PDA

View Full Version : Confused About Fischer Frames

bear
10-06-2007, 10:09 AM
I really do love Fischer frames, however I'm wondering which material goes into which frame? I have hit with the original MP Pro No. 1 and read that it is graphite, pizeoelectric fibers and fiberglass. I understand what all those materials are. When the original MP Pro No. 1 was released it was followed by the introduction of the Magnetic Tour 100 which is another truly remarkable frame. At the time it seemed that this frame was made with "aircarbon", as were older tour 100 frames. If one knows anything about chemistry it is known that graphite is carbon but in a different molecular form. "Aircarbon" is even more different being it is a form of carbon. So, are all Fischer frames made with "Aircarbon"? It seems there is a difference to me between the black frames (MP Pro No.1) and the yellow frames (Magnetic Tour 100 and M Comp 95). These frames also feel and respond differently when hitting. Is it Graphite vs. Aircarbon? Do you know?

-Bear:confused:

0d1n
10-06-2007, 11:37 AM
No, it is not "graphite" versus "aircarbon" it's "vastly different molds, beam width, stiffness, head size/shape", hence different playing characteristics.