PDA

View Full Version : Teaching little kids how to play tennis?

Milano
10-01-2007, 12:06 PM
I recently got a job coaching little kids (10 and under) how to play tennis. Most of them have never played tennis in their lives before and was wondering if anyone knows any good games to play with them?

Thanks a lot!

10s talk
10-01-2007, 12:50 PM
I do, how can I get in touch with you.? It is to long to post here.

I ran a program with 350+ kids

Milano
10-01-2007, 03:29 PM
Hey, thanks, my email is milanoy2k@yahoo.com.

topspiner
10-01-2007, 08:26 PM
10S -

Would you also forward the information you speak of to me at:
ddtrieb1@yahoo.com

Thanks

TENNIS_IS_FUN
10-01-2007, 08:48 PM
10S -

Would you also forward the information you speak of to me at:
ddtrieb1@yahoo.com

Thanks

Me 2! shuriken612@gmail.com

SFrazeur
10-01-2007, 08:56 PM
The point of Tennis Talk is to openly share information, otherwise I do not see the need for this thread.

-SF

TENNIS_IS_FUN
10-01-2007, 09:02 PM
SFrazeur, 10s Talk said his information would be too long to post here. If you dont see the need for this thread, never come in again.

SFrazeur
10-01-2007, 09:48 PM
SFrazeur, 10s Talk said his information would be too long to post here. If you dont see the need for this thread, never come in again.

I really do not see how the information could be too long to post here. While the per post word count limit is (I think) 10,000 words, more than one post could be made. The point of the forum is for there to be open information. That is one reason why the private message system is disabled.

If the information is in non text formates such as pdf, there are many file hosting sites that they could be hosted on.

-SF

10s talk
10-02-2007, 05:07 AM
FWIW .... I type about 5/10 words a minute. I will tell someone by phone the games,etc. and they can post them.

Some are the best from the USTA that have been tweaked, others are from teaching clinics, PTR, books, etc.

Vision84
10-02-2007, 05:40 AM
Ok I will start off with one game I do a lot with kids. Quite a well known game. Pretty simple and effective.

In & Out
Simple game where you have 2 equal sides on the court. The coach can join in on this one. If you miss the ball you go out and someone on the opposite team goes in. The one that has been waiting the longest to come back in comes back in. The object is to get rid of everyone on the other team and when this happens your team gets a point. Variations can be done such as letting the ball bounce until it rolls or limiting the number of bounces or hits someone can have till they have to pass it to a teammate or hit it over. Try to find a variation that is good for their level. This game is good for developing some control on shots but doesn't focus on technique.

cliff
10-02-2007, 01:38 PM
My advice is to teach children how to play the game, try not to do too many 'chocolate' drills (drills that kids love but are not that good for them and their game). I suggest visiting mini tennis websites and seeing how the game is taught around europe. Teach kids how to play tennis with the right equipment, check out this video clip http://www.procomparetennis.net/articles/florence1.html