound alike. That can be a good thing and/or a bad thing. :D

silent bob
11-11-2004, 05:55 AM
My honest views

Capital Punishment - Boring and unoriginal
Disphoria - Just rubbish
Columbo - Finally, signs of potential! Not bad at all, but I think your vocalist is weak. Unless he can learn to maintain the emotion he conveyed toward the end of this song throughout an entire song, then you should upgrade.