PDA

View Full Version : Is the Federer the Favorite in Houston?

VictorS.
11-10-2004, 12:24 PM
Going into the Tennis Master's Cup in Houston, there are a number of subplots to watch for going in. Federer, who has obviously dominated with ease this year, hasn't played since his win in Bangkok. It should be interesting to see if he has any rust in his game. Safin has been on a tear since his subpar showing at the US Open. Everyone is annointing him as the biggest challenge to Federer in Houston. In addition, you have a guy like Agassi, who is on the outside looking in...unless someone like Coria or Moya pulls out. He could definitely make some noise if he gets the chance to compete.

Roddick and Hewitt have both had solid years, but are in danger of falling in the rankings if Safin could somehow pull out a win. I think we're in for some high quality tennis. Should be interesting....

Vlad
11-10-2004, 12:29 PM
Don't expect Agassi to show up or even be a substitute. I don't think anyone will pull out.
I agree that Fed is the favorite and still the man to beat, no matter how well Safin has played after US Open, but it should be more interesting now that's for sure. We have 4 guys who can potentially win the whole thing..

Max G.
11-10-2004, 03:48 PM
Also, other subplot - Hewitt is in a position to overtake Roddick for #2.