PDA

View Full Version : Federer serve and drop shot

Elyod Nanoc
10-02-2007, 05:49 PM
1.I was wondering how Federer does his service toss and what he does to put different spins on it, I keep hearing that he uses the same toss, but I don't know exactly where and how he changes spin ( different swing? )

2.How does he do his drop shots, grips, swing, placements, ect.

Thanks, these questions been on my mind recently and wanted to find the answers

Thanks

Seifersquall1
10-02-2007, 09:05 PM
1.I was wondering how Federer does his service toss and what he does to put different spins on it, I keep hearing that he uses the same toss, but I don't know exactly where and how he changes spin ( different swing? )

I can only answer one question. He does make the same tosses because it keeps the opponent guessing what serve he's doing.

Seifersquall1
10-02-2007, 09:06 PM
And I think he does change the swing (forgot to add that rofl).

krprunitennis2
10-02-2007, 09:22 PM
next time if you forget to add something, you can use the edit button

and I don't think that there is a specific way that he does his placement/dropshot/swing. I read on usta's Ask Bill that Federer had around 40+ styles of forehands depending on the situation. I feel to lazy to look it up, but I think I read it there (if someone saw that too, confirm it if you like).

NamRanger
10-03-2007, 06:19 AM

2.How does he do his drop shots, grips, swing, placements, ect.

Thanks, these questions been on my mind recently and wanted to find the answers

Thanks

Federer's service toss is the same, it goes from right to left, ending slightly above his head and to the left, and slightly out in front. His timing and swing style however do differ depending on the serve he hits.

Elyod Nanoc
10-03-2007, 04:45 PM
Federer's service toss is the same, it goes from right to left, ending slightly above his head and to the left, and slightly out in front. His timing and swing style however do differ depending on the serve he hits.

Thanks, thats the exact answer I've been looking for.

herosol
10-04-2007, 03:17 PM
btw:

he only changes his toss on his American twist serve.

JKN666
10-04-2007, 06:39 PM
next time if you forget to add something, you can use the edit button

and I don't think that there is a specific way that he does his placement/dropshot/swing. I read on usta's Ask Bill that Federer had around 40+ styles of forehands depending on the situation. I feel to lazy to look it up, but I think I read it there (if someone saw that too, confirm it if you like).

apparently he said about 28+

http://www.usta.com/lessonsandtips/fullstory.sps?iNewsid=394013&itype=919&icategoryid=169