PDA

View Full Version : Best string for Wilson K Team 95??

Connors
10-05-2007, 07:14 PM
I absolutely love this racket-it's weight, feel, spin potential, maneuverability, etc.

It is not an inherently powerful racket but does offer a 325 swing weight. I put Babolat Hurrican Tour 17 in it--doesn't feel good. I don't like the plasticy coating on the string.

I want a powerful, crisp string--17 or 18 guage. I want to maximize the power as the control is great. Thanks for any suggestions.

Valjean
10-05-2007, 08:42 PM
Try Prince's new one, their Synthetic Gut Multifilament, then--unless you're prone to break string very frequently.

caesar66
10-05-2007, 09:05 PM
I've got one of mine strung with pro supex blue gear mains and wilson extreme synth gut, and have no trouble with spin. a little underpowered, but probably due more to the weight than the strings. I've leaded it a bit and hopefully this will help

GokuQ
10-05-2007, 10:26 PM
i like this frame a lot too, 95" head, light even balance, and soft w/great feel

if you wanna go crisp, multi with good pop, try laserfibre prostock 17g

kevlar hybrid played best on this frame for me though, 18g mains, 17g mono x's(gosen og was fine), the combination of the thin gauge to open up the stringbed and the stiff feel of the kevlar felt great on this frame