PDA

View Full Version : HEY GUYS WILL A Wilson NTour Ncode 95inch weight affect things

anbu4ever11
10-03-2007, 07:23 PM
hey guys i was wondering if u could tell me if the rackets 10.7ounce weight really affect its ability at hitting low tennis balls or good serves.with my babolat apd so far its extrememly stable when i hit,but i just recently bought a mil fil 300 at 10.9 ounces and it seems in certain hits it does stay stable and like wabbles out of my hand in a sense.im choosing between this racket and prince 03 hybrid tour,and yonex RQ iS 1 Tour.im 16 and pretty strong but not sure if im generating enough power for the prince or yonex,with the babolat im doing good with.wondering what u guys think thanks

Bottle Rocket
10-03-2007, 10:40 PM
With any of the above rackets you should be able to play any shot at just about any level you're ever going to achieve in tennis. If you find stability to be an issue with the rackets you mentioned, you need to conncetrate on hitting a clean ball. Make clean contact with correct timing. This might be the most underrated aspect of the game.

The Hybrid Tour is one of the more powerful rackets on the market right now, more so than the APD. If you don't think you're getting enough pace on your shots, you're looking in the wrong direction messing with all these rackets.

I guess you're playing on a high school team? What does your coach think?

This question would be better suited for the racket forum, you'll get a lot more opinions over there.

surfryder
10-03-2007, 10:55 PM
i use an nTour, and hit pretty darn hard with low balls, great kick serves, and around 100mph flat serves...

im 24, and pretty strong, and have a lot of stamina....

but i also have good technique, and usually hit around the sweet spot, not a lot of framed balls

anbu4ever11
10-04-2007, 04:25 PM
i use an nTour, and hit pretty darn hard with low balls, great kick serves, and around 100mph flat serves...

im 24, and pretty strong, and have a lot of stamina....

but i also have good technique, and usually hit around the sweet spot, not a lot of framed balls

but did u add any weight to the racket itself at all?

anbu4ever11
10-04-2007, 04:29 PM
With any of the above rackets you should be able to play any shot at just about any level you're ever going to achieve in tennis. If you find stability to be an issue with the rackets you mentioned, you need to conncetrate on hitting a clean ball. Make clean contact with correct timing. This might be the most underrated aspect of the game.

The Hybrid Tour is one of the more powerful rackets on the market right now, more so than the APD. If you don't think you're getting enough pace on your shots, you're looking in the wrong direction messing with all these rackets.

I guess you're playing on a high school team? What does your coach think?

This question would be better suited for the racket forum, you'll get a lot more opinions over there.

well my coach isnt a very good coach but it that way and has no clue,and theres this one kid on my team whos extremely good and so was his bro who graduated last year but i dont talk to em much.my forms pretty good but ive noticed with a dunlop mil fil 300 no matter how hard or ways of trying on certain balls(usually fast or very low and alot of paced) i cant hit it.now with a babolat apd theres no problem and of course the better form when i do it makes it even better.problem is im not sure if i can use the prince 03 hybrid tour(not sure like i said with form or power) but the wilson ntour ncode im afraid of it being to lite,i really want a 95 inch head size so i dont have a clue.

In D Zone
10-16-2007, 08:02 PM
hey guys i was wondering if u could tell me if the rackets 10.7ounce weight really affect its ability at hitting low tennis balls or good serves.with my babolat apd so far its extrememly stable when i hit,but i just recently bought a mil fil 300 at 10.9 ounces and it seems in certain hits it does stay stable and like wabbles out of my hand in a sense.im choosing between this racket and prince 03 hybrid tour,and yonex RQ iS 1 Tour.im 16 and pretty strong but not sure if im generating enough power for the prince or yonex,with the babolat im doing good with.wondering what u guys think thanks

It all boils down to your preference - weight , head light vs head heavy, swing weight, head size, frame stiffness and string pattern.

I started with playing NTour 95, was able to hit with heavy balls both flat and topspin. But I later changed by racquet and went to a heavier frame, mainly I wanted to feel more stable when counterpunching with a heavier ball. Again that's my preference. Conversely, I played with several guys in the local park (4.5 ~5 NTRP) that moved from heavier ncode 6.1 95 to the lighter NTour, then another dude continued to play with MFil 300. I noticed no change on their power, all the guys still play hard and delivers heavier balls.
I just wanted to show you examples of players going either way. So best advise is to demo the racquet u like and make sure u play a couple of matches with it. You got to give it a couple of good playing hours and see how you like the racquet. You'll find some racquet will feel good when u are not tired; then your game starts to fall apart because of fatigue, do still feel confident using the same racquet?

surfryder
10-16-2007, 11:16 PM
but did u add any weight to the racket itself at all?

no added weight...i love the feel of the racquet on my backhand the way it is, and my serves never suffer...biggest problem i have with it is my forehand generating too much spin on occassion, which isnt really a bad problem...just causes the ball to go a little more shallow than id like

brownyazn
10-17-2007, 11:55 AM
why don't you just stick to the apd if you like it