PDA

View Full Version : British press criticised by Tim!

pound cat
11-11-2004, 05:02 AM
After all these years of criticism Tim finally pays back. Good one, Tim.. bbc.co.uk

Tim Henman is in no mood to back down after admitting he "ruffled a few feathers" among the British press last week.

After telling local press in Switzerland that their British counterparts "knew nothing about the game", he has reiterated his views in Paris.

"For eight years, I've had to take my fair share of criticism and for the first time I've criticised some of them," he told his website.

"Some of those journalists appear to be complaining about it, to which I have two responses.

"First, what I said is only my opinion to which, of course, I'm entitled.

"And second, it appears they aren't enjoying the experience of this role reversal. They now know how it feels when someone criticises them publicly and they clearly don't like it

bb47
11-11-2004, 01:22 PM
I like this guy more and more. Can't wait till he breaks his first racket (or maybe he's already done so). There's been nothing more sickening than a crowd of British babushkas at Wimby criyng "Go on Tiger!". Next year I will be amongst them.

Matt Riordan
11-11-2004, 01:37 PM
Yes, I have seen Tim break a racquet - immediately after being aced on match point by Mark Philippoussis at Wimbledon a few years ago - that was a tough one - 6-1 5-7 6-7 6-3 6-4. Henman smashed his racquet on his foot, out in front like you'd knock the clay out of your grips. Now that's a hard foot ha ha! :)

pound cat
11-11-2004, 02:42 PM
British babushkas??? You demean all the nice Russian grandmothers who are real babushkas. LOL

James Brown
11-11-2004, 04:11 PM
slavik babushkas, russian AND ukrainian (other countries too im sure, belarus,etc). british grannies aint babushkas

the man to beat
11-12-2004, 11:30 AM
thank you mr brown

are u from a tarantino film by any chance

ha

drakulie
11-12-2004, 12:17 PM
Henman Rules