PDA

View Full Version : How to Two-Piece String!?

TokyopunK
10-04-2007, 07:12 PM
Can I please get some detailed instructions on what to do after I complete the Mains and tie two knots on the left and right. What exactly do I do for the crosses? Thanks!

P.S. I searched and searched and only found out that I am supposed to tie a knot somewhere for the crosses?

Bud
10-04-2007, 07:32 PM
The cross knot is anchored two or so grommets (toward the center of the racquet) from the first skipped hole (first hole skipped for the mains) at the top of the racquet. I look at the grommets and look to see which one has been stretched previously by a knot. Then, knot it around the main (using a knot that doesn't actually put tension on the main). Then feed it through the first open hole. This is assuming you are stringing a racquet with no shared holes.

Go to the Silent Partner website and pull up one of the stringing manuals for a more detailed explanation with accompanying pictures.

Bundey
10-04-2007, 07:34 PM
Your stringer doesn't have a manual?

TokyopunK
10-04-2007, 07:42 PM
Your stringer doesn't have a manual?

Only for 1 piece. Thanks dude two above!

TokyopunK
10-04-2007, 07:47 PM
Oh I still don't get it btw......lol

Is it bad if I started the crosses in the middle of the racquet and then branched out to the left(bottom) and the right(top) kind of like doing the mains but sideways?

Bud
10-04-2007, 08:23 PM
Never tried it that way.

dancraig
10-04-2007, 08:58 PM
Can I please get some detailed instructions on what to do after I complete the Mains and tie two knots on the left and right. What exactly do I do for the crosses? Thanks!

P.S. I searched and searched and only found out that I am supposed to tie a knot somewhere for the crosses?

http://www.wagonbutterworth.com/projects/string/

TokyopunK
10-05-2007, 02:46 PM
http://www.wagonbutterworth.com/projects/string/

Site won't load!

Jordan M
10-05-2007, 03:30 PM
Please look at "X-2 Video" Post on "Stringer Machine" Section. There is a good video on that post.

Please seach before ask. Thank You!

TokyopunK
10-05-2007, 03:42 PM
Please look at "X-2 Video" Post on "Stringer Machine" Section. There is a good video on that post.

I did search god dangit.......... I get sass talked by a noob with 4 posts.

dancraig
10-05-2007, 04:49 PM
Site won't load!

Sorry. If you can get step 8 and 9 to load, they will show you how to start the crosses.

TokyopunK
10-06-2007, 11:47 AM
Sorry. If you can get step 8 and 9 to load, they will show you how to start the crosses.

Awesome thanks I think I get it now.

So basically, I do the mains, then tie a knot with one end of the crosses on one of the end mains and then start crossing down (or up). Right!!

Leutonio
10-06-2007, 12:38 PM

Where? :confused: