PDA

View Full Version : Masha didn't like the balls

Zverev
11-10-2004, 06:58 PM
Sharapova complained that the new balls Tretorn, used on th Tour, are too heavy and hurting her arm.
Mauresmo disagreed, saying that he hasn't noticed any difference at all.

Tretorn balls are pressureless.
Have anyone used them?

Some balls, e.g. double core, are indeed heavy.

So does Maria got the point here, or be advised to grow up,
train harder, build muscles, to be able to use heavier racquet, and be like Mauresmo.

BigboyDan
11-10-2004, 07:01 PM
Sharapova complained that the new balls Tretorn, used on th Tour, are too heavy and hurting her arm.
Mauresmo disagreed, saying that he hasn't noticed any difference at all.

Tretorn balls are pressureless.
Have anyone used them?

Some balls, e.g. double core, are indeed heavy.

So does Maria got the point here, or be advised to grow up,
train harder, build muscles, to be able to use heavier racquet, and be like Mauresmo.

Uhhhhh. Edit.

skuludo
11-10-2004, 07:21 PM
uhhh...... "He"? It should be she. Mauresmo is a female though many or all people have said she looks like a guy.

splink779
11-10-2004, 07:22 PM
Hey its a common mistake. I'm still convinced she is a man who couldn't cut it in the ATP tour.

MARK ANDERS
11-10-2004, 07:30 PM
Maria said the same thing about mine.

Zverev
11-10-2004, 07:32 PM
I'm well aware that it's a woman,
I mean, Mauresmo is on the women's tour, no doubt,
and playing great tennis, BTW.

What about Tretorn balls, what are they?
Thanks

annihilatorpro
11-10-2004, 07:42 PM
I don't think it's very nice or appropriate to refer to Mauresmo first as a "he", and then refer to her as "it's". She may look like a man, but I'm sure she would prefer to be referred to as a man.

splink779
11-10-2004, 08:04 PM
Then maybe she shouldn't have gotten that tatoo on her shoulder. Come on.

big ted
11-10-2004, 08:34 PM
they may be TRETORN but there not pressureless

Zverev
11-10-2004, 08:52 PM
all right...
I just looked at their site and they are boasting about their new presureless balls, Tretorn Micro X or something.

They are supposed to save tons of money for the clubs,
allowing to use tennis balls for ball machines for up to 2 years,
compared to usual balls' life of just about 1 month.

I agree that it would be pure madness to use these on the tour.
They are probably selling normal pressurised balls as well.

Don't tennis balls have some sort of standard for weight?
Around 67 gramms?
I am sure 70 gramms would feel totally different.
The other day I have bought Wilson Double Core, which are supposed to last several times longer than normal.
What a waste of money! Very heavy!

P.S. I like Mauresmo, disregarding she's got the balls or not.
I think she's very tough, she's got the balls for any kind of balls...oops.

Ronaldo
11-10-2004, 09:09 PM
The WTA Tretorn ball is based on the Z-Tour ball. The Z Tour ball has all the advantages of the flex-felt durability. This gives the ball a softer feel, while applying less stress on the core wall. The core wall is designed for playability and consistency with time. As a result, the Z Tour will not deteriorate as fast as other pressurized with time in play. This consistency is further enhanced by our unique "kneading" process, which all finished balls go through before packing. The Hysteresis curves are designed to illustrate that advantage.
The patented new adhesive membrane is superior to any other adhesive presently used in the tennis industry. This is due to the fact that its design gives improved processability and excellent strength while being environmentally friendly and consistent. The Micro-X pressureless ball feels similar to pressurized balls unlike traditional hard-as-a-rock pressureless balls. Use them for a ball machine and when it is below 50 degrees outside. Even play well at freezing but strings and racquet feel stiff and dead at those temps.

Zverev
11-10-2004, 09:15 PM
Ouch...Tretorn salesman...

What is the weight of your balls, buddy?
I mean, the weight of those Tretorn balls you are selling.

Does it sound correct I wonder...

Ronaldo
11-10-2004, 09:56 PM
Penn Championship ball weighs 56 grams, Tretorn Micro-X weighs 57. No salesman, try finding these balls, only a handful of sources.

christo
11-11-2004, 09:22 AM
they are really Penn ATP balls, just painted to look like Tretorn balls and if you could just get your hands on them you could probably improve your serve about 25 mph and hit tons more winners, and people could buy them off e-bay for $20 a can.

thatballwas_IN
11-11-2004, 10:26 AM
I use Tretorn Micro-X balls and prefer them to Penn or Wilson regular balls.
Some high level opponents IMMEDIATELY notice a difference and some refuse to use them in match play. They are a little harder when brand new, but soften up to play exactly like normal balls but last much much longer.
Others that allow me to use them in match play usually end up switching to them too.
I could see how a flat hitter like Sharapova would be less likely to use a ball that feels harder... especially when they switch to new balls every few games.

voltman
11-11-2004, 10:25 PM
Doesn't switching the Tretorns every few games rather defeat the purpose?

Radical Shot
11-11-2004, 10:55 PM
I have played with all of the Tretorn ball series, the latest being the "Z" ball. I can always notice the difference. They're definately harder on the arm and after a while, they don't have the same static bounce as regular balls.
________
mustang variants (http://www.ford-wiki.com/wiki/Ford_Mustang_variants)

Camilio Pascual
11-12-2004, 04:39 AM
Tretorn Micro-X balls are a hybrid. The outer cover of the ball is not holding pressure in. The millions of "pellets" inside the ball are individually pressurized. They last longer in ball machines than any other ball I've tried.

baseliner
11-12-2004, 06:04 AM
I have used Tretorn presureless balls (occaisionally, not on a regular basis) since I first tried them in the early to mid 70's. Our nickname for them was "Cannonballs" They were definitely heavy but did not lose their bounce. Haven't ried the new series, but why would the WTA use such a ball in their year end championship? Is Tretorn a major sponsor? Got to figure it comes down to $$$$.

Ronaldo
11-12-2004, 06:36 AM
Z-Tour balls are pressurized. Masha, like or don't like them, she best learn to love them after the match with Kuzzy.