PDA

View Full Version : New M-Speed No Tolerance SL = old M-Speed?

sevens
10-03-2007, 11:39 AM
Can anyone absolutely confirm that the new M-Speed No Tolerance SL is a different weighted racquet than the old M-Speed SL. The swingweight on the new No Tolerance stick is 317. The old one is 323. Is this just a typo? The new SL also seems to be about 5g lighter.

This would make the new M-Speed No Tolerance SL just one pont heavier in swingweight than the new M-Speed No Tolerance UL. I really just assumed these new M-Speeds were identical to the old ones but with new paint jobs. -Thanks

gotwheels
10-04-2007, 08:27 AM
I believe the M Pro (newest frame) is very similar if not identical to the later M Speed versions (UL) in static weight and balance, from my measurements. I do not have the ability to measure SW or stiffness. The M Pro has (for me) an improved grip geometry and more flare to the butt of the grip pallet - nice improvements. Both, the light and heavier frames, are great player frames.

TW Staff
10-04-2007, 08:39 AM
It is the same racquet. The differences include a new paintjob, and the no tolerance guarantee. Keep in mind that when we do specs, we measure the specs on several racquets and use the average. (as even racquets of the same model are going to differ slightly in specs). So it would not be uncommon for the specs to differ slighty as you've noticed on our sight. The swingweight difference you've noticed is within industry standard of acceptance.

Spencer, TW.

BreakPoint
10-04-2007, 11:12 AM
It is the same racquet. The differences include a new paintjob, and the no tolerance guarantee. Keep in mind that when we do specs, we measure the specs on several racquets and use the average. (as even racquets of the same model are going to differ slightly in specs). So it would not be uncommon for the specs to differ slighty as you've noticed on our sight. The swingweight difference you've noticed is within industry standard of acceptance.

Spencer, TW.
That's interesting because from reading the customer feedback for the new racquet leads one to believe that it's a different racquet with improved performance over the old racquet. Funny how a just a different paintjob can influence people's perceptions on how a racquet plays. :)

Comments: Great racquet. I played with previous racquet and it feels like an improved version: more pop on the serve and a bit more feel on spin shots. The weight for this racquet is a bit more oriented for the strong transition player or machine like baseliner, but players who like to vary their shots might enjoy this stick a little less. The closed string pattern just gives a more universal feel throughout the string bed. I put in livewire at 58 the first time I hit with this racquet and although it’s not my favorite string, I enjoyed the feel. This racquet is for the 3.5 or above player, but not exactly a stick for anyone under that. The weight is just a bit much for some player as well, but I guess that is why there is also a lighter version.
String type and tension: Luxilon big banger alu power 16, 60 lbs
Headsize: 98
NTRP Rating: 4.5

Comments: Superb racquet. Played with the previous version and notice much more control and power with this upgrade. Feels great and has good pop and incredible control. Stylish stick as well.
String type and tension: Babolat Pro Tour Hurricane 16, 57 lbs
Head-size: 98
NTRP Rating: 4.0

sureshs
10-04-2007, 11:19 AM
But that could also be due to variance in the specs of the older racquet?

BreakPoint
10-04-2007, 01:19 PM
But that could also be due to variance in the specs of the older racquet?
I don't think that would be enough to account for the "much more control and power" and the "bit more feel on spin shots".

keithchircop
10-06-2007, 07:21 AM
If they want to like a racquet and buy into the hype, they will. Human nature.