PDA

View Full Version : My tennis groundstrokes [VIDEO]

piva84
10-01-2007, 06:00 AM
A part of a training session with my sister. Please comment!!
Thanks

Pietro

http://it.youtube.com/watch?v=8UzX4-AwScc

piva84
10-01-2007, 01:51 PM
No comment?nothing?

Gee Willikers Batman!
10-01-2007, 02:00 PM
I don't like the camera view. I can't see anything.

AlpineCadet
10-01-2007, 02:01 PM
No comment?nothing?
WOW, YOU ARE INCREDIBLE!!!!!

(How's that?) :confused:

piva84
10-01-2007, 02:20 PM
Ok..I'm sorry..I can't understand where is the problem..I saw many video on this forum worse than mine..anyway I'm sorry for the quality..

lkdog
10-01-2007, 02:35 PM
Can't say for sure from looking at the video, but it appears that you are not shifting your weight into the ground strokes.
You appear to leave your weight on your backfoot on both the FH and BH side.

The actual stroke path looks decent, but my guess is that the ball is not very heavy or penetrating on the strokes that you do not shift your weight.

Uthree
10-01-2007, 06:36 PM
Hitting the shots off the back foot normally ok. My guess is that high fhs are not so easy for you. If so check your low right arm on the takeaway and the high left arm later in the swing.

Teh_pwnerer
10-01-2007, 07:37 PM
thats a beautiful clay court

TENNIS_IS_FUN
10-01-2007, 08:18 PM
Where is this??

Make sure you twist your torso so you can shift your weight into the shot, using your entire body. On your forehand you don't seem to be doing that.

tricky
10-01-2007, 09:54 PM
Looks like you're using the same grip on both wings. So I guess extreme SW grip for FH, and extreme Eastern/mild-SW for BH?

In your FH, you want to keep your racquet tip forward (i.e. pointing somewhat toward the net) before you initiate the forward swing.

You want the butt cap to point to the net ONLY from the forward motion of your hitting arm. In other words, the wrist will "snap" or lay back as you swing forward, and this will set up the butt cap toward the ball/net.

If you do this correctly, you should notice that your weight distribution is much better. Also you'll probably need a more open stance and more hip rotation.

ucrctennis
10-01-2007, 11:39 PM
You should try moving into the ball more off of both sides. You move back on most of your ground strokes. That's my advice

chrisg060
10-02-2007, 09:30 PM
Where is this??
Anyways, your backhand looks pretty good and consistent, but try working on getting a better motion on your forehand. Other than that, good hitting

Chauvalito
10-02-2007, 09:50 PM
I like how you go from a Fillipo Volandri like follow through (Under your left arm) to a Nadal finish above your head on balls for which the former follow through would be sufficient.

Have you ever tried finishing your forehand over your left arm? I think it would add a more smooth finish, on some strokes it really looks like your left arm is in the way when you are finishing your follow through.

On the other hand, if it works for Volandri, it will work for you.