PDA

View Full Version : Donnay Borg Pro string pattern

sandflea
10-05-2007, 12:28 PM
I just got an unstrung Donnay Bjorn Borg Pro and I cannot find the string pattern used to string this racket up. Does anybody have info on this?

Thanks.

bsandy
10-05-2007, 12:40 PM
does this help ? . . .

http://www.woodtennis.com/borg/borgpros3c.jpg

sandflea
10-05-2007, 08:46 PM
It does, thanks!

max
06-16-2012, 11:46 AM
The link doesn't tell me the pattern; anyone got this? I just lucked into one of these pups.

jim e
06-16-2012, 02:15 PM
The link doesn't tell me the pattern; anyone got this? I just lucked into one of these pups.

If it is the Donnay Borg Pro Mid this is pattern:

Donnay Borg Pro Mid

Tension:64-68
Pattern: 1618
Start M's: H
M Skips: 8T & 8H
Len. 1pc 33'
Short Side 8'6"
Tie Off M's 5H
Start 1pc X 6H
Last 1pc X 6T
Tie 1pc X 5T

Then if you are talking about a Donnay Borg wooden racquet then just follow the general wooden racquet pattern.

General wooden pattern:

Pattern: 18 20
Tension range: 45-60
Start mains @: H
Tie off mains @: 6T
Mains skip: 9T
Start crosses @: 7H
Last cross @: 7T
Tie off crosses @: 6H, 5T
Many wooden racquets share a common stringing method. Others can be strung with variations on this method, like the Tad skipping 9H as well as 9T, but you can see variations with these racquets by the grooves in the racquet.

If you want to string as one piece then, Zig-zag (5 hole) groove will accommodate short side.These grooves are not standardized, so you may need to pre string loosly with some to determine the proper short side.I always strung them as 2 piece, especially with gut, as Bow Brand back then (wooden racquet era) ,came in 2- 17' pieces to one set of strings.

Hope this helps. Jim