PDA

View Full Version : More Spin?

dieumyr
10-06-2007, 02:56 AM
Hi folks,

I 'm willing to add security, and so spin to my game but I hardly master it, especially on forehand...
Do you have some tips?

krprunitennis2
10-06-2007, 06:28 AM
I think: get your racket head low, brush up on the ball, and yeah. xD that's what I heard from people. And I'm pretty sure about the brushing up on the ball, not sure about having to get your racket head low, but that seems to help me.

Messarger
10-06-2007, 06:54 AM
Sarcasm 100%.

If you want topspin, try hitting the ball while your racket is perpendicular to the ground. The more perpendicular the better.

Lean into your shots and hit through the ball. Do not 'brush up' on the ball. It'll only give you spin, but you're sacrificing depth and power.

Punisha
10-06-2007, 07:15 AM
flip the racquet and use the handle... gives u insane spin

Commando Tennis Shorts
10-06-2007, 01:21 PM
make sure you keep your racquet head speed up---this seems obvious but you'd be surprised the amount of people who slow down their swings b/c they're not yet comfortable with spin.

HotCarl
10-06-2007, 01:46 PM
yeah, what he said. Swing just as hard, but brush up the back of the ball more than hitting through it. Not completely, because you want forward momentum, so think of swinging low to high at along a plane 45 degrees relative to the court. That should help.

Ryoma
10-06-2007, 05:52 PM
Try to grip the ball with the string and torque the ball out. If you can't grip the ball ball with the string, string your racket with lower tension next time or use a softer string.