PDA

View Full Version : Cyclists and their outfits

justsomeguy
10-04-2007, 09:44 AM
In the sportbike community, you see squids wearing outfits covered in fake sponser logos and such. Not just leathers (which are good), but duds that match their bikes and make them look like wannabe racers. These people are ridiculed, either to their face or behind their back.

It has been discussed out here how much of a tool a tennis player looks like when they try to copy Fed's (or anyone elses) look.

So what is up with cyclists? I see people everywhere that look like they got lost on their way to the Tour De France. I am not knocking wearing spandex or whatever to improve aerodynamics and comfort, but why all the logos and crap? It seems they think they look cool, as they bought this stuff. There is a whole group of guys in my office buildidng that ride everyday. They are done up head to toe. It is getting really hard not to laugh.

Aren't cycling clothes offered in normal colors without bogus sponser logos? Why do these guys (and girls) want to look like idiots?

max
10-04-2007, 11:54 AM
I agree entirely with you. I cycle a lot, but cringe at the idea of becoming a joke of a billboard. But Performance Cycle and Bike Nashbar have home brands that give you plain colors.

Yeah, that craptacular cycle gear has to go.