10-02-2007, 02:31 PM
OH YEAH, I was born in Baton Rouge (now live in NC) I am so pumped

10s talk
10-02-2007, 02:41 PM
the rankings are always right :confused:

only 5 top 10 teams lost last week

Jack the Hack
10-02-2007, 02:43 PM
To me, college football rankings don't mean much right now. However, given that this is the first time since LSU has been ranked #1 in the AP poll since 1959, I guess you can celebrate a little.

We'll see if LSU is for real after the next 4 weeks (#9 Florida, at #8 Kentucky, Auburn, and at Alabama), let alone getting through the SEC Championship game. For it's part, USC hasn't played anybody that good (and won't until they play at #14 Oregon at the end of the month, and then end the season at #3 Cal and at #18 Arizona State). For them to struggle against Washington - even on the road - means they deserve to drop in the polls.

tennis-n-sc
10-02-2007, 03:23 PM
I'm a Vol and love the SEC. Since the Vols do not look too good this year, I'll pull for the Tigers. The problem with the SEC is that they tend to beat the dickens out of each other. MSU beats Auburn, Auburn beats the Gators, UK beats the Hogs, go figure. I tell ya, it's a wild conference.

tricky
10-02-2007, 03:40 PM
For the sake of early season performance, I think the top 5 poll should go . . .

1) LSU
2) Cal
3) South Florida
4) USC
5) Wisconsin
. . .
120) Notre Dame

Sure, I think SC is better than #4 but they haven't played like it. Cal right now has played the best in the Pac-10, beating Tennessee and a top Oregon team at the toughest venue in the Pac-10. South Florida beat West Virginia and Auburn. Wisconsin . . . well, I wanted to rank Ohio State ahead of them but Ohio State's only real opponent was Washington.

Rabbit
10-02-2007, 05:40 PM
I'm an MSU alum. But, I'll tell you this. I would trade my tickets for an entire season to go to one game next season. I want to be in Baton Rouge when Alabama comes to Tiger Land. Saban is going to get his just desserts when he has his "homecoming". The LSU Nation is going to give Saban just what he deserves.

The funny thing is, while Saban was head coach at LSU, he could have told "coon ***" jokes all day long and everybody from Pierre Point to Plaquemine would have laughed. But ink a contract with 'Bummer and it ain't so funny any more...

This season, I'd love to see LSU tangle with USC. If I could have gone to school anywhere in the lower 48, it would have been USC (that's Southern Cal, not South Carolina...) :)

TheShaun
10-02-2007, 06:34 PM
i hate football but i chear for lsu because my girlfriend's from baton rouge. i think i'm the only person in vancouver with a purple and gold lsu t-shirt :)

ps. when i was in baton rouge last month i saw the new mike the tiger, he's so cool looking! a little more lively then the old one.

Noveson
10-02-2007, 06:43 PM
OH YEAH, I was born in Baton Rouge (now live in NC) I am so pumped

Aren't you proud to hail from Red Stick?:rolleyes: Haha just kidding.

tricky
10-02-2007, 06:46 PM
Saban is going to get his just desserts when he has his "homecoming".

Yup, full Lousianian hospitality. You being a Spartan would probably welcome his shellacing too. :D

This season, I'd love to see LSU tangle with USC. If I could have gone to school anywhere in the lower 48, it would have been USC (that's Southern Cal, not South Carolina...)

AND it's going to be in the Sugar Bowl if they meet. Booty is also from the state, man if he beats LSU he ain't coming back home. :D

LuckyR
10-03-2007, 04:19 PM
For the sake of early season performance, I think the top 5 poll should go . . .

1) LSU
2) Cal
3) South Florida
4) USC
5) Wisconsin
. . .
120) Notre Dame

Sure, I think SC is better than #4 but they haven't played like it. Cal right now has played the best in the Pac-10, beating Tennessee and a top Oregon team at the toughest venue in the Pac-10. South Florida beat West Virginia and Auburn. Wisconsin . . . well, I wanted to rank Ohio State ahead of them but Ohio State's only real opponent was Washington.

Cal didn't look dominant in their win over Oregon, much as SC didn't look dominant in their win over U Dub.

tricky
10-03-2007, 04:25 PM
Cal didn't look dominant in their win over Oregon, much as SC didn't look dominant in their win over U Dub.

Oregon is a legitimate top 10-15 team whereas UW is 2-3. Cal also beat a SEC team in their opening game. SC's biggest victory so far has been against Nebraska. From the standpoint of actual victories, Cal's season so far has been more impressive than SC.