PDA

View Full Version : Dexter fans?

caesar66
10-07-2007, 08:01 PM
Any Dexter fans out there? of either the books or the show. I have read the first two books and loved the show last season, and its looking like this season will be awesome to. Hopefully the books will continue, can't wait to read the third.

TokyopunK
10-08-2007, 03:31 AM
Dexter's Laboratory?

DNShade
10-08-2007, 03:44 AM
Great show.

malakas
10-08-2007, 03:46 AM
In Dexter's Laboratoryyyy, lives the smartest boy you've ever seeeeen!
but Dee Dee blows his experiments to smithereeeeens
There is gloom, and doom while things go boooooom
in Dexter's Laaaaaaaaaaaaabb!

haha,haven't seen it for years.

edberg505
10-08-2007, 04:21 AM
Any Dexter fans out there? of either the books or the show. I have read the first two books and loved the show last season, and its looking like this season will be awesome to. Hopefully the books will continue, can't wait to read the third.

Yes, I love that show. Unfortunately I don't have Showtime. So, I'm gonna have to wait until this season is on dvd. I saw all of last season on dvd as well. There is no way I'm going to order Showtime just for Dexter though.

caesar66
10-08-2007, 06:34 AM
lol not dexter's labratory, the show Dexter on showtime (though I did enjoy dex. lab as a kid). I understand on the whole showtime deal, I live in an apt with three other people so splitting up the nicer cable package is easier, I'd probably be the same way if I were alone/married.

Jonnyf
10-08-2007, 12:16 PM
Yeah, I've been watching it over here and have enjoyed it.

mmeyer1
10-08-2007, 01:59 PM
dexter is a cool show, it reminds me way too much of american psycho though. Oh yeah Doakes and dexter's sister are annoying as hell too

MEAC_ALLAMERICAN
10-08-2007, 05:54 PM
I have been hearing a lot about this show, but last week "On Demand" had the entire 1st season for a sample, and I have not missed an episode since (had to get Showtime). I haven't read the books though, but this season is really good so far.

bigfoot910
10-08-2007, 05:59 PM
Really enjoy this show!!! I had never watched it until I got on-demand with my cable package... great, now I'm addicted.

Klatu Verata Necktie
10-08-2007, 06:21 PM

I haven't seen the Showtime show "Dexter", but agree with malakas that "Dexter's Laboratory" was a great show. I loved it when it was on and I still love it.

I don't think I will ever outgrow quality animation. For instance, who has outgrown the Looney Toons of the 40's and 50's?

MEAC_ALLAMERICAN
10-08-2007, 06:23 PM
Dexter's Laboratory?

This is "On Demand" also through comcast.

bigdog8815
10-09-2007, 09:27 AM
Really enjoy the show. Went to high school with M.C. Hall. He was two years behind me in school but he began playing football that year and I eneded up being his ride to and from school for most of the year. He is very talented. Happens to be the same high school that Emily Proctor from CSI Miami attended..she was 1 year ahead of me.

edberg505
10-09-2007, 10:53 AM
Really enjoy the show. Went to high school with M.C. Hall. He was two years behind me in school but he began playing football that year and I eneded up being his ride to and from school for most of the year. He is very talented. Happens to be the same high school that Emily Proctor from CSI Miami attended..she was 1 year ahead of me.

Man I love Emily Procter. She's hot. And she is also the only reason that I have ever tuned in to that show at all.

Jack the Hack
10-09-2007, 11:42 AM
I read "Darkly Dreaming Dexter" a couple years ago, and I was happy that Showtime made it into a series. The casting seems to be just about perfect as far as how the characters were portrayed in the book. M.C Hall is great!

Obviously, they strayed away from the book towards the end of last season... and I'm very happy with the direction they've gone. My wife thinks I'm messed up to like a show with a serial killer as the "hero", but the stories are filled with good tension, humor (:twisted:), and drama.

drhopz
10-09-2007, 08:09 PM
Dexter's Lab! Loved it along w/ Johnny Bravo. I loved how Dex's Lab came into mind instead of the show on showtime.

StealthGnome
10-09-2007, 10:07 PM
I'm sad. I don't watch many cartoons anymore. :(

Apocalipstic
10-10-2007, 05:29 AM
This is ridiculous.
I could be killing him right now.

richw76
10-10-2007, 09:51 AM
I read "Darkly Dreaming Dexter" a couple years ago, and I was happy that Showtime made it into a series. The casting seems to be just about perfect as far as how the characters were portrayed in the book. M.C Hall is great!

Obviously, they strayed away from the book towards the end of last season... and I'm very happy with the direction they've gone. My wife thinks I'm messed up to like a show with a serial killer as the "hero", but the stories are filled with good tension, humor (:twisted:), and drama.

LMAO, My wife thinks I'm a little off for liking the show too. :-) But in a sense he is an inspiration, talk about turning a negative and makign it a positive.

I mean Murder is wrong but he kills murdering pedophiles, and worse. <wagging my finger> baaaad Dexter. :-)

xtremerunnerars
10-10-2007, 04:22 PM
I would really like to watch this show, but I don't get showtime here. I remember seeing the preview/trailer a few years ago and was pretty excited for it.

I think I have the jist of the show: doctor guy is a serial killer who sees someone else's work and is all amazed...sorta?

caesar66
10-10-2007, 04:30 PM
dexter is a blood spatter analyst for the miami pd and also a genuine serial killer, but he only kills those who "deserve" it.

peter
10-11-2007, 09:07 AM

Yep. Best show ever! :-)

That and another favourite of mine: Ed, Edd n Eddy!