PDA

View Full Version : any suggestions?

christyu
10-04-2007, 12:12 PM
Hi, I'd like to ask a question. Have you guys ever seen a tennis player or your friends hitting a powerful and speedy flat shot with Semi-Western grip?
It's good for topspin, but I want to know if it's possible. :confused:

habib
10-04-2007, 01:40 PM
Hi, I'd like to ask a question. Have you guys ever seen a tennis player or your friends hitting a powerful and speedy flat shot with Semi-Western grip?
It's good for topspin, but I want to know if it's possible. :confused:

Yes.

The message I have entered is too short.

Bundey
10-04-2007, 02:26 PM
Yeah, ever see fernando gonzales? Semi western can definitly produce some spin, but it also can give you some wicked flat shots. Probably the most versitle grip for the forehand.

habib
10-04-2007, 03:46 PM
It's been discussed ad nauseum, but the fundamental issue is that certain grips are better at certain things, but it doesn't restrict them from being able to do other things. Eastern grips are great for hitting flat, penetrating shots. But you can hit heavy topspin with them, too. Likewise, Western grips are great for hitting heavy topspin, but it is possible to hit flat even with a full western. A SW, as mentioned, is probably the most versatile forehand grip (for groundstrokes, anyway), and allows you to hit the ball just about however you like.