PDA

View Full Version : Question regarding stringing frequently.

pmata814
10-05-2007, 05:54 AM
If I decided to go with a cheap synthetic, such as Gosen, so that I could play with a fresh string-job say every week or every 2 weeks at the most...what would be the effect on my frame? I've heard that a frame weakens every time you restring so how long before I have to buy another one? And how will I know? Thanks in advance.

rasajadad
10-05-2007, 06:02 AM
I don't think your frame would change perceptably. I thought I remembered reading that top pros could tell the difference between a new frame and a one year old frame, but the difference wasn't necessarily bad. I assume because they restring their frames every day or so, that material fatigue comes more from hitting than from stringing.

Again, this is my guess. Someone with more knowledge can correct me.

shojun25
10-05-2007, 06:16 AM
as long as you are not making mistakes while stringing, your frame won't be affected.

the only thing that are gonna be affected are your grommets. the strings are just gonna wear it out; just buy another one for $5 if you see the string catching the edge of the frame (or just add tubing nylon).

BurghKing
10-05-2007, 06:30 AM
All frames will gradually fatigue over time. However, "over time" is years and play and stringing. Most of us probably don't have the same sensitivity as the touring pros do. They will notice more miniscule differences in weight because of material breakdown than we will. Don't worry about it too much and just do what you feel is best for your game...and wallet.