PDA

View Full Version : Tips from Roger Federer

Elyod Nanoc
10-07-2007, 02:16 PM
http://youtube.com/watch?v=9yx61zhBzFU

"I think you always have the choice of working on your strength and weakness, I think its just important to work on alot, you know. Improve alittle bit your strength and improve alittle bit your weakness. You know, actually what happens in a match, all the opponents play against your weakness, so over the years you improve your weakness because everyone is playing them. So in a way you improve on the court as in a practice court."

"I was not so mentally strong before, you know. Very sad sometimes, I'll cry after matches.....I'm suprised too how far I've come, making it my weakness to my strength, but it actually can show that anybody can change if you really want to."

-Roger Federer

btw if you want a translation on other parts ask me;)

tbini87
10-07-2007, 02:25 PM
good point. i do feel like playing matches really gives a lot of good feed back about where you are with your game. being able to bash the ball while just hitting doesn't say much if you can't hit like that in a real match. also shows where your strengths and weaknesses are.

Tennisplayer92
10-07-2007, 02:58 PM
its fed alright! you know?

Mahboob Khan
10-09-2007, 09:46 AM
It is preferred that after every match:

-- one should work on his/her strength;

-- Also visit his/her technical flaws through the help of a coach.

I am a strong believer of the fact that practice sessions should address the strong points as well as weak points.

This practice should be followed even during tournaments.

Seifersquall1
10-13-2007, 08:56 PM
That's good advice :D