PDA

View Full Version : Top 10 teenage athletes

sliceroni
11-10-2004, 07:32 PM
Happen to catch some of Fox Sports Network top 10 teenage athletes of all-time special. They had Sampras at #6, destroying hall-of-fame veterans at the 90 USO at age 19. Had the bootylicious Williams sisters in at 3. Had Becker at #2 w/ back-to-back Wimby titles at age 17-18. Lebron James at #1, Cavs won twice as many games this year compared to last yr.

funny sound bites:

Jim Courier on Becker "Winning Wimbledon at the age of 17 in Germany, hmm..think he got A LOT of tail from the ladies? I do."

"Becker had that serve where he'd extend back and looked as if he was going to touch the back of his head to his ankles"

"Richard Williams had his babies swinging out of the womb"

"Imagine being 14 and waving at Snoop Dog as you're practicing on a court in Compton"

Ronaldo
11-10-2004, 09:01 PM
Shoulda seen Lebron in High School, awesome, even all-state in football, drafted by the Browns.

MARK ANDERS
11-10-2004, 09:36 PM
Sliceroni....Snoop Dogg grew up in Long Beach, not Lynwood- where the Williams sisters grew up, so there would be no waving.

sliceroni
11-10-2004, 10:04 PM
I think whomever said it on that show, some sports reporter whom I dont' remember the name, meant it as a joke.

crosscourt
11-11-2004, 03:25 AM
I guess FSN never heard of Wayne Rooney

perfmode
11-11-2004, 05:54 AM
Sliceroni....Snoop Dogg grew up in Long Beach, not Lynwood- where the Williams sisters grew up, so there would be no waving.

Snoop said that he often saw the Williams' sisters practicing at some public courts in Compton. Richard moved them to Compton to toughen them up but I don't remember how old they were or how long they lived there.

11-11-2004, 08:41 AM
Wayne Rooney for sure! Also:

X-GAMES moto-stud Travis Pastrana
most pro snowboarders
Michelle Wie
JenCrap, Monica Seles and the Swiss Miss

nyu
11-11-2004, 01:18 PM
Hopefully they mentioned Adu. He's only 15 and has stepped up big for the United, having a hand in both of their play-off wins so far(an assist in the quarters that broke the 0-0 tie in the 80th minute, and a goal in semi's in the shoot-out that the United won 4-3)

perfmode
11-11-2004, 01:23 PM
Hopefully they mentioned Adu. He's only 15 and has stepped up big for the United, having a hand in both of their play-off wins so far(an assist in the quarters that broke the 0-0 tie in the 80th minute, and a goal in semi's in the shoot-out that the United won 4-3)

There are soccer players all over the world his age that are a lot better. Go to Spain, Brazil or Argentina and you will see some crazy talent. Kids his age are getting ready to play UEFA football while he's going to spend the rest of his life in the MLS. My friend Eamon was given an offer by Arsenal three years ago. He was 14. They wanted him to come and train up there with them while he went to school so he could play for them when he got older.

intense2b
11-11-2004, 06:11 PM
Borg I believe won the French at 18 and was one of the biggest sex symbols of the 70's in Tennis or anything else. Women died for this guy. I was reading at one point he was mawled by a group of women so badly that they ripped most of his clothes off. Luck son of a *****.