PDA

View Full Version : Forhand is gone

HBK4life
10-04-2007, 06:08 AM
Hello for the first time. I need some advice.

Every time I take my racket back on my forehand side I have no idea what is going to happen. It's almost like a catcher that can't throw the ball back to the pitcher in baseball. I don't know if it's mental or mechanical. I can hit both topspin and flat. I use a semi-western grip to a full western depending on the bounce. When I try to use topspin it seems the ball flies and not just over the baseline it goes to the fence. I use an old Donnay Pro one so it's not like my racket has to much power. I have a tournament at the end of the month so I am getting worried.

Advice?
Suggestions?
Go away?

Silent
10-04-2007, 06:20 AM
All I can say is I feel for you.

Last week the same thing happened to me. During warmup, hitting at 40%-50% I was perfectly fine, but when the match started, it was hell. It's like I was back to my first few days playing tennis !

You could practice your swing motion and see if there's anything different you're doing. You could also keep your feet moving in order to keep your focus. But I do believe that its all in your head. If you know you own these shots because you've made them countless times before then approach your match knowing you will make them, knowing you will win, and it should help.

predrag
10-04-2007, 06:35 AM
Hello for the first time. I need some advice.

Every time I take my racket back on my forehand side I have no idea what is going to happen. It's almost like a catcher that can't throw the ball back to the pitcher in baseball. I don't know if it's mental or mechanical. I can hit both topspin and flat. I use a semi-western grip to a full western depending on the bounce. When I try to use topspin it seems the ball flies and not just over the baseline it goes to the fence. I use an old Donnay Pro one so it's not like my racket has to much power. I have a tournament at the end of the month so I am getting worried.

Advice?
Suggestions?
Go away?

Get some lessons.
it is impossible to help you without seeing you hit.
If you had a lesson with a competent pro you mioght resolve the problem.
Or at least make a video an review it, or post it somewhere
Regards, Predrag