PDA

View Full Version : Masters Cup draw is set

Vlad
11-10-2004, 01:21 PM
Red Group: (1)Roger Federer, (3)Lleyton Hewitt, (5)Carlos Moya, (8)Gaston Gaudio.
Blue Group: (2)Andy Roddick, (4)Marat Safin, (6)Guillermo Coria, (7) Tim Henman.

Your thoughts?

Power Game
11-10-2004, 01:35 PM
Safin Federer Final.

Feņa14
11-10-2004, 01:48 PM
Come on Tim!!!!!

This is the best draw possible for him with no Federer and NO Hewitt which is great. I would also prefer Coria to Moya so it's all looking good.

I think Federer, Hewitt and Safin and Henman will be in the semis with hopefully a Safin V Federer or Henman final.

Tim has a real chance and I hope he can take it.

PusherMan
11-10-2004, 01:53 PM
GO HEWITT!!!!!!!!

BiGGieStuFF
11-10-2004, 02:05 PM
now..which day are they playing on? :) Anyone got this information?

degreefanlindi
11-10-2004, 02:07 PM
The way Safin has been playing, I wouldn't mind seeing him in the final...against Hewitt.

Frodo Baggins
11-10-2004, 02:48 PM
The Tournament for the Master's Cup- starts on Monday next week...So Be ready for it Cause I am.As for times Not sure?

perfmode
11-10-2004, 03:45 PM
Red Group: (1)Roger Federer, (3)Lleyton Hewitt, (5)Carlos Moya, (8)Gaston Gaudio.
Blue Group: (2)Andy Roddick, (4)Marat Safin, (6)Guillermo Coria, (7) Tim Henman.

Your thoughts?

Round Robin:
Red
Federer: 3-0 (Hew, Moy, Gau)
Hewitt: 2-1 (Moy, Gau)
Moya: 1-2 (Gau)
Gaudio: 0-3

Blue
Safin: 3-0 (Rod, Cor, Hen)
Roddick: 2-1 (Cor, Hen)
Coria: 0-3
Henman: 1-2 (Cor)

Federer w. Roddick: 7-6, 6-3

Safin w. Hewitt: 6-4, 4-6, 6-4

Federer w. Safin

VamosRafa
11-11-2004, 10:11 PM
My only disappointment is that Coria is playing. I love to watch him when he's "in form," but a friend of mine saw him practicing in Madrid, and said he was doing "Dementieva-like serves."

Maybe he has improved since then, but the Masters should be about the best playing the best. And it will be interesting to see if Coria comes close to that.

Guess I'll find out. I arrive on Sunday. If anyone here wants to meet up and say hello, please e-mail me at susan@vamosrafael.com. Thanks!

pound cat
11-12-2004, 03:44 AM
Scedule:

Monday, November 15

Starting at 1 p.m.
(1)R Federer (SUI) vs (8)G Gaudio (ARG)

Starting at 7 p.m.
(3)L Hewitt (AUS) vs (5)C Moya (ESP)

Tuesday, November 16

Starting at 1 p.m.
(4)M Safin (RUS) vs (6)G Coria (ARG)

Starting at 7 p.m.
(2)A Roddick (USA) vs (7)T Henman (GBR)

perfmode
11-12-2004, 05:12 AM
Scedule:

Monday, November 15

Starting at 1 p.m.
(1)R Federer (SUI) vs (8)G Gaudio (ARG)

Starting at 7 p.m.
(3)L Hewitt (AUS) vs (5)C Moya (ESP)

Tuesday, November 16

Starting at 1 p.m.
(4)M Safin (RUS) vs (6)G Coria (ARG)

Starting at 7 p.m.
(2)A Roddick (USA) vs (7)T Henman (GBR)

What channel willl it be on? I think Gaudio might give Fed some trouble if he can play backhand to backhand rallies. Gaudio's BH is A LOT bigger than Fed's. Fed will win easy if he can get the right stategic match up.

Safin will own Coria.

Roddick looks like he might have some trouble with Henman coming in but I think he'll win.

What channel will these matches be on?

david aames
11-12-2004, 06:53 AM
NOT True. Dementieva never recovered in the fifth : )

My only disappointment is that Coria is playing. I love to watch him when he's "in form," but a friend of mine saw him practicing in Madrid, and said he was doing "Dementieva-like serves."

BiGGieStuFF
11-12-2004, 06:58 AM
aw man..I get hewitt vs moya :(. I knew i should have gotten tuesday night. I'd get see roddick vs henmen. Wednesday night is not set yet but knowing my luck it'll probably be gaudio vs moya :(

davey25
11-12-2004, 06:59 AM
Federer will have no problems with Gaudio. Gaudios backhand is also not much bigger, he doesnt have a single huge shot. It is just the only shot he wont get smothered on. Everything else he will be easily outgunned.

rhubarb
11-12-2004, 07:01 AM
I'm glad you're so confident, davey. I'll be nervous until the final point is played, as always.

BiGGieStuFF, I would expect the evening match on Wednesday to involve Federer, whether he wins or loses on Monday. But we won't know until Tuesday, I guess.

pound cat
11-12-2004, 07:05 AM
I've heard ESPN is showing it in the US, so you'll have to check your TV listings perfmode. TTC is showing doubles this weekend.

rhubarb
11-12-2004, 07:09 AM
It's on Eurosport for those with cable in Europe. Even British Eurosport ;)

pound cat
11-12-2004, 07:09 AM
In Canada..TSN (who've shown huge amounts of tennis, (have you sent your e-mails to thank them LOL audiencerelations@tsn.ca) rds (ottawa/Montreal ) will show the final live )

Noelle
11-12-2004, 07:17 AM
In Southeast Asia, Star Sports. Matchplay starts airing live November 16 at 3 a.m. Hong Kong.

(sorry about the wrong date the first time.)

BiGGieStuFF
11-12-2004, 07:29 AM
I'm glad you're so confident, davey. I'll be nervous until the final point is played, as always.

BiGGieStuFF, I would expect the evening match on Wednesday to involve Federer, whether he wins or loses on Monday. But we won't know until Tuesday, I guess. I sure hope so. I hope it's hewitt vs federer cuz i don't like watching moya or gaudio but i hope roger doesn't smash hewitt like he did at the us open.

Kevin Patrick
11-12-2004, 09:48 AM
For those in the US, Espn is covering it,
Gaudio-Federer is not being shown, Hewitt-Moya will be shown delayed on Monday night, Safin-Coria will be shown live & Roddick-Henman will be on tape Tuesday night:

http://www.sportsmediainc.net/tennisweek/index.cfm?func=showarticle&newsid=377

davey25
11-13-2004, 05:21 AM
Rhubarb did you see the two matches Gaudio played with Roger that were so close? I did see them, the entire matches and Roger was struggling badly finding his game. That is why I am not worried based on those matches. Gaudio wasnt hurting him at all, he had about 8 winners in each match. I know backhand is his best shot, and not Rogers best, but even his backhand isnt that overpowering a shot. Its quality isnt defined predominantly by its power although it has more power than his other shots which isnt saying much
(Gaudio).

Drizzt
11-13-2004, 07:02 PM
Does the person with the most wins in the red group play the person with the second most wins in the Blue group and visa versa for the most wins in the Blue group and second in red group?

Max G.
11-13-2004, 07:08 PM
Does the person with the most wins in the red group play the person with the second most wins in the Blue group and visa versa for the most wins in the Blue group and second in red group?

Yeah, that's the way it works. 1st place from one group plays the 2nd place guy from the other.

Matt H.
11-15-2004, 06:00 PM
honestly...why the heck is Coria playing?

He hasn't played in months, battling injuries, and he's a clay courter.

A rusty/recovering clay courter going up against the World's best on a hard court? Come on... :roll:

Max G.
11-15-2004, 06:25 PM

A rusty/recovering clay courter going up against the World's best on a hard court? Come on... :roll:

He's playing because he wants to and because he can.

Why does he want to? To play against the best players in the world, to assess where his game is, and of course to try to win a match or two.

Why can he? Because he qualified, pointswise.

It's that simple.

perfmode
11-15-2004, 07:34 PM

That rusty dirtballer is #6 in the world.