PDA

View Full Version : Strining on Drop with Floating?

User Name
10-06-2007, 10:56 AM
Hi, I just got a strining machine that is drop weight and has floating clamps. Can anybody point me to a video that could help me. I tried the SP one, but it isnt working. I normally use a fixed clamp crank, but i got this for on the go stringing and college. How do you start the string job? Do i need a starting clamp? Thanks. Any one with a list of what is needed and nice stringing details, that would be great. Thanks.

Clintspin
10-06-2007, 11:12 AM
There is a lot of information on the six pages of this post with links to other pages.

http://www.******************.com/forum/YaBB.pl?num=1183731055/85#85

Just put in Glamslamstringers.

shojun25
10-06-2007, 01:31 PM
I normally use a fixed clamp crank, but i got this for on the go stringing and college. How do you start the string job? Do i need a starting clamp? Thanks. Any one with a list of what is needed and nice stringing details, that would be great. Thanks.

If you have strung a racquet before with a fixed clamp crank machine, why do you need to know how to start a string job? I'm sorry but, I don't cooperate well with people who are dishonest.

User Name
10-06-2007, 03:15 PM
If you have strung a racquet before with a fixed clamp crank machine, why do you need to know how to start a string job? I'm sorry but, I don't cooperate well with people who are dishonest.

Wow do you seriously think that i am lieing? I cant even fathom a reason for why i would lie about wanting to know how to start a string job with floating clamps. I have always used fix clamps, but not floating. I just dont know what to use as an anchor for the floating clamp, possibly a starting clamp?

I apologize if this question seems dishonest, and please share with the group any reason for one to lie about something like this