PDA

View Full Version : video taped myself for the first time...

tbini87
10-07-2007, 10:31 PM
and it showed me a lot about my game. i really like being able to see my strokes and check out my fundamentals. i noticed that i had a much shorter back swing on both sides then i thought. it was almost non existent. also got to check out my footwork and see that i was backing up on WAY too many balls. i would recommend doing this yourself to get to see what you look like and what you can work on. i thought my strokes looked one way, but the video shows another story!

Deuce
10-07-2007, 10:35 PM
Yes - this is the best way to learn about oneself.

WildVolley
10-08-2007, 10:45 AM
Very good idea. The use of video can help you to make huge improvements in your form in a short period of time.

I think it is interesting to find out what you think you're doing and what you feel yourself doing often differs from what you're really doing!

tbini87
10-08-2007, 11:32 AM
Very good idea. The use of video can help you to make huge improvements in your form in a short period of time.

I think it is interesting to find out what you think you're doing and what you feel yourself doing often differs from what you're really doing!

yeah the camera doesn't lie! i thought i was bombing serves, but the video showed some decently paced serves with average spin haha. i also barely used my legs at all in my serve which is going to change soon!

Seifersquall1
10-13-2007, 09:43 PM
Good for you :D

jjrl2004
10-14-2007, 02:17 PM
yeah Im asking my dad to film me...I wanna see my serve o_O

WildVolley
10-14-2007, 05:58 PM

You can film yourself quite easily if you can get a tripod or rig something close enough. For analysis, it is best if the camera isn't moving when shooting. I find directly behind and to the side the best for getting an idea of what my serve looks like.

njboy
10-14-2007, 06:03 PM

put the camera on the hopper so you don't need others.

Noveson
10-14-2007, 08:05 PM
Yeah I just propped the camera onto my tennis bad, then tilted it up a little, worked like a charm;)