PDA

View Full Version : aiming the ball w/ a windshield wiper forehand

i love t3nn1s
10-05-2007, 08:40 PM
can anyone tell me how to aim the ball and place it like down the line or crosscourt using a windshield wiper forehand???? the thing is that...i find it very easy to aim it cross court from the deuce side but i have trouble going downthe liine...any tips???

Gmedlo
10-05-2007, 08:56 PM
Quit wiping so much? Do you expect to be able to aim the ball well with a wind-shield wiper forehand?

WildVolley
10-06-2007, 06:48 AM
Quit wiping so much? Do you expect to be able to aim the ball well with a wind-shield wiper forehand?

Most of the pros who hit the WW have no difficulty aiming the ball.

The key is to have the racquet moving out through the ball on contact. Many lower level players hitting the WW don't get any extension through the ball, and if they're letting the racquet face shift planes a lot at contact, aim is going to be something of a problem.

On a down the line shot, the stroke is essentially the same. As James Blake says, just time the contact point an "instant later" as compared to your cross court, and extend through the ball down the line before coming across the body.

schnick_15
10-06-2007, 10:10 AM
Like said above, your going to have to change your contact point. But the most likely thing to work on would be your footwork, it will help you aim better and hit with more authority on those down the line shots.

Verilious
10-06-2007, 12:00 PM
Most of the pros who hit the WW have no difficulty aiming the ball.

The key is to have the racquet moving out through the ball on contact. Many lower level players hitting the WW don't get any extension through the ball, and if they're letting the racquet face shift planes a lot at contact, aim is going to be something of a problem.

On a down the line shot, the stroke is essentially the same. As James Blake says, just time the contact point an "instant later" as compared to your cross court, and extend through the ball down the line before coming across the body.

They're pros for a reason. =/