PDA

View Full Version : Forehand sucks!

panathas13
10-01-2007, 01:25 AM
Guys my forehands sometimes are to hard for my friends(opponents too) but many times i cannot put the ball into the court. i noticed that i dont finish the whole move. is that a reason ?

Loco4Tennis
10-01-2007, 02:40 AM
look at some youtube videos on forhands, thats what i did for my backhand, then i read a lot online for proper technique, but the key thing thats going to keep the ball in play is the topspin or brushing the back of the ball on your swing and follow through
dont mess arround with the string tensions yet, learn proper technique first and then tweak, IMO

AceofBase
10-01-2007, 02:54 AM
just hit your forehand like you do with your backhand or something.

Sliceboy2
10-01-2007, 06:05 AM
It only means that you are hitting the ball too hard without control. Try the other way, hit with control and not too hard. Once you can control the ball, slowly work on the power, as power comes in, you got to work on the spin. Not easy as it sounds but power is nothing if no control.

Silent
10-01-2007, 06:30 AM
Yep it sounds like you're trying to rip the ball when you probably shouldn't. The fact it lands in sometimes makes you believe you can land those in every time, but you have to realize that you can't.

You have to recognize which position you're into: defense, offense, neutral rally. Once you understand this, you will know when to attack, when to defend, and when to rally. That concept is crucial on important points (30-30, deuce, break point, etc).

Oxford
10-01-2007, 11:47 AM
I did that alot until I had my PDR fitted with new strings at a higher tension. You might have a racquet that does not fit your style.

Demo a few to see what happens. And work on topspin.

JCo872
10-01-2007, 11:58 AM
Guys my forehands sometimes are to hard for my friends(opponents too) but many times i cannot put the ball into the court. i noticed that i dont finish the whole move. is that a reason ?

Absolutely that is a reason. You have to finish off every single shot. You need to get your stroke to follow the same path on every ball.