PDA

View Full Version : Halo 3 vs. GOW

brayman9
10-05-2007, 03:32 PM
You make the call which is better say why? I am about to purchase the one with more votes. If other recomondations please tell me.

str33t
10-05-2007, 03:34 PM
If you have already played Halo 2, you might want to get Gears because its just something new. Halo 3 is pretty much like Halo 2 but with some upgrades and stuff. Gears is a whole new experience. I have both Halo 2 and Gears and am planning on getting Halo 3. In my opinion, Gears is a pretty awesome game.

Noveson
10-05-2007, 03:35 PM
I like them both. Gears of war is way fun on the first play through of the campaign, but it didn't last for me much past that. I just think I'll be playing Halo for a long time, while I haven't played GOW since I beat it on whatever the hardest difficulty is.

Mastermind
10-05-2007, 03:39 PM
Gears of War. Way more replay value to me.

Hot Sauce
10-05-2007, 04:20 PM
Get both. They are both incredible games.

Mad iX
10-05-2007, 04:24 PM
The first time I played Halo, it was really enjoyable. Halo 3 is a progression of that.

The first time I played GoW, it blew my mind.

I would say GoW > Halo 3. Especially since you can probably buy it used for a lot less than retail. Also, it doesn't seem like you've played previous Halo games? So the experience won't be as enjoyable without the backstory.

Freedom
10-05-2007, 05:26 PM
They're both great. I've heard Gears sort of has a "half-story" (it's not very long) but I know it has great multiplayer. I've heard Halo 3's campaign is good (a LOT better than Halo 2s) and while I do like H2s multiplayer more, Halo 3 does have good multiplayer.

All this being said, if you don't have Xbox Live, that needs to be your first step before buying either game. There are hundreds of thousands of people online in Halo 3 all day, but I couldn't tell you the numbers for Gears.

I'd vote for Halo, but if you can snag a used copy of Gears for cheap, get it too, because it's worth it.

brayman9
10-05-2007, 06:06 PM
i have played the halo series i beat the first one and never owned the second one but rented it and got somewhat through it.

UW_Husky88
10-05-2007, 08:07 PM
how does halo, GOW compare to GRAW and R6:V? People normally side with either one or the other (as in Halo & GOW or GRAW/R6:V), so what would you guys recommend to someone who mostly plays single player that wants a game that has replay value in the single player, and still has really good mutliplayer (when I get Xbox Live)? Btw, don't recommend Halo 3 because I already have it (and I love that game so much!)

quest01
10-05-2007, 09:45 PM
I think single player wise its almost a tossup, while multiplayer i would give the edge to Halo 3. I would also put Rainbow Six: Las Vegas on par with these two games.

Gmedlo
10-05-2007, 09:55 PM
IMO both games are pretty bad; GOW is unique, but wasn't quick enough for me. Halo is basically a stock shooter. I like to think of it as 007 Goldeneye on the N64, only with shiny guns and cars. Neither have a great multiplayer, but GOWs is better.

The halo series is a joke; zero replay value and the new installments brought almost nothing 'new.'

In fact, very few video games can entertain me anymore... After TFC (a mod for HL), everything pales in comparison.

Voltron
10-05-2007, 10:04 PM
Halo is really a cheap thrill, but hey, I'm having fun. So, is anyone playing it online yet?

Noveson
10-05-2007, 10:48 PM
Halo is really a cheap thrill, but hey, I'm having fun. So, is anyone playing it online yet?

IMO both games are pretty bad; GOW is unique, but wasn't quick enough for me. Halo is basically a stock shooter. I like to think of it as 007 Goldeneye on the N64, only with shiny guns and cars. Neither have a great multiplayer, but GOWs is better.

The halo series is a joke; zero replay value and the new installments brought almost nothing 'new.'

In fact, very few video games can entertain me anymore... After TFC (a mod for HL), everything pales in comparison.

Funny you compare Halo to Goldeneye, which is regarded as the greatest FPS of all time, thanks for that. Yeah I'm playing both Halo and GOW online.

I liked teh GOW campaign more I think, cause it was unique. But there isn't a gaming experience that is more fun that 16 player halo.

FEDEX1
10-10-2007, 04:38 PM
GOW is horrible. halo 3 way better. but the game you really need to get is COD 4 its gonna be sick