PDA

View Full Version : C10 Pro! What makes it so popular?

westernforehand
03-18-2004, 11:49 AM
I am new to this board, but just wondering why this racquet is so much being loved by many. Please tell me anything you know about this rather old stick.

@wright
03-18-2004, 12:07 PM
It's easy to play with due to the heavy, but not REAL heavy weight and swingweight, and the head is a comfortable 98 inches. It is comfortable to hit and gives nice control and power. The paintjob is great too.

iscottius
03-18-2004, 12:30 PM
Call TW have them send you a demo & then you too will order 2 in your grip size and sell all of your other racquets.

Koz
03-18-2004, 12:57 PM
feel...the heft...the manuverability...the flex....it all comes together perfectly..

Rabbit
03-18-2004, 02:01 PM
Agree with everything said here. To add, the flex of the C10 is unlike anything else I've hit with. It's just this side of perfect, not too stiff, not too flexible, just right. There are some who prefer stiff frames who call the C10 mushy, but in my view, it's got just enough flex to make it feel great when you center a ball in the strings.
Playing attributes include great control, more than enough power, and the best of all, it's probably the most comfortable frame I've ever played with. I've been playing with it for close to five years now and still love it.
There are some things I prefer in the Tour 10 MP, one of which is the more even balance. I've corrected this in my C10s by adding some lead tape, 8 5" strips at the 3 and 9 o'clock positions. This makes the frame more evenly balanced, gives it even more stability and really allows you to plow through the ball. I've also replaced the stock grommets with Tour 10 MP grommets. These wrap around and protect the frame and generally look better than the grommets that came on the frame.
Mine all have leather grips and are strung with Luxilon TIMO 17 at 54 pounds. I know there have been arguments one way and the other, but if there is a better racket made than the C10 and its descendant, the Tour 10 MP, I haven't hit with it. I am waiting eagerly for the C10 incarnation in V-Engine form. :P

deflori
03-18-2004, 02:05 PM
I've playing with the c10pro since 2months,and i can tell you its won of the greatest sticks i played,great control,spin,and power(not to much)...

by the way,because here are so many c10 users........what strings works good on the C10.......i played hurricane and polymono,what works great????

playing hard westerngrip with many topspin......thx

@wright
03-18-2004, 07:25 PM
Rabbit, I'd love to see the C10 incarnate of V-Engines with the same color scheme, the racquet would be similar to what Petr Korda won the Aussie Open with(He had a V-throated racquet with C10 paintjob). I would definitely have to try that racquet, and I may have to try the V10 mid anyway!

Rabbit
03-19-2004, 03:00 AM
I think Korda's racket was a T-45. From what I've been told, the same guy who designed it designed the Puma racket that Becker used. He's now back with Volkl and has designed the new V-Engine series.

As far as the paint scheme goes, I like the new V-Engine paint jobs. My personal favorite schemes in the Volkl line are the new Cat 10 and the Quantum 10 paint jobs. I really think glossy black or Ferrari Red look good on rackets.

JB
03-19-2004, 05:53 AM
The C10 is the best player's racquet I've ever owned. Feels like an extension of your arm. Very comfortable feeling raquet that can do it all. The Tour 10 MP is awesome too - less manueverable though.

I like the idea of changing the grommets to those of the Tour 10 MP - good call.

westernforehand
03-19-2004, 08:33 AM
Definitely, I will C10 Pro. By the way, when this stick appeared on the market? Anyone knows about the technology behind C10 Pro? If it has such a unique feel and people love that, is there any similar model?