PDA

View Full Version : Favorite Triple Threat Racquet?

Benjamin
03-18-2004, 11:20 AM
I have tried numerous (as in almost ALL of them) Prince Triple Threat racquets and have disliked (hated is a little too strong) every one of them except the Prince Triple Threat Warrior.

Every one I've tried have seemed to have a "hollow" feel to them except the Warrior.

While I was playing with the TT Warrior Mid+ I REALLY loved it. Unfortunately after about a month and a half of play, it cracked in the throat when I was playing doubles (anyone else have this problem?). I should have called it a fluke and ordered another one but I decided to order the "new and improved" model - DB800....BIG MISTAKE. A lot more stiff (just ask my elbow) and not near as sweet of feel to it. If I were a serve and volleyer I would probably have several of the TT Warriors in my bag right now. I am not a volleyer (see my other posts) but this racquet just seemed to urge me into the net more than any other racquet I've had. Every time I play doubles I miss that racquet!

Ummmmmmm, only $74.95?!? Do I hear one calling my name :D

Anyway, what's your favorite Triple Threat racquet?

Benjamin

Tenny
03-18-2004, 11:28 AM
Hi all

I knew the warrior has an almost cult fan base and got a great review (Prince got a winner here! etc). Based on these I bought an OS but we didn't click. Spin, comfort but I cannot explain why we didn't work together. Anyway mine is up for sale if anyone is interested. Like new with prince TOP spin 15L. OS 4 3/8. Maybe I should try more.

It seems playing TT is a love or hate kind of thing.

kreative
03-18-2004, 11:48 AM
Warrior and Diablo Mid, would own the Warrior, but it's proness to cracking at the throat has kept me away.

andfor
03-18-2004, 12:30 PM
Mid-Plus Prince Graphite NGX. Strung with Let'r'Rip at the high end. Never played with any other triple threat. I just switched from the Hyper PS 6.1.

Ronaldo
03-18-2004, 12:36 PM
TT Graphite OS, all others too light and stiff. Warrior a bit stiff in the head, never tried various string tensions.

Koz
03-18-2004, 01:00 PM
I'm only gonna comment on the "real" triple threat racquets...the one that were around when they actually incorporated the tripple threat technology (read: no stickers...). I belive I tried all of the older ones at one point or another, except for the Rebel. I really liked the Bandit, I thought it was a great all around racquet.

rich180
03-18-2004, 01:07 PM
I have always been an oversize (racquet) person and a devoted Prince follower. went to the Mid Plus Graphite -- now discontinued -- and love it. good feel, good all around performance (or maybe I just got better??)

BWat2
03-18-2004, 01:19 PM
Can only speak for Bandit & Warrior. Thought the Bandit OS played well but too light + head heavy = tennis elbow for this guy. Have played with Warrior MP and OS and favor the MP model. I play alot of doubles and this is a great stick for volleying and spin. Was tempted to try a friend's TT Graphite but other posts were negative on this racquet. Plus it was discontinued. What does that say? Guess I'm getting a little fed up with Prince and their relentless pursuit of reinventing the tennis racket. Have started to dabble with the Head i.Radical OS and seem to like it so far. Can't make up my mind!

netman
03-18-2004, 03:49 PM
Tried the Vendetta MP, Bandit MP and Warrior MP. Each had some positive characteristics, but none where good all around. Of the three, Vendetta MP was my favorite, a great serving racquet and good control from baseline, but clumsy at net. Bandit was just too light and tinny, even with 1 oz of added weight. Warrior was too powerful for my game, could never get the precision control required for S&V. In the end the Triple Threat line just didn't live up to the hype. Hit with th Diablo MP last week and it is a nice racquet and could turn out to be a real keeper. From the comments posted so far, so could the NXG. Maybe Prince finally got the formula right.

Ken

David Pavlich
03-18-2004, 05:31 PM
TT Ring....yea, right. The stringer's delight!

David

ktowntennis
03-18-2004, 05:55 PM
I played with both the Vendetta and Warrior MP. I really enjoyed both frames but for different reasons. The Vendetta I really liked for the control from the baseline. The Warrior I enjoyed because of it's feel and playability from the net. The problem with the Warrior is that at times it is a little to powerful from the baseline. I hit with the Control DB, not even close to the Warrior!! I have also tried the Diablo Mid but I find it just a little to demanding.

longbody
03-19-2004, 04:43 AM
Have only played with the TT Graphite MP. Although some people don't like it, I think it is a good, solid baseliner's racquet, especially with a few easy mods. I put 3 gms of lead tape around the butt cap and added a leather grip, and the result was a sturdy 11.9 oz. racquet that is 8 pts head light. I also play sometimes with a Chang Graphite OS (11.2 oz.). So far the TT Graphite MP feels more compact and solid but is less quick and a bit tougher on the arm. You have to be able to handle the pretty hefty swingweight though -- if you like a lighter swinging racquet it's not for you, & at the very least it will teach you the lesson (and rewards) of early preparation!

AAAA
03-19-2004, 04:53 AM
I've demoed a green thing called a graphite II or something like that, the less said about it the better, and the Precision Response Ti. The Response Ti is a brilliant racquet especially for serves and volleys. TW reviewed it and it was every bit as good as the glowing review it received. The matt red finish looked gorgeous. The racquet also had the 'real' TT system and I must admit it was extremely stable and powerful in the upper hoop. Purists would say the racquet was too powerful but I loved it. The racquet was so agreeable on slice you just knew you would hit great low heavy slice before you even played the stroke. Probably a tad stiff for those who like flexible racquets.

GasquetGOAT
12-07-2007, 06:53 AM
Anyone has feedback on Prince Graphite Longbody Racquet?

Squall Leonheart
12-07-2007, 10:59 AM
I've only used the triple threat bandit and scream. Both were very light, low powered, and evenly balanced. They're mainly for beginners, I believe, to teach new players to have a full swing, and not just small, choppy strokes. A friend of mine used the triple threat scream once, and he said his wilson hyper hammer generated a lot more power.

bluetrain4
12-07-2007, 11:32 AM
Diablo mid by a landslide. But, does this qualify? It has the TT technology (or so it says), but isn't named the TT Diablo (which would have been cool).

Ross K
12-07-2007, 11:45 AM
The first few frames I ever had was a Prince TT Blast, followed by the Prince DB Control OS. With the benefit of experience, I can now fully appreciate quite how inferior these rods actually were/are. However, although I've never used one, by all accounts the Warrior sounds far more promising.

LanEvo
12-07-2007, 03:58 PM
Hi all

I knew the warrior has an almost cult fan base and got a great review (Prince got a winner here! etc). Based on these I bought an OS but we didn't click. Spin, comfort but I cannot explain why we didn't work together. Anyway mine is up for sale if anyone is interested. Like new with prince TOP spin 15L. OS 4 3/8. Maybe I should try more.

It seems playing TT is a love or hate kind of thing.

whats ur email? im interested

A.Davidson
12-07-2007, 05:25 PM
I have tried numerous (as in almost ALL of them) Prince Triple Threat racquets and have disliked (hated is a little too strong) every one of them except the Prince Triple Threat Warrior.

Every one I've tried have seemed to have a "hollow" feel to them except the Warrior.

While I was playing with the TT Warrior Mid+ I REALLY loved it. Unfortunately after about a month and a half of play, it cracked in the throat when I was playing doubles (anyone else have this problem?). I should have called it a fluke and ordered another one but I decided to order the "new and improved" model - DB800....BIG MISTAKE. A lot more stiff (just ask my elbow) and not near as sweet of feel to it. If I were a serve and volleyer I would probably have several of the TT Warriors in my bag right now. I am not a volleyer (see my other posts) but this racquet just seemed to urge me into the net more than any other racquet I've had. Every time I play doubles I miss that racquet!

Ummmmmmm, only $74.95?!? Do I hear one calling my name

Anyway, what's your favorite Triple Threat racquet?

Benjamin

Hey, same here! Well...I'm a chapter back in the Warrior Book, but I'm on my way!

I just got done ordering two after hearing GREAT reviews everywhere I looked.

I was a little nervous with the price tag seemingly slashed, but it looks like a great deal after all!

BMG
12-07-2007, 05:41 PM
Loved the Triple Threat Rebel. I believe it was a 95" head, nice 11 ounce static weight and a good 320ish swingweight. Thin beam too.

PBODY99
12-07-2007, 05:59 PM
O_3 Blue. Less we forget, it does incorporate the Triple Threat layup.

Maestro Nalbandian
12-09-2007, 04:06 AM
Prince Graphite Longbody 100sq in head and 28inch length. Monster top spin!

jmverdugo
12-09-2007, 04:44 AM
TT Graphite OS.

skraggle
01-20-2008, 01:29 PM
whats ur email? im interested

Lan, that posting is from March 2004, so I doubt he still has the racquet. You must be building a pretty impressive collection!

thel
01-20-2008, 08:26 PM
I've hit extensively with the Bandit MP, Vendetta MP and the Rebel. I liked the Rebel the best but I like the more solid feeld I enjoy with my nPro's.

The Vendetta had great power on serve and on forehands, but the lightness of the frame got pushed around against big hitters.

The Bandit felt more solid than the Vendetta despite being even lighter...probably due to the head-heavy balance and the wider beam. I had a problem hitting forehands long with the Bandit though. I also didn't get the control I enjoyed with the thinner beamed TT frames.

joeb
01-21-2008, 06:18 AM
TT Graphite OS, sad it's not available now.

mdjenders
01-21-2008, 08:29 AM
Prince Graphite Longbody 100sq in head and 28inch length. Monster top spin!

UMM, no triple threat in this one!