PDA

View Full Version : what else do you watch besides tennis??

lovecr717
10-07-2007, 03:13 AM
just curious to know.
apart from tennis, i am actually a football fanatic , manchester united is my favourite football club and cristiano ronaldo is my favourite footballer!!
btw,
yeah just like most asian, i watch badminton too.

gerikoh
10-07-2007, 03:16 AM
a lot of other sports. watching discovery/nat geo/animal planet. watching my pet cat play and sleep. :D

lovecr717
10-07-2007, 03:31 AM
a lot of other sports. watching discovery/nat geo/animal planet. watching my pet cat play and sleep. :D

hey you have a cat! i am kinda afraid of cat (i know it sounds a lil bit crazy)
but then come back to the topic, you watch alot of other sports. does it including football?

gerikoh
10-07-2007, 03:45 AM
hey you have a cat! i am kinda afraid of cat (i know it sounds a lil bit crazy)
but then come back to the topic, you watch alot of other sports. does it including football?
not much into soccer, it's kinda boring but my fave team is manu too! basketball, boxing, baseball.

why afraid of a cat?

i have a black cat and he acts like panther. :D

phoony
10-07-2007, 07:05 AM
Hockey hmmm basketball.........;) driving

10sfreak
10-07-2007, 07:11 AM
I LOVE football (American football - not what we call soccer). In fact, I watch a lot more NFL action than I do tennis, especially if the Dallas Cowboys are on.

Shahar26
10-07-2007, 09:04 AM
Soccer is my favorite, I watch 2-8 games every weekend, and the highlight show is the best hour on TV for me.

I watch baseball, but only playoffs, any sports that plays 160+ games per season and each game is 3-4 hours is boring IMO, the players are not going to give 100% each game (unless it's playoff time).

NFL is also on my list, short season = every game counts....

Jonny S&V
10-07-2007, 09:07 AM
I LOVE football (American football - not what we call soccer). In fact, I watch a lot more NFL action than I do tennis, especially if the Dallas Cowboys are on.

Eww, lol. Vikings all the way (even though they will never win the Superbowl, never hurts to dream).

JMS
10-07-2007, 09:08 AM
College Basketball, College football (American Football)

TokyopunK
10-07-2007, 09:23 AM
Well you are 17 and are probably a teenager whose hormones are raging so you could always watch...............................nevermind don't do it.

ananda
10-07-2007, 09:32 AM
just tennis.

Loco4Tennis
10-07-2007, 09:57 AM
i like to watch "el ocho" obscure sports, :-), what movie is that line from??
i hate watching sports, playing them is better

WillAlwaysLoveYouTennis
10-07-2007, 10:03 AM
Football, almost exclusively Bundesliga, or England teams. I like Australian Rules but don't get to see it much anymore, always was a fan of Essendon. Otherwise I watch volleyball, especially women's beach!!! ;-) occasionally billiards, badminton, swimming, and hockey. In winter I love watching luge, bobsled, cross country, downhill, etc. and also figure skating but only the men's.

hjminard
10-07-2007, 10:08 AM
Baseball, American football, hockey, basketball and soccer (association football) ... when my daughter is playing.

Seifersquall1
10-07-2007, 10:13 AM
Basketball, american football, and baseball.

power_play21
10-07-2007, 10:29 AM
lectures. my schedule is wack this semester.

vkartikv
10-07-2007, 10:57 AM
Cricket, Champions League, Field Hockey, MotoGP, World Superbikes, Formula 1

goober
10-07-2007, 11:10 AM
I watch some American football and basketball. In general prefer college over pros but watch both. During playoffs and world series I will watch baseball.

Fedace
10-07-2007, 11:13 AM
I watch some American football and basketball. In general prefer college over pros but watch both. During playoffs and world series I will watch baseball.

I have never seen a foreigner have so much opinions about american college tennis.:(

goober
10-07-2007, 11:17 AM
I have never seen a foreigner have so much opinions about american college tennis.:(

USA born and bred here. If you bothered to read the title of this thread it is what do watch besides tennis?

Are you talking about yourself? I always suspected that you were foreign born by the way you write and failure to see any time anyone injects sarcasm into their posts. That would explain a lot.

Fedace
10-07-2007, 11:22 AM
USA born and bred here. If you bothered to read the title of this thread it is what do watch besides tennis?

Are you talking about yourself? I always suspected that you were foreign born by the way you write and failure to see any time anyone injects sarcasm into their posts. That would explain a lot.

I am a RED blooded All american. thank you. Sarcasm does not = insults. If you were a classy american you would know that.:grin:

Breaker
10-07-2007, 11:24 AM
Sports
Premiereship soccer - Man. City
Football - Colts and Bengals then whatever is on Monday night.
Basketball - NETS! At least until Kidd retires.

Shows
House
Flight of the Conchords
Seinfeld
The Office

goober
10-07-2007, 11:31 AM
Sarcasm does not = insults. If you were a classy american you would know that.:grin:

Actually it does. If you were an educated American you know that. Learn the meaning of words. I know you said you graduated from college but try using a dictionary sometime.

sarcasm

1 : a sharp and often satirical or ironic utterance designed to cut or give pain

2: a mode of satirical wit depending for its effect on bitter, caustic, and often ironic language that is usually directed against an individual

vive le beau jeu !
10-07-2007, 01:38 PM
just tennis.
same here.
(as regards sports)

Feņa14
10-07-2007, 02:25 PM
Football (Chelsea away season ticket holder)
Cricket
Golf
Boxing
Formula 1

Shahar26
10-07-2007, 02:37 PM
Actually it does. If you were an educated American you know that. Learn the meaning of words. I know you said you graduated from college but try using a dictionary sometime.

sarcasm

1 : a sharp and often satirical or ironic utterance designed to cut or give pain

2: a mode of satirical wit depending for its effect on bitter, caustic, and often ironic language that is usually directed against an individual

I'm not sure how it came up, but you can't just look at a regular dictionary, many words evolve differently in various areas / cultures (there are too many examples to list).

As someone who lives in the US, I'd say sarcasm is not meant just to be bad / offensive, it has many funny / positive uses.

Shashwat
10-07-2007, 03:41 PM
NBA - favorite
NCAAF
NFL

thats pretty much it, i used to watch cricket when i was younger, but stopped now. also watched soccer for a while and stopped, mainly the english premier league.

tenniskid3119
10-07-2007, 03:55 PM
All NFL teams- but my favorite Dallas Cowboys!! (Superbowl winners this year, I'm just predicting)
Some NCAAF
Tennis
Sportscenter

Shows:

Chuck- top show right now
Survivor
CSI
The Big Bang Theory- definetly you have to watch
Scrubs- absolutely hilarious
The Office
SNL
Mythbusters
Dirty Jobs
Still Standing
King of Queens

goober
10-07-2007, 05:26 PM
I'm not sure how it came up, but you can't just look at a regular dictionary, many words evolve differently in various areas / cultures (there are too many examples to list).

As someone who lives in the US, I'd say sarcasm is not meant just to be bad / offensive, it has many funny / positive uses.

Even when funny or humorous it is almost always at someone else's expense and can be considered a light hearted insult or jab. Most people who use sarcasm use the term incorrectly. Usually what they are referring to is verbal irony which is not strictly sarcasm. I agree if enough people use it incorrectly than it will eventually change meaning.

However to the point- I was responding to another poster who stated that sarcasm does not equal insult when in fact it can and does just whether it is light hearted humorous insult or a biting caustic one.

masha4ever#1
10-08-2007, 11:11 AM
hockey all the way!! Oh yeah ...hockey and tennis are the greatest sports ever;)